Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Hello Blizzard,
please check out my notes about wizard skills

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/d2k2-2459/Zira/3021769
Reply Quote
We need uncontrolled pvp here as well Lylirra. Just because we like invading/searching for our prey, does not make us griefers. If your a old school pking fool, u know the satisfaction you get when you find the prey that you desperately hunt.

Sadly, pvp has been more and more carebeared to address folks that don't understand what they are purchasing when a game has a label warning, this game has pvp.

People just assume you are griefing when you are hunting them. This can be true in some situations.. However many of us just enjoy the thrill of the hunt, and the satisfaction of killing another person that isn't npc.

Please, can you address this carebear hand holding arranged pvp?

I'll never accept that the motivation to go out and PvP someone who didn't agree to PvP is anything other than mean spirited griefing.
Reply Quote
We might need a new fourm for PvP after 1.0.7 release for specific feedbacks and discussions.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Picard
ll never accept that the motivation to go out and PvP someone who didn't agree to PvP

haha, it looks like !@#$ without areement) fun, nice, cool, breaking the law, wonderful
Reply Quote
This BS, again ? seriously ?
Reply Quote
I think one with everything can be redesigned to connect with dps
Reply Quote
diablo is supposed to be a scary game. the only time fear ever had the potential to come into play was when someone was hunting you down, or you were in a serious duel/pvp scenario and had a high chance of death. getting a kill on another good player or hunting someone down yourself was the most fun and exciting thing possible in any diablo, other than finding a truly godly drop. since finding those sort of items almost never happens, getting kills on live prey so to speak was a hell of a lot more fun and interesting than killing hordes of mindless drones (PvE content). (call it stupid if you want, but I think it is a lot more stupid to think killing 1 million monsters who all do pretty much the same predictable things, is at all exciting, or worth playing).

whatever it was you felt in whatever PvP scenarios of the past, be it unease, elation, fear, relief, embarrassment, joy, it ultimately lead you to feel much more excitement than the boring farming ever could. it doesnt matter if it was legit duelz, pking, team pking, griefing, it was all part of the fun of going hostile with other players. D2 was modified to require consent regarding PKing later on, which I agree was more smart and more fair, but the pure excitement of being in an action game before the "accept hostile" button was put in, where ANYTHING GOES, was something a lot of people miss. I guess it boils down to peoples mentality, some feel like they are being bullied and hate the game for it, while others feel threatened and rise to the challenge. You win some, you lose some, and as long as it isn't hardcore, you live to fight another day. It's the losers who cry cry cry, and turn a harsh challenging and fun game into a boring carebear casual fest, where no one wins or loses anymore (unless they want to)....

simply put, if you had the ability to escape, fight evenly, or kill other Duelers/PKers, then you liked anything goes, or it made no difference to you. If you did not know how to avoid/escape, or fight back, and you constantly got humiliated/abused, you thought PvP was stupid and unfair and you cried about it. Losing surely is not fun in any way, but the fact is all games are more exciting when your !@# is on the line and you have no idea what kind of opponent you might have to face next. Schooling up your opponent is where it is at, in all games ever made. Getting that headshot, the final blow, the last touchdown, the ultra finisher, nothing beats that in any game, and its even better when you know your opponent really deserved it that time. The "carebears" so to speak, people who basically do not enjoy or understand the concepts of competition and challenge in games, are the losers who ruin it for the rest of us, who actually do understand what A GAME is supposed to be about.

The losers who can't stand losing, and are unwilling to learn how to stop losing, instead make it so no one can win or lose anymore.... thanks, i hope your carebear mentality serves you well in real life - where no one ever tries to beat you at anything, where you never lose if you do not want to, where everything you want is handed to you, and where everything you ever do is 100% safe and 100% fair.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 03:43 AMPosted by UGotGanked
diablo is supposed to be a scary game.

It's supposed to be scary, yes. PvM is supposed to be scary. Like in D1 where you run into the butcher.

Not like in D3 where a fairy princess kindly announces the fake-butcher's arrival.

I do not like the idea of being jumped by some kid with a character gimped out by his mom's credit card. That's not scary. That's just bloody annoying.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 03:43 AMPosted by UGotGanked
The losers who can't stand losing, and are unwilling to learn how to stop losing, instead make it so no one can win or lose anymore.... thanks, i hope your carebear mentality serves you well in real life - where no one ever tries to beat you at anything, where you never lose if you do not want to, where everything you want is handed to you, and where everything you ever do is 100% safe and 100% fair.

You're welcome :-)
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 03:47 AMPosted by Aeed
I do not like the idea of being jumped by some kid with a character gimped out by his mom's credit card. That's not scary. That's just bloody annoying.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
We've actually discussed adding a dueling NPC to each Act hub to help address the concern you've brought up (though that may not make it to the PTR).

What a crock of !@#$e...
Reply Quote

I dont scary to be killed by children. Its a game lol. But do masscare in noobs public game its fantastic fun!
Reply Quote
We're also increasing the base pickup radius by a small amount.

This is the one minor change I very much wanted to see, it's almost my favorite upcoming change. It's not a problem for me with the small amount of radius I have, but I definitely remember the hassle of dancing with gold piles at 0 radius and alts and leveling alts can be sort of annoying in that regard.
Reply Quote
I did not mention it in the blog but Nephalem Valor should carry over from Act to Act.

Consider my mind completely exploded. So happy about this.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 10:40 PMPosted by necropuddi
Can it be clarified if Brimstones will be used in the new crafting?

The items are rare quality, my guess was they originally intended on making the new crafted items legendary quality and not account bound, but they decided it would manipulate the current market too much.

I would highly suggest not investing in brimstones :)
Reply Quote
They should make a coliseum type area that is available on public games that allows for massive free for all 1v1 combat engaging, or perhaps a public game that features free roaming pvp.
Edited by Xcalibur#1814 on 1/13/2013 4:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
So rubies will still suck major balls?
Reply Quote
Edited by GaryBusey#1827 on 2/6/2013 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
can someone explain this to me again

1. blizz says team deathmatch is bad b/c no incentive in PvP, so they'll stick to duels

2. bliz put in duels with no incentive in PvP

whats the real reason for not doing team deathmatch ?

My thoughts exactly. How is this more rewarding then team PVP?

I am sure they are still figuring the way how to make money on PVP, so this is jsut tossing community a bone in the meantime.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]