Diablo® III

"snapshotting" to be fixed

01/12/2013 07:07 AMPosted by SuperJJ
totally agree to this. however i m pretty sure 100% of the monk using cyclones will snapshot Blinding Flash even if they dont swap gears. so all the monk has been taking advantage of the SW mechanic since day one.

again, i dont. I know i may be a minority, but there are peeps who dont use FitL. Not saying most ppl dont, but probly refrain from using the word "all"

And nah blizz wont change that. They already expressed they cant just change a bonus few months ago before the changes to legendaries. Think it is how DH's legacy gears are hell expansive even now.

One thing tho, whenever blizz do change as mechanic on a skill they usually give some replacement to the nerfing. Ill suggest some proc rate on cyclones. :)
Reply Quote
@seansky

ok i can deal with 99% of the monks =D
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Nameless
@SuperJJ: Ummm... no. The snapshot exploit is not the whole BF (and all other temporary damage buff)/SW thing -- I believe that is actually by design. The exploit, IMO, is the post SW spam gear swap.

I kinda believe that SW buff by using your other current skills is actually a good thing (a good way of creating synergy between skills). I agree as well with Nameless that it can be actually be viewed as by design given the bonus on inna set (to maintain SW almost indefinitely). Again I think (as do some monks as well) the problem is with the gear swapping i.e. stacking CD and dex to snap shot SW then switching to usual gear (e.g. 4 pc inna etc etc). You are basically taking advantage of damage from CD and dex from gear you are not actually wearing already. Now that is the real problem (in my humble opinion as well). Not the 4 pc bonus, not the skill buffing.

2 solutions i can see for these are:

1. if they really intend skill buffing as a design for SW then remove SW whenever a gear is changed (to prevent gear swapping). OR
2. keep SW damage up to date (e..g no snapshot whatsoever).

Personally i prefer option 2 ^_^
Reply Quote
it would only make sense to snapshot SW everytime it refresh.

p.s. that would mean to get a monk as good as a barb, you need to spend 10x more golds. lol
Reply Quote
well they can do option 2, and buff SW (and other skills) up to meet barb's standards. :)
Reply Quote
SW mechanics are not an exploit, it's double-tripple gear swapping + macro that is.

Easiest solution, drop SW after each gearswap. The only players that will be disappointed by this are gear swappers. It wouldn't affect any other players
Reply Quote
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/eniOB.png

from http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/16fys8/snapshot_monks_are_being_patched/

No complaints here.
Reply Quote
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/eniOB.png

from http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/16fys8/snapshot_monks_are_being_patched/

No complaints here.
wait who is the !@#$ty 50mill build monk his refering to? lol i want to see a 50mill monk doing carrying in mp10 uber.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/12/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Fitz
Without buffing SW, monks cannot even come close to comparing to barbs in terms of dps.

Not sure if you're just comparing to barb because of melee or not. And not to derail either, but I think atm bear spamming WD are ahead of hota barbs in terms of edps.
Reply Quote
haters gonna hate
Personally, I'm more exited about new crafted items and new ruby gems with AS. Constantly spamming cyclones with 200+k DPS (don't forget about upcoming buff) and LoH+LS is more then enough to farm. High lvl monks actually don't give a thing about gear swapping or so ever. I feel really comfortable farming MP0 with my junk HF ring. Seems like none gonna farm Ubers and farm reagents for new crafted items.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:06 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
Without buffing SW, monks cannot even come close to comparing to barbs in terms of dps.

Not sure if you're just comparing to barb because of melee or not. And not to derail either, but I think atm bear spamming WD are ahead of hota barbs in terms of edps.

I think what is hurting us monks compared to barbs in terms of DPS is that barbs have the offensive passives that synergizes well with their skills. Hopefully LTKs and Cyclone strikes will hit as hard or nearly as hard as HOTA ^_^

btw, my secondary is a bear build WD and i do agree that bear spam deals tons of EDPS. but it can be quite a task to maximize its damage (as you really need good positioning to be able to hit multiple bears) compared to HOTA which is a simply click then boom skill ^_^
Reply Quote
the problem is that monks are gaining huge dps while using tanking gear. breaking this mechanic means you go back to only being either a turtle tank (read: death by being swarmed because your armor sucks) or being a glass cannon (read: death by reflect damage bad timing, or being swarmed).

while i dont like the triple exploit of snapshots, the original intent was there from the get go. every class purposely uses skills which provides the strongest string of coefficients. this is the only way to 'scale' with cc/cd when all skills applied are multiplicative. if they were really additive this wouldn't be such a crutch.

wd bears, grave, frogs, health bubbles? all massive coefficients thus the only real choices.

unless our original 100% bonus from dexterity and a lot of other damage suddenly comes back into the game, monks will be back to dead weight status. even MoC spamming with 3 real dps barely makes it worth having you in the game at high MP.
Reply Quote
guyz, have u forgotten that mp1-10 games now will be public so while monk is tanking, WD+ Wiz will support and barb will do dmg. Fair enough
Reply Quote
if they remove the FitL buff from SW they will nerf the whole class.
they better not. They cannot and will not buff our other skills to compensate for a ~50% dps loss of SW (edit: when casted with fitl). This whole class is based on SW alone (and this is also Blizz's mindset --> see Inna's set bonus)

only OK solution is removing the buff when switching gear.

anyway its reatrded you can switch gear during battles. Make it so you can swap gear only in town, done. No more idiots abusing anything related to gear swapping.
Edited by prod#2134 on 1/12/2013 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
the problem is that monks are gaining huge dps while using tanking gear. breaking this mechanic means you go back to only being either a turtle tank (read: death by being swarmed because your armor sucks) or being a glass cannon (read: death by reflect damage bad timing, or being swarmed).

while i dont like the triple exploit of snapshots, the original intent was there from the get go. every class purposely uses skills which provides the strongest string of coefficients. this is the only way to 'scale' with cc/cd when all skills applied are multiplicative. if they were really additive this wouldn't be such a crutch.

wd bears, grave, frogs, health bubbles? all massive coefficients thus the only real choices.

unless our original 100% bonus from dexterity and a lot of other damage suddenly comes back into the game, monks will be back to dead weight status. even MoC spamming with 3 real dps barely makes it worth having you in the game at high MP.

You're delusional and completely wrong. If all they do is remove the gear-swap mechanic(ie: cause sweeping wind to re-snapshot when gear is swapped), it's not going to harm any monks except those that abused it to farm in MP10. I don't gear swap, and half the time I don't even activate blinding flash before I hit sweeping wind, I can Solo ubers/key farm in MP7 just fine, without dying. NOt a glass cannon, and not a turtle build. This change isn't going to affect anyone except annoying bug exploiters.
Reply Quote
I don't personally gear swap but...

HOW THE FACK IS GEAR SWAPPING AN EXPLOIT??

all you clueless criebabies qqing because people figured out clever use of game mechanics need to stop your whining, you have poor diablo 3 knowledge. go google stuff
Reply Quote
As I see it, they will probably nerf the part where sweeping wind keeps up after you swap gear.

It achieves the desired effect without much change to the effects of the skill and how it is used by monks normally.

If they are changing it to something similar to the other classes ~ i.e. Sprint+RLTW ~ , 20% weapon damage is just too low.
Reply Quote
I don't personally gear swap but...

all you clueless criebabies qqing because people figured out clever use of game mechanics need to stop your whining, you have poor diablo 3 knowledge. go google stuff

Even if it is not an "exploit" by pure definition, I would venture to say it is still something that goes against the spirit of the game.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Technoviking

Go look what this 'no exploit in your opinion' does on MP10:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDk3MzUzODYw.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]