Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

"I expect some clever theorycrafters will figure out some breakpoints for when to use one gem or another."

Like every existing calculator can't do it already...
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 02:03 PMPosted by BadtotheBone
So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you f*cking serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

All payers don't want random dueling in game. I, for one do not. You do not speak for the community.

And you even less. PVP is part of Diablo, now !@#$
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Connatic
Same as in D2, aka it sucks... I was looking forward to a focused pvp system, not this band-aid fix that makes you go out of your way to ask people in chat or whatever to form up a party just for dueling,
Hey, I'm right their with you. I never though D2 PvP was much of anything, but people like you and me are in the minority. I would love to see a fleshed out PvP that Jay alluded to in the blog. But, at least this Dueling system isn't just a hostile switch. At least it has it's own zone with what it sounds like a unique playground to hang out in. Some may say finding duels might be hard, but lets just spam chat like we've all done in the good old days. Looking For Duels is probably the best thing you can use general chat for besdies "Looking for Trade/Ubers". If the majority of players are trying to find duels and it's popular, I'm sure Blizzard will continue to improve the system.

If this dueling mode is pretty solid, I would rather they just throw out Arena completely and create the more objective/PvE based PvP. Plus the more I think about it, the more I think releasing just a simple dueling mode first will be much better for the longevity of PvP in Diablo 3. We'll be able to test Balance in a pure, simple state. Sure, we can complain forever why this simple PvP mode wasn't ready for release, but I rather not dwell on it and get on with my life.

Are you kidding me? PVE based PVP? No thank you... We asked for PVP, not PVE based PVP. There is already enough PVE. PVE is boring. We want PVP. If you want some PVE based !@#$ pvp then go play Strand of the Ancient in WoW.
Reply Quote
so when are you gonna release the PTR...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

We've actually discussed adding a dueling NPC to each Act hub to help address the concern you've brought up (though that may not make it to the PTR).
Reply Quote
In the past few months we have been having preview of preview and now we come to the stage of preview. Blizzard dev team has serious problem meeting deadline of work.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
We've actually discussed adding a dueling NPC to each Act hub to help address the concern you've brought up (though that may not make it to the PTR).

nice
please also consider a way to access public dueling game.
Reply Quote
We need uncontrolled pvp here as well Lylirra. Just because we like invading/searching for our prey, does not make us griefers. If your a old school pking fool, u know the satisfaction you get when you find the prey that you desperately hunt.

Sadly, pvp has been more and more carebeared to address folks that don't understand what they are purchasing when a game has a label warning, this game has pvp.

People just assume you are griefing when you are hunting them. This can be true in some situations.. However many of us just enjoy the thrill of the hunt, and the satisfaction of killing another person that isn't npc.

Please, can you address this carebear hand holding arranged pvp?
Reply Quote
PvP Jay Willson style:

WorldPvP=False -> WorldPvP=True

Took you 8 months to do this? To simply enable duels instead of bringing PvP system? You guys became a joke. Only reasons to log in this days is to tell you this kind of stuff. You are an enormous company and you handle your stuff worse than small butique from New Zeland.
Edited by Fishcookies#2760 on 1/13/2013 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi Lylirra can you confirm how Nephalem Valor will be carried over between acts?

1. Will players be able to get a 5 stack of Nephalem Valor in act 1 and go to act 3?

Or

2. Will it only carry over by selecting the NPC at the end of each act that takes you to the next act?

I hope (1) is the case. It would suck to have to complete each act to keep the Nephalem Valor stacks.
Edited by vman#1687 on 1/13/2013 1:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

Weak.

When are you going to let us travel back and forth between acts instead of forcing us to play linearly?
Reply Quote

Why add dueling NPC instead of rightclick player and they get pop up accept or decline duel similiar to WoW system?
Reply Quote
lol exclamation points, this patch is a bore and won't bring back me, hardcore gamers, or high profile streamers. When are you gonna give up and release a map editor and let the community fix this mess??!!
Reply Quote
When is PTR will come out? Thanks!
Reply Quote
So not even 2v2 dueling? I imagine this FFA thing will be fun for 2-3weeks and then gets boring again..
Reply Quote
Lylirra, man, tell me how many damage will receive char with 650allres 6k+ armor after crit 1kk? It will be duelling of oneshots or dmg will be ok redussed by stats? 650allres 6k+ armor 55k+ hp it very good stats to softcore... if it will be oneshot - i will cry.
Reply Quote
Nice work Blizz!!
I guess there are still some misunderstanding between us (the user side) and Blizzard, but even though, Diablo III devs and Community Managers improved that you've made a big effort listening to the numbers of user feedbacks! This Patch 1.0.7 is far more awesome than I expected!

Since it's kinda off topic and none of us have played the PTR yet, I wont talk about those issues here, but I'm sure that we (of course including myself) will keep trying to clarify about each of those remaining misunderstandings.

Anyways, great effort! ;D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]