Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Community Manager
Oh, and because I've seen people asking: Hellfire Rings will salvage into Brimstones and some Tears in 1.0.7, same as other Legendary items (though I don't believe that change will be available in the first build of the PTR).

This wasn't mentioned in the preview, but is it a change we're planning for the next patch.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
Right now they're set to salvage into Rare crafting materials, just like other Rare items.

Sign of "no brimstone required to craft"?

I'm excited to see whether we're in for the beginning of the Great Brimstone Gilded Age or the continuation of Brimstone 1929: The Legendary Depression.
Edited by Mandlebarb#1598 on 1/14/2013 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Seriously? I guess it doesn't really matter but a 50% drop rate means they are going to be near worthless I think... (unless I'm missing something?)

Edit:

Also do the demonic essences only drop with 5 NV stacks, or do they drop independent of that? The lack of the statement about requiring 5 NV stacks in the preview (along with the subsequent inclusion of them for the recipes later on) suggests that they can drop even with 0 NV stacks.
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/14/2013 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lylirra, would you please comment on whether or not crafted items will receive new color lettering or not?
Personally, I feel it would be great to know which items I found and which were crafted, since there are so many items in the game. Purple would be a great choice!
Reply Quote
[/quote]I'm excited to see whether we're in for the beginning of the Great Brimstone Gilded Age or the continuation of Brimstone 1929: The Legendary Depression.[/quote]

This. x1000.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 04:00 PMPosted by BMatt
Lylirra, would you please comment on whether or not crafted items will receive new color lettering or not?

Currently you can tell which items were crafted when you view your character in the Forge (i.e. your Bnet profile). My guess is the coloring will remain the same rare yellow, but there will be a similar note to distinguish crafted versus found items.
Edited by Mandlebarb#1598 on 1/14/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Am I to understand correctly that you only need to find the recipe once for each slot and then only farm DEs, or is it like the Infernal Machine where you need a key (recipe) for each craft of the item?

Like if you want to craft the amulet, you would need to find the recipe each time and then it disappears, like the Infernal Machine?

If this is not so, why the 50% drop rate from bosses? It will annoy people after the first week or so when everyone has the recipes learned. Something is odd here.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
and of corse we can swap in brimstones for demonic essences ? or are we stuck with big piles of worthless brimestones because of crazy high drop rates persisting from 105 ?

Don't believe that's planned, but one of the new crafted items (the amulet) will require Brimstones as a reagent.

We know that this likely won't resolve the Brimstone surplus completely, and we may end up adding Brimstones as a reagent for some of the other recipes and/or changing the current cost for the amulet. It's something we've discussed, and we're open to your thoughts on the matter.

Even so, the new Rare items already have a fairly high reagent cost, and we don't want to make crafting them too prohibitive, as that will mean we won't see much movement of commodities out of the economy. When it comes to item sinks, it's usually better to have a larger number of players crafting items with a slightly less expensive reagent cost than it is to have a very small number of players crafting items with a much more exorbitant cost.

Speaking of, I feel it's important to note that the crafting costs of items being introduced in 1.0.7 are subject to change, so please keep that in mind before liquidating certain assets (or, conversely, stocking up on others).
Edited by Lylirra on 1/14/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh, and because I've seen people asking: Hellfire Rings will salvage into Brimstones and some Tears in 1.0.7, same as other Legendary items (though I don't believe that change will be available in the first build of the PTR).

This wasn't mentioned in the preview, but is it a change we're planning for the next patch.

Ah you can't be serious....

I just salvaged all 40 hellfires I made to date...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/14/2013 03:56 PMPosted by skp
Also do the demonic essences only drop with 5 NV stacks, or do they drop independent of that? The lack of the statement about requiring 5 NV stacks in the preview (along with the subsequent inclusion of them for the recipes later on) suggests that they can drop even with 0 NV stacks.

Under the current design which is shipping with the PTR, Nephalem Valor will not be required in order for Demonic Essences to drop.

01/14/2013 04:00 PMPosted by BMatt

No plans that I've seen to change the color.

Before I pass on the feedback, though, are you referring to the color of the item dropped on the ground? The color that it appears in your inventory? Both?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Lylirra I know you folks don't like to give time estimates in case something happens, but are the chances of PTR this week or even tomorrow pretty good?
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
and of corse we can swap in brimstones for demonic essences ? or are we stuck with big piles of worthless brimestones because of crazy high drop rates persisting from 105 ?

Don't believe that's planned, but one of the new crafted items (the amulet) will require Brimstones as a reagent.

We know that this likely won't resolve the Brimstone surplus completely, and we may end up adding Brimstones as a reagent for some of the other recipes and/or changing the current cost for the amulet. It's something we've discussed, and we're open to your thoughts on the matter.

Even so, the new Rare items already have a fairly high reagent cost, and we don't want to make crafting them too prohibitive, as that will mean we won't see much movement of commodities out of the economy. When it comes to item sinks, it's usually better to have a larger number of players crafting items with a slightly less expensive reagent cost than it is to have a very small number of players crafting items with a much more exorbitant cost.

Speaking of, I feel it's important to note that the crafting costs of items being introduced in 1.0.7 are subject to change, so please keep that in mind before liquidating certain assets (or, conversely, stocking up on others).

I'd much rather farm materials than exorbitant amounts of gold. Not everyone is a flipper and not everyone has found that one godly item that made them rich. just sayin, that goes for new gems as well.
Reply Quote
"Don't believe that's planned, but one of the new crafted items (the amulet) will require Brimstones as a reagent."

Way to go.... that's the most retarded thing ever.

It wasn't planned, but you decided to give all those crybaby_brimstone_hoarders another shot @ fortune.

Fook.
Reply Quote
Lylirra please answer do we need to find the recipe only once to craft the amulet or do we need to farm it every time we want to craft another amulet? Thank you!
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 04:36 PMPosted by SilverD
Lylirra please answer do we need to find the recipe only once to craft the amulet or do we need to farm it every time we want to craft another amulet? Thank you!
precedence with every single crafting = recipe is learnt once only
Reply Quote

I honestly don't mind any amount of reagent cost(As I can farm it). But is it also going to cost a large gold amount on top of reagents? And is it vendorable?
Reply Quote
Please make the brimstones worth something...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Way to go.... that's the most retarded thing ever.

It wasn't planned, but you decided to give all those crybaby_brimstone_hoarders another shot @ fortune.

I think you may have misread. Swapping Brimstones for Demonic Essences wasn't/isn't planned. We did/do plan on having at least one of the Rare crafted items require a Brimstone to make.
Edited by Lylirra on 1/14/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]