Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

01/11/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Carbohydrate
Terrible, they have been working so long ON THAT?! im done.

^
Reply Quote
Liked what I read in the preview :D Woohoo!
Reply Quote
Nice. I like what I am seeing! But dang 20mil to make a new gem wow! Can't afford it T.T
Reply Quote
Blizzard - Thank-you !
Reply Quote
what about extra icons for buffs?

icons beside/below enemy names for our debuffs to them?
Reply Quote
Couldn't they have added a new gem family as well, instead of just adding a higher-tier to the gems that already exist? Most people won't be able to get that level of gem anyways.
Reply Quote
Good job here, Blizzard!!
Reply Quote
Once again those players willing to spend real money on BIS gain all the perks and advantages-

Best gems [20mill for the new type]
best xp gains at higher mp levels

How about catering to casuals and honest players Blizz?
Edited by Interox#2404 on 1/12/2013 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
"substantial reagent and gold cost (3 Radiant Star gems, 20 million gold, and 1 Demonic Essence)"

Players that play the game for fun (game ... fun) can't really put in that much gold - without playing the AH or being silly lucky with an item drop.

please reconsider gem costs so they become an option for people that just want to casually play the game for fun.

why? We do depend on some luck for good items to drop (yay for the new recipes though) - but without an AWESOME drop or more AH action than game time will you get the 20 million gold (plus whatever is required before - I'm only up to 70% gems myself, still have all classes lvl60).

Sorry, but I want to play the game for the fun of slaughtering large groups of demons - that just doesn't give me the gold to make high quality gems. Again - please reconsider gem gold prices.

I second this, the jump from 400k crafting cost to 20 million is pretty unbalanced. I'm not Diablo poor either but I know the average player will not be delving into crafting these top tier gems. Someone who plays for a minimal amount per week has no chance at reaching these unless they get a godly drop.

Also, does anyone else feel like within a year everyone will be running around with "bound to account" items? Is this really the point of a Diablo game?

While most of the changes seem nice and kind of fun, I don't see the thrill lasting long. I'm not quitting because I still like the game a lot, and I'm a day 1 player, but I just know there can be so much more done to make this game amazingly good.

I know these aren't the full patch notes so I will wait and see what other info is released. Just putting in my 2 cents because the notes were slightly disappointing to me.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Scorch
Same as in D2, aka it sucks... I was looking forward to a focused pvp system, not this band-aid fix that makes you go out of your way to ask people in chat or whatever to form up a party just for dueling,
Hey, I'm right their with you. I never though D2 PvP was much of anything, but people like you and me are in the minority. I would love to see a fleshed out PvP that Jay alluded to in the blog. But, at least this Dueling system isn't just a hostile switch. At least it has it's own zone with what it sounds like a unique playground to hang out in. Some may say finding duels might be hard, but lets just spam chat like we've all done in the good old days. Looking For Duels is probably the best thing you can use general chat for besdies "Looking for Trade/Ubers". If the majority of players are trying to find duels and it's popular, I'm sure Blizzard will continue to improve the system.

If this dueling mode is pretty solid, I would rather they just throw out Arena completely and create the more objective/PvE based PvP. Plus the more I think about it, the more I think releasing just a simple dueling mode first will be much better for the longevity of PvP in Diablo 3. We'll be able to test Balance in a pure, simple state. Sure, we can complain forever why this simple PvP mode wasn't ready for release, but I rather not dwell on it and get on with my life.
Edited by Connatic#1376 on 1/12/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Once again those players willing to spend real money on BIS gain all the perks and advantages-

Best gems [20mill for the new type]
best xp gains at higher mp levels

How about catering to casuals and honest players Blizz?

this game is run by the rmah if u dont like either quit or stop crying. what do u suggest they do hand u a billion gold so u can stop menstruating?
Reply Quote
*The answer is that we want players to be able to build their characters in different ways, and we would rather Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage weren’t always automatically the right answer. While this is not something that will change overnight, "different stats for different builds" is a high-level design goal and introducing a very strong Ruby is a step in the right direction.*

This is what's wrong with the game.
Reply Quote
What exactly is the ruby change? The preview doesn't state exactly, it mentions IAS but doesn't outright state what the change is. So we know it is changing, but not how.

So is it staying +dmg but the numbers are being rebalanced across the ruby tiers? (because getting only +1 min/max from radiant square to star is /terrible/). Or are they making it boost a different stat entirely (like IAS)?
Reply Quote
For a Wiz that had to roll a Barb to craft a hellfire ring (still in process) I thank you for the increased XP at lower MP levels. Lots of good stuff in 1.07 but the cost of gems is a killer for a lot of players that don't bot or roll a barb to farm enough gold in higher mp's. I wish all gems had a chance to drop no matter how little chance of finding one. That dueling sounds a lot like pvp being able to have 4 players!
Reply Quote
I think they are just boosting the +Damage that rubies give, so stacking more attacks speed instead of crit% + crit damage could possibly be viable.
Reply Quote
And topaz still give like 2k thorns damage.....yup
Reply Quote
I like most of what is projected for the new patch, but I'm with a few when I say the Dueling poses an issue, regardless of whether its for me or not. I do not quite see the point of getting into a random game just to try and find someone to Duel, which outside of bragging about beating a complete stranger who also had nothing better to do, there's no reward. I have 2 ideas for that, 1. prior to the Duel, like trade window, you both agree on a Prize, one slot piece, and when you both agree, you hit agree locking the prize until the end of the Duel. 2. Have a random drop with the 4 basic stats with open blank box in which a value can be entered. and 3 random affixes that roll with that drop. Then the drop allows you a value of say for example 250. You now have a personal choice on how many of the 250 you want to put into which 4 basic stat boxes allowing to work with either what your character needs or what the 3 random property affixes could work well with. Account bound. You can also say MP0-1 150, MP-2 151-200, MP-3 201-250, etc. Just an idea.

The other issue is the gem upgrade Marquis..I saved every one of my gems from square one of all my characters, made the necessary upgrades, and you find that your supply has been greatly reduced. The cost may be a bit high, but workable in a sense, but its the drops that worry me. I don't believe there to be enough gem drops to create these new gems to supply all my characters. Those who run one Barb, as usual, obviously don't have to think of this problem, some will say only worry about one character, but I actually USE all of my built characters. They aren't all perfect for a reason in case some of you Pro players are going to be critics!

Other than that, I look forward to the new patch. Thanks goes out to the Blizzard team for the update news.

Game On......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]