Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

The game is M rated, but the forums are not.

Read the forum's CoC if you don't understand why.

It's an M-rated game, meaning everyone posting on here should either be an adult or have the permission of an adult who should be filtering for his/her own child. Personally, I believe it is just polite to talk a certain way in public but beyond that trying to censor others in any public forum is ridiculous and even counter-productive in certain cases.

And, yes, even though Blizzard can claim this is their forum and their rules, it is still a public forum. If it is not a public forum, and actually a forum by invitation, then I'll go back to the original point which is this is a game rated M for Mature, so why should impressionable children be allowed on such forums (if they're considered Blizzard's private property) and the game has content only suitable for adults?

As far as what adults say, so long as no serious threats are being posted and nothing else illegal is allowed, where's the issue? Why should we be telling adults how to speak? Most nations involved in Blizzard's production of Diablo have freedom of speech do they not? Watch out folks, censorship is a slippery slope. Blizzard hasn't been *too* bad about doing it, please don't encourage them to get worse. That means defend anyone's right to rant or use foul language but avoid using foul language if you can.
Reply Quote
Posted by Lylirra

So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

We've actually discussed adding a dueling NPC to each Act hub to help address the concern you've brought up (though that may not make it to the PTR).

How about you just allow us to go between acts like we've always wanted to?

Amen.

This is just another example of just when you start to think Blizzard cares about the quality of their work and what we more serious players think, no, they do things half-way good instead of just doing it the right way. Just pray that the come out with the mentioned NPC in each act before PTR/new patch comes out. Like Lylirra said, though, I doubt it.
Reply Quote
Do we know when the patch will be up?
Reply Quote
Please forgive the triple-posting. I forgot to ask earlier. Snarkiness aside, I mean this seriously. Is anything being done to fix/improve Mirror Image? I've brought this up in the past. Mirror image does not work and if the claim is that it *is working as intended* then it's intended functionality is not good enough and it should be reworked. The images don't last long enough, they cannot cast every skill you cast neither independently nor as a mirror to what you're doing... Mirror image needs to be redone, updated, something.. If this has already been done please point me to the post regarding this, as far as I understand, Mirror Image is one of the least used skills in the game by a large margin, why is this? It's a wonderful idea in theory and I really appreciated Blizzard for including it, why was it not implemented better? Is this going to be done in 1.07 or 1.08, please?
Reply Quote
Didnt need an article about the notes being up you idiot...... lol wow some people.
Reply Quote
The game is M rated, but the forums are not.

Read the forum's CoC if you don't understand why.

It's an M-rated game, meaning everyone posting on here should either be an adult or have the permission of an adult who should be filtering for his/her own child. Personally, I believe it is just polite to talk a certain way in public but beyond that trying to censor others in any public forum is ridiculous and even counter-productive in certain cases.

And, yes, even though Blizzard can claim this is their forum and their rules, it is still a public forum. If it is not a public forum, and actually a forum by invitation, then I'll go back to the original point which is this is a game rated M for Mature, so why should impressionable children be allowed on such forums (if they're considered Blizzard's private property) and the game has content only suitable for adults?

As far as what adults say, so long as no serious threats are being posted and nothing else illegal is allowed, where's the issue? Why should we be telling adults how to speak? Most nations involved in Blizzard's production of Diablo have freedom of speech do they not? Watch out folks, censorship is a slippery slope. Blizzard hasn't been *too* bad about doing it, please don't encourage them to get worse. That means defend anyone's right to rant or use foul language but avoid using foul language if you can.

Why? You cannot control the urge to type profanities? got some brain disorder? no better way to express yourself?
Reply Quote
Of course the patch was delayed til the week path of exile goes open beta.... what a creative marketing team!!! (sarcasm!!!)

Glad the pvp is out 9 months too late, and has been scrapped down to a fragment of the promised content.

Im happy yet suprised you are still workin at this game, maybe if you ripoff the diablo 2 dev team some more you might have a good game in a few years....

*cough* ladder *cough*
Reply Quote
i really hope to see one with everything changed soon.monks in past were best because of that and they took that away from us at least buff it a little
Reply Quote

That wasn't his point you !@#$ing idiot.

And yet, you just proved his.

So
Reply Quote
[quote]

Either way though, like in Diablo 2, most people who play PvE will have PvE-oriented builds. This tilts the stacked odds even further in the aggressor's favour, since gankers will have their builds centered around killing other players. PvP can never be a skill-contest until all parties are - both mentally and game mechanics-wise - prepared for it. No matter what the scenario is (dueling, TvT, hunting, etc). And if it doesn't come down to being more skilled at playing the game, I don't see how all of you "hardcore, skilled players" can advocate it.

+10!

Perhaps Blizz should create a Seperate Arena for 2 like minded hardcores where the Winner is rewarded with a Loot randomly taken from the loser's gear.
Reply Quote
Open world PK would not be an issue if Blizz just instituted a D3 game lounge/list as a way of choosing which public games to join. As a part of that design, the creator of the game would indicate if open PVP was enabled. Don't want to deal with PKers in your open game, disable PVP. Easy.

As shown in other games where PVP is an option, some players actually like the danger/excitement/etc that open world PVP provides.

It seems that the Blizzard Dev team's idea of game design is to implement the least complex option every time.
Reply Quote
Can this be a good idea?

Right click on players name to challenge the player their choice to decline or accept.

If accept then the players enter a character selection screen similar to that of the profile for characters then select a character to duel with.

When done with that the challenger has the option to choose between several maps ( Boss maps with their mechanics still there. such as the burning floor on butchers map or random poison clouds in the larder where you face Ghom. if not they can both agree on a map or let the challenged choose or even a random map for suspense.

then when game starts a countdown from 3 - 1 in the specific maps bosses' voice then fire away.

see where it goes from there?
Reply Quote
Open world PK would not be an issue if Blizz just instituted a D3 game lounge/list as a way of choosing which public games to join. As a part of that design, the creator of the game would indicate if open PVP was enabled. Don't want to deal with PKers in your open game, disable PVP. Easy.

As shown in other games where PVP is an option, some players actually like the danger/excitement/etc that open world PVP provides.

It seems that the Blizzard Dev team's idea of game design is to implement the least complex option every time.

LOL!
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Romezu
Why add dueling NPC instead of rightclick player and they get pop up accept or decline duel similiar to WoW system?

That seems like a really obvious way to implement it. You could even have the option in the (Anti-) Social Menu?

You have been invited to a Duel with Ricsta.
[ ] Accept [ ] Decline
Reply Quote
DUELING should be the same as MP1-10You can have the OPTION TO enabled IT.Once enabled, you can choose to join dueling game or public games which allow you to HOSTILE other players.
Reply Quote
Does anyone besides me think they should lower the cost on making gems? 20mil+ to make a gem is nonsense for a plus 4 (assuming you are trying to make a radiant star)
Reply Quote
Molten, who thought it was a good idea to nerf this? There is nothing wrong with it now, just buff plagued and be done with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]