Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

I like a lot of what I read and I look forward to playing the game with these new changes.
Reply Quote
Finally....being rewarded for higher MP's with XP.....looks like I am just going to hold off all leveling until the patch.
Reply Quote
so, to pvp u have to know ppl in game? Since u cant create rooms u gonna enter a random one and ask if anyone wanna duel? It should be possible to choose when u join a public game if it will be pvm or pvp (just like u do whit mp)
Reply Quote
/sigh

Do some of you guys just prowl the forum waiting for an opportunity to whine?

like you're doing?
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Mandlebarb
Very nice! You guys mentioned wanting to increase the value of Brimstones... can your confirm/deny whether the recipe for the new account-bound gear and/or level of gems will require brimstones to craft?

I want to know this as well. Something needs to be done with brims to make them actually useful.
Reply Quote
Well, as far as a "preview" goes, this looks great.

I cant wait to see what other changes they are adding that arent mentioned in the preview such as NV stacks persisting across acts as Lylirra has mentioned in the comments section on the 1.07 preview post.
Reply Quote
2 Issues:

1. a 50% chance to drop off the following bosses when you have five stacks of Nephalem Valor: Rakanoth

How are we actually supposed to get 5 stacks before killing rak? I had enough issues trying to get 5 stacks before going into the silver spire when going for the key warden. 5 stack rak is impossible with the lack of content before going in to fight him.

2. It will now be a flat 5 seconds in Softcore.

Why the 5 second death timer? That INCREASES it from the level it is now. I admit sometimes when farming in MF gear I die = 3 sec timer. I don't have chain deaths continuously, from which this change would only be a benefit when I die 4 times or more. Dying once makes this change a 66% increase in the death penalty.

When it was announced that the death timer would be removed I had taken it to be a timer of ZERO upon death so I can immediately get back at it. Not that the increasing timer count after significant deaths is removed...

DONT DO THIS!!
Reply Quote
I think i seen someone already ask, but can we expect to finally get to use some brimstone we have been stashing in the past couple months? It was said earlier you wanted to increase the use of them but i failed to see anything mentioned in those notes about them.
Reply Quote

2. It will now be a flat 5 seconds in Softcore.

Why the 5 second death timer? That INCREASES it from the level it is now. I admit sometimes when farming in MF gear I die = 3 sec timer. I don't have chain deaths continuously, from which this change would only be a benefit when I die 4 times or more. Dying once makes this change a 66% increase in the death penalty.

When it was announced that the death timer would be removed I had taken it to be a timer of ZERO upon death so I can immediately get back at it. Not that the increasing timer count after significant deaths is removed...

DONT DO THIS!!

they always announced the removal of the death penalty! now, if you die, you have a 5 second death timer, that won't increase after dying.
01/11/2013 08:32 PMPosted by iBeLSh
I think i seen someone already ask, but can we expect to finally get to use some brimstone we have been stashing in the past couple months? It was said earlier you wanted to increase the use of them but i failed to see anything mentioned in those notes about them.

they said there will be new recipes.

/sigh

Do some of you guys just prowl the forum waiting for an opportunity to whine?

exactly my thoughts.

have a nice day.

awesome patch notes.
great game.
nothing more to say.
Edited by Radi#2308 on 1/11/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you dev team and blue person!
Reply Quote
Patch looks amazing!

I'm curious to see the actual numbers for the XP change.

in 1.0.7 we're adding a new set of Rare crafting recipes that will create account-bound gloves, pants, wrists, a chest piece, and an amulet.

This right here!

In case anyone missed it. that is a HUGE improvement for those players who wish to not use the Auction House and use Self Found gear.

I'm actually going to play the PTR this time!
A Basic D3 Mechanics Compendium : http://drothvader.org/d3guide/mechanics/
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 1/11/2013 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow! I'm actually really impressed. Cant wait for it to go live! :D
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 08:16 PMPosted by TemptedNZ
Personally I think account bound items are a terrible idea.

I agree unless they add another page of stash.
Reply Quote
Patch looks amazing!

I'm curious to see the actual numbers for the XP change.

What do you mean by actual numbers? You mean the numbers after the added percentage? Just confused because they show what the % will be changed to so a bit confused by what you meant.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Nilrem
What do you mean by actual numbers? You mean the numbers after the added percentage? Just confused because they show what the % will be changed to so a bit confused by what you meant.

These numbers are still being worked on. We're going to monitor how things play out on PTR and make adjustments as necessary.

With that statement, it doesn't look like the numbers that are listed are final.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]