Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Check it out: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/ :)

--------

Edit: More information from the developers is available [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348"]here[/url]!

Per Rezz Timer: It will now be a flat 5 seconds in Softcore. (The resurrection timer in Hardcore remains unchanged. :D)

I laughed pretty hard at that one.
Reply Quote
These are all "DUH" changes that many people pointed at MONTHS AND MONTHS ago. Sorry Blizzard, too little to late...
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Hogwash
as long as Blizzard allows multiboxing in D3, pvp of any kind will be a joke and uselss.

How the heck does mulitiboxing effect a duel?
Reply Quote
IDENTIFY ALL
Reply Quote
Moving freely between the acts is a must have feature. The player base is crying out for it and it does fit in with Blizz devs design of actually hunting monster packs and not boss running.
Variety extends longevity, most would agree that they are sick to death of being stuck in act 3. How about 20 mins act 3, quick clear then tp to act 2 for a bash then onwards to act 1 then back to act 3 and so on. Seems like a win win situation for casuals and hardcore grinders alike.
Reply Quote
item lock? more space in stash [ we now have more acct bound items! ] ? more monster density on act 1, 2, 4. ID All? Add sockets [ make them account bound if you want to add sockets - make it cost like 2-5mil to add a socket - you can only add one per item ]. You should give all the current Paragon L 100 players [ I am not one of them ] some cool achievement. I will be playing more now since actually making lvl 100 seams doable. No pvp awards at all?

the rest seams pretty cool. I look forward to it. I can't wait to craft the new pants to get rid of my horrible looking depth diggers! [ I can't even look in the mirror ]. love base radius pick up - thanks!
Edited by kanetu#1703 on 1/13/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
The game is M rated, but the forums are not.

Read the forum's CoC if you don't understand why.
Reply Quote
except monster density....I'm so sick of act 3.

Wyatt: Unfortunately increased monster density in Act 1 and 2 in Inferno difficulty did not make patch 1.0.7. It is absolutely something we would like to improve, and it is still on the list for the future. I spend most of personal play time in Act 3 as well: Keeps 1, Core, Tower, Bridge, Fields. It's a matter of degrees, it'll never all be balanced 100% equal in all zones everywhere you go - but they need to be comparable within a certain tolerance, and we're definitely outside that margin right now.

I think if you do believe this then you kind of don't get it. Well I'm no D3 developer but I feel the 3 acts have a different feel.

Act 1 - Less monster density, easiest act, and easy to do a quick elite farm without having to push through a horde of white monsters. And the waypoints make getting 5 NV here quick and simple. Little running between elite packs.
Act 2 - Large spaces, reasonable monster density. Tougher to get 5 NV cause the elites are more spaced apart. Lots of running between elite packs.
Act 3 - Large spaces but high monster density. The elites are pretty close together but there are hordes of normal monsters to plow through between each elite pack.
Act 4 - Tough to farm, cause of the limited numbers of elite packs here and there is a lot of bosses/purple monsters not giving NV. If you farm it, starting at diablo's door and work backward, you get reasonable monster density and the elites are pretty close making getting 5NV not too hard at all.

Sure you can change this to make all 4 acts the same. But I quite like how the 4 acts are different now. I think Act 3 should be the most dense when it comes to normal monsters. But acts, 1 and 2 could become a little lore dense I think. I think act 4 is about right in my opinion with white monsters. But the 2 gardens of hope do need 1-2 more elite packs, so then you can do a decent full act clear without having to race really fast for fear of losing your NV stack on a decent MP level.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:31 AMPosted by Romezu
Are you kidding me? PVE based PVP? No thank you... We asked for PVP, not PVE based PVP. There is already enough PVE. PVE is boring. We want PVP. If you want some PVE based !@#$ pvp then go play Strand of the Ancient in WoW.

PVE is not boring. You have just played too long, that is.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:34 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
Are you kidding me? PVE based PVP? No thank you... We asked for PVP, not PVE based PVP. There is already enough PVE. PVE is boring. We want PVP. If you want some PVE based !@#$ pvp then go play Strand of the Ancient in WoW.

PVE is not boring. You have just played too long, that is.

that's the problem though. pve is fun initially but get's repetitive. with pvp you have to deal with constantly changing scenarios. this is why players want real, balanced pvp.
Reply Quote
anyone!!!
do reduce/increase damge vs Elit's,will take effect against another Nephalem when dueling?
Reply Quote
anyone!!!
do reduce/increase damge vs Elit's,will take effect against another Nephalem when dueling?

I've read numerous posts to say it will, I've got a SOJ for just this reason.

Features that would be great if implemented in this patch.

1. Id all, even if it costs 50k to do this each time would be worth it.
2. Item Lock(I've fallen foul of this, it was not a pleasent feeling losing a 50m item)
3. Monster density higher, I want to see an army of skeletons coming at me.
Reply Quote
Sure you can change this to make all 4 acts the same. But I quite like how the 4 acts are different now. I think Act 3 should be the most dense when it comes to normal monsters.

Well yeah, they are different because It kinda goes along with the story. Act these is the most dense because it's a battlefield. Normal-Hell I agree, they should stay the same. But Inferno is supposed to be that kinda "endgame" were we have full access to our characters abilities. When you are playing the game over again beyond 60, the story has been told, and now it's all about the combat and farming. I rather the other acts get buffed a little bit in monster density enough where it allows us to farm different acts for a change of scenery, without felling cheated about not having the most efficient run to find loot and gold.

From Wyatt's statement, devs seem to agree with this and I support it.
Edited by Connatic#1376 on 1/13/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Will the PTR be up and running on or before tuesday? How long will it take for all the things that need to be tested fixed and then put into the game? If you all have been testing and working on it should that tell you what you need to know and we can just get right into the new content? The PTR should be kept up all the time and you all could just post what you would like people that enjoy going on the PTR to test and that way things keep moving forward. Some people like to test the PTR and they do care about the game and that everything is working properly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]