Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

01/14/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
Before I pass on the feedback, though, are you referring to the color of the item dropped on the ground? The color that it appears in your inventory? Both?

I don't see the point of changing the color of BoA items personally. I would like the DE to be a different color on the ground though. I have heard red mentioned a few times. It will liven the color scheme up a little bit.

Another questions, are the DE only dropping from elite type monsters? Or can they also be dropped by regular mobs?
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
and of corse we can swap in brimstones for demonic essences ? or are we stuck with big piles of worthless brimestones because of crazy high drop rates persisting from 105 ?

Don't believe that's planned, but one of the new crafted items (the amulet) will require Brimstones as a reagent.

Dear Lylirra, are you guys aware that blue posts have a huge influence on the economy of the game / do you guys follow the economy changes? This is what happened last time you posted that you guys are "exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones": prices increased 4-5 the amount within a day, lots of rich people in the game made profits of over 1 billion gold and everyone is still stockpiling them right now as we speak to earn more money when the patch hits.

The new crafted rares should be using new crafting materials and not old brimstones, so as not to benefit the speculators. The old legendary recipes can be upgrades at the same time to level 63, so brimstones are useful in some way.
Reply Quote
Lylirra please answer do we need to find the recipe only once to craft the amulet or do we need to farm it every time we want to craft another amulet? Thank you!
precedence with every single crafting = recipe is learnt once only

Then why a 50% drop rate from bosses and only after 5 NV stacks? And listing bosses that drop them? If you only need them once, that is completely irrelevant and the drops would annoy everyone after the first week. With that drop rate. Especially since you can just buy them.

Something is odd, I have a feeling you need the recipe each time you want to craft. Otherwise the drop rates and the requirements and the exclusion of end bosses don't make any sense.
Edited by SilverD#2963 on 1/14/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Don't believe that's planned, but one of the new crafted items (the amulet) will require Brimstones as a reagent."

Way to go.... that's the most retarded thing ever.

It wasn't planned, but you decided to give all those crybaby_brimstone_hoarders another shot @ fortune.

Fook.
S/He was saying swapping brimstones to demonic essences wasn't planned. Learn to read before you flip out.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'd much rather farm materials than exorbitant amounts of gold. Not everyone is a flipper and not everyone has found that one godly item that made them rich. just sayin, that goes for new gems as well.

Definitely agree!

Btw @Lylirra when did you change your profile portrait? and when can we change ours to something different?

Also any word on the improvements regarding continued improvements for player profiles on the forums? I.E. I remember there was a mention about having the ability to view other player's achievements and expanded info for player's artisans right on the website.

I know that it's the web design team working on it and not sure if how much contact you have with them regarding this info but any information is much appreciated.
Reply Quote
Way to go.... that's the most retarded thing ever.

It wasn't planned, but you decided to give all those crybaby_brimstone_hoarders another shot @ fortune.

I think you may have misread. Swapping Brimstones for Demonic Essences wasn't/isn't planned. We did/do plan on having at least one of the Rare crafted items require a Brimstone to make.
In this case, make it the chest that requires brimstones.

Amulets will be the most sought after crafting recipe, since there are very few good legendary amulets.

If you guys follow the scene, popular D3 websites like reddit, and streams, you should know that lots of people have literally bought 50k brimstones waiting to be sold for 5-10 times the original purchase price after the patch hits. Why reward those people who ruin the gaming experience for everyone else by artifically increasing the price?
Reply Quote
Just a question?! is there any future plan in terms of adding something to the story, like a new act. new monsters ? new maps ? new cities ? or the game ends here by killing diablo ? it would be great to have a release of a new act. just a suggestion as something like that would definitely brings back ppl in to the game. and the game will be living again.

In regards to the upcoming patch. can't judge without trying. its not fair from some ppl to judge without even experiencing the changes and the modifications of the new patch. but initially it looks interesting.
Reply Quote

Amulets will be the most sought after crafting recipe, since there are very few good legendary amulets.

If you guys follow the scene, popular D3 websites like reddit, and streams, you should know that lots of people have literally bought 50k brimstones waiting to be sold for 5-10 times the original purchase price after the patch hits. Why reward those people who ruin the gaming experience for everyone else by artifically increasing the price?

you people need to learn to read i might hate D3 but spewing untruthful baloney just makes you look stupid. "
What exactly is untruthful about my post?
Reply Quote
I know it is not relevant to the topic, buy I love your new avatar Lylirra :D
Reply Quote

I think you may have misread. Swapping Brimstones for Demonic Essences wasn't/isn't planned. We did/do plan on having at least one of the Rare crafted items require a Brimstone to make.

you people need to learn to read, i might hate D3 but spewing untruthful baloney just makes you look stupid. " THE NEW CRAFTING PLANS CREATE ACCOUNT BOUND ITEMS ONLY" AND THE PLANS ARE ACCOUNT BOUND ALSO....... DERP...
Reply Quote
godda love how people react to blue comment.
one word boom the price go up high
Reply Quote

you people need to learn to read, i might hate D3 but spewing untruthful baloney just makes you look stupid. " THE NEW CRAFTING PLANS CREATE ACCOUNT BOUND ITEMS ONLY" AND THE PLANS ARE ACCOUNT BOUND ALSO....... DERP...

Are you retarded? Whether the plans or new rares are account bound or not is completely irrelevant, we're talking about the crafting materials of the new rare pieces.

If crafting new rare pieces with the higher base stat requires brimstones, obviously brimstone prices will go up and it benefits the people who stockpiled them to resell for a huge profit.
Edited by MoralHazard#1879 on 1/14/2013 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm watching D3 streams from US and EU.

In US, guess what? 52-55k gold / brimstone and people are hoarding insanely.
In EU, people are asleep. Brimstone is @ 45k and slowly rising in price.

It's my right to burst in flames when I see devs use the old "coin" of item sinks and market price, as long as it favors the transactions and fee income.

---

Any way to loosen that 0.5/1% legendary drop chance in 1.0.7? Or buff up the crafting instead or releasing stupid BoA recipes?
Edited by Mæphistophel#2785 on 1/14/2013 5:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Are you retarded? Whether the plans or new rares are account bound or not is completely irrelevant, we're talking about the crafting materials of the new rare pieces.

If crafting new rare pieces with the higher base stat requires brimstones, obviously brimstone prices will go up and it benefits the people who stockpiled them to resell for a huge profit.
They took a risk, shouldn't they be rewarded? They could've lost a whole lot of gold. Sounds to me like you're just mad you didn't buy any brimstones. #scaredmoneydontmakenomoney.
Reply Quote

They took a risk, shouldn't they be rewarded? They could've lost a whole lot of gold. Sounds to me like you're just mad you didn't buy any brimstones. #scaredmoneydontmakenomoney.
They hardly took any risk.
Before the brimstones announcement, brimstones were at 10k each. After the brimstone announcement, people bought 50k brimstones and resold them immediately the next day for 45k each, making a huge profit already.

Those who weren't fast enough still bought brimstones whenever prices were low, e.g. 20-30k. There is almost no risk at all because of the announcement you knew price were going to go up.
Reply Quote
Dear Lylirra, are you guys aware that blue posts have a huge influence on the economy of the game / do you guys follow the economy changes? This is what happened last time you posted that you guys are "exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones": prices increased 4-5 the amount within a day, lots of rich people in the game made profits of over 1 billion gold and everyone is still stockpiling them right now as we speak to earn more money when the patch hits.

The new crafted rares should be using new crafting materials and not old brimstones, so as not to benefit the speculators. The old legendary recipes can be upgrades at the same time to level 63, so brimstones are useful in some way.

Of course they know, I bet the cm that post made a lot of profit from it ...
Reply Quote
please tell me you are going to fix the conversation requirement for covetus shen so we can get the last 3 achievements finished?
Reply Quote
Lylirra;

Can you comment on the UNID PTR issue?

In short people (read: scammers) are stocking up on UNIDs they will ship them to the PTR and then ID them. The good one's they will keep and the less desirable ones they will try to sell UNID back on the live server.

Proposed suggestions

1) UNID items are non-transferable to the PTR
2) UNID items are automatically IDed on the live realm when transfered to the PTR
3) UNID items roll different stats (probably not possible) on the PTR VS the Live realm

Any insight you can provide would serve to ease concerns
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]