Diablo® III

"snapshotting" to be fixed

guys! if you read the comments section of the patch notes, lylirra confirms that monk Snapshotting is on the list for 1.0.7

thank you! i've had enough of watching people exploit!!! take that, cheaters!!!
Reply Quote
ask yourself this,

do you use blind flash before you use SW? after the 3 sec blind flash gets cooldown. your SW still get 30% dmg boost? thats right, you been using exploit since day 1. lol exploiter.
Reply Quote
actually, most of the time, i do yes. you're right.

i would MUCH prefer to use blind as a defensive, crowd control as it's meant to be though. much much much prefer it. this means we can try out some of the other runes on it too!
Reply Quote
Link to the post please?

And I personally feel that gear swapping is abusive of the SW mechanic, but using skills to boost it isn't as much of a problem. Gear swapping encourages macros to cheat the system, while using skills beforehand is just proper utilization of your skillbar.
Reply Quote
@SuperJJ: Ummm... no. The snapshot exploit is not the whole BF (and all other temporary damage buff)/SW thing -- I believe that is actually by design. The exploit, IMO, is the post SW spam gear swap.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 1/11/2013 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Link to the post please?

And I personally feel that gear swapping is abusive of the SW mechanic, but using skills to boost it isn't as much of a problem. Gear swapping encourages macros to cheat the system, while using skills beforehand is just proper utilization of your skillbar.

it's in the comments part of the patch notes. the page number keeps changing cuz they load the comments in reverse - newest at top. just look for the blue posts
Reply Quote
Link to the post please?

whats the difference if you snapshot blind flash or swap gears manually, its the same mechenic. however when macro came into play, it became an exploit because it use 3rd party software.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Nameless
@SuperJJ: Ummm... no. The snapshot exploit is not the whole BF (and all other temporary damage buff)/SW thing -- I believe that is actually by design. The exploit, IMO, is the post SW spam gear swap.
yes i know that, just trolling OP, =D.
Reply Quote
There is no confirmation. It was just said that 1.07 will include a change to snapshotting... that could be many different solutions.
Reply Quote
well i would think the change would involve it no longer being exploited...???
Reply Quote
obviously, thats why i geared up my barb. lol
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:31 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin

Really depends what the change of mechanic is. It might just remove SW when you swap gear.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:35 PMPosted by hampster

Really depends what the change of mechanic is. It might just remove SW when you swap gear.
how about everytime you refresh SW manually or hitting something to refresh it, it take a snapshot again. that is the best fix.
Reply Quote
guys! if you read the comments section of the patch notes, lylirra confirms that monk Snapshotting is on the list for 1.0.7

I'm a cheater?
I use an "exploit"?

Your words are confusing & I don't understand. SW % damage based off of your current DPS. So FiTL and BH and GL buff your current DPS. Then SW and viola. This requires you to adjust your play style to get the most out of SW. You can use FiTL all you want as a defensive skill, go for it. But how is using it to buff SW cheating?

I'm lost :(

EDIT: OH wait, unless you mean cheating is the macro gear swapping. Then yes, that is a bannable offense.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 1/11/2013 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
If they change the snapshot as far as buffs, I'll be replacing Faith in the Light with Blazing Wrath, which will be up 100% of the time. To keep Faith in the Light instead--I'm speaking purely in terms of DPS advantage here, not any defensive value it holds--you need some pretty stiff attack speeds:
  • 2.5 APS if you don't use Beacon of Ytar
  • 2.0 APS if you do use Beacon of Ytar

That's because a 2.5 APS produces a FitL buff of 0.75, which would be up 20% of the time without BoY; similarly, a 2.0 APS produces a FitL buff of 0.60, which would be up 25% of the time with BoY.

I've got an APS of about 1.92 in my usual gear, so it's nearly a wash for me. Just laying the numbers out there in case anyone is thinking about changing from FitL. Defensive value matters, of course, and it will become somewhat analogous to Ascension vs. Peaceful Repose: the EL value of blinding the opponents vs. the healing power of BW.

Anyway! Carry on :)
Reply Quote

I'm a cheater?
I use an "exploit"?

Your words are confusing & I don't understand. SW % damage based off of your current DPS. So FiTL and BH and GL buff your current DPS. Then SW and viola. This requires you to adjust your play style to get the most out of SW. You can use FiTL all you want as a defensive skill, go for it. But how is using it to buff SW cheating?

He's talking about people who load up one set of weapons to boost the DPS (and capture LS), which they then exchange for some very fast white weapons with crazy APSs. More or less.
Reply Quote

I'm a cheater?
I use an "exploit"?

He's talking about people who load up one set of weapons to boost the DPS (and capture LS), which they then exchange for some very fast white weapons with crazy APSs. More or less.
that does not mean its cheating if they swap manually. if you think that way, all the damn monks that ever use blinding flash + cyclone is cheater, lol
Edited by SuperJJ#1973 on 1/11/2013 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is the main thing. There is no in game Macros to switch gear. NO I don't think using Macros to switch Gear can really get you in trouble, get word (think). Its not a Third Party Program that's directed related to the game. Its a Windows Program that works with your mouse..

Back to the point. Since there is no in game macro, Blizzard obviously doesn't want us to use Macros. So using Macros at all is kind of exploiting, even if its not third party or w.e. I'm not going to deny that I use to use macros for MF Switching way back when.. I never did SW snap shot though. SW Snap Shooting just seems to much of an exploit.

It is always Tempting to be able to do Mp10 with ease. I'm sure that's why everyone's doing it.. I mean come on Mp10 xp gold MF. Killing things almost instantly. Who wouldn't want to take advantage of that? I don't judge people for using, its similar to MF switch not as bad (IMO). To each there own, everyone will have there own opinions. I'm happy its going to be gone though. It seemed way to ez to play the game with Snap Shooting Available.
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 1/11/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I found the quote:

@Leogluiz: It's currently on the list for 1.0.7. :)

This was in response to a comment about fixing the snapshot mechanic.

In other news, Lylirra also posted that NV stacks will persist across acts in 1.0.7.

@SuperJJ: I know the difference between using a skill to buff my DPS and getting LS from a weapon I'm no longer using. I've been playing games like this since Thorin sat down and started singing about gold, and I've done my share of class/skill balancing for PvP and PvE games. I know a design flaw when I see it. Manual swaps simply indicate that a player isn't violating the macro ban. We'll see what Blizzard does, but there's no conceivable pill I could swallow that would make me believe the snapshot is supposed to capture weapons and gear you're no longer using.
Reply Quote
yes, monks has became the best class to facerolling mp10 since 4 piece of inna bonus came out.

p.s. sometimes it gets annoying having to switch so many gears. check my barb, maybe i will main barb after the nerf. =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]