Diablo® III

"snapshotting" to be fixed

HOW THE FACK IS GEAR SWAPPING AN EXPLOIT??

Go look what this 'no exploit in your opinion' does on MP10:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDk3MzUzODYw.html
its not exploit unless the monk use macro. its just bad design on the SW skill where ppl make the most out of it ever since blizz made changes to the inna set. come to think of it, i think its blizz whom promoted this gear swaping by changing the inna set where they knew about the SW mechanic from day 1.

p.s. the monk in the video is around 4.5m eDPS, which can be done without macroing.
Edited by SuperJJ#1973 on 1/12/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:54 PMPosted by prod

that's skill mechanics. If you don't know how to boost it doesn't mean that's a bug or exploit
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 02:42 PMPosted by LoneHero
that's skill mechanics. If you don't know how to boost it doesn't mean that's a bug or exploit

he's doing gearswap, if you see video you can see his gear DPS is 25k... nothing do do with the 'working as intended' ... blizz never intended people to abuse a skill by swapping gear, and yes its done with macro most likely.
Reply Quote
they combatted MF swapping by introducing paragon lvls that slowly raise your MF/GF. I say they should let SW stack up tp 100, increasing the DMG with each stack. If any gear is swapped during SW all your stacks fall off. This would eliminate gear swapping and it fits nicely into the inna's 4-pc "SW maintenance" playstyle.
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 1/12/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 02:35 PMPosted by SuperJJ

its not exploit unless the monk use macro. its just bad design on the SW skill where ppl make the most out of it ever since blizz made changes to the inna set. come to think of it, i think its blizz whom promoted this gear swaping by changing the inna set where they knew about the SW mechanic from day 1.

p.s. the monk in the video is around 4.5m eDPS, which can be done without macroing.

It's still overpowered without using macros.

Whether you apply the "exploit" or "mechanics" label doesn't matter - Blizzard's decided to fix it in 1.0.7.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 02:45 PMPosted by prod

he's doing gearswap, if you see video you can see his gear DPS is 25k... nothing do do with the 'working as intended' ... blizz never intended people to abuse a skill by swapping gear, and yes its done with macro most likely.

That how it works. Using ur logic, it should be forbidden to use BF and DR to buff ur skill cos it has effect during certain period of time. Using macros is against the agreement so ask Blizz to use ban hammer, that's it
Reply Quote

It's still overpowered without using macros.

Whether you apply the "exploit" or "mechanics" label doesn't matter - Blizzard's decided to fix it in 1.0.7.

Have u seen the fix? After patch 1.0.7 please talk
Reply Quote
@ Raticus79

oh yes there is a huge difference.
by fixing an exploit, means its our fault. thus haters point at monks.
by changing an mechanic, its blizz's fault.
=D

but it will get some change anyways.
Edited by SuperJJ#1973 on 1/12/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
If Blizzard considered it an exploit, they would have patched it with a hotfix, like they did with whatever Mantra in the opening weeks of D3 (Healing maybe?), like they did with the Wizard Archon trick, etc.

It is not an exploit, it was simply poor game design that players figured out how to take full advantage of.
Reply Quote
This should be a sticky.
Reply Quote
How could u find this out?Kinda like grief and hidden dmge.I dont know how to snapshott but its isnt something I would rely on.
Reply Quote
I thought u just Buff like (blinding flash) before siegewind the sweeping wind skill.
Reply Quote
In case people can't find the link, I clicked thru the last 4 pages of comments to find her post:

http://i.imgur.com/FSeGl.png
Reply Quote
Honestly, I have been casting blinding flash, then mantra of conviction, then sweeping winds, ever since the beginning. It makes sense that it would keep those bonuses. Anybody who played a lot of WoW used those sorts of techniques all the time. I thought it was just a nice synergistic way to build some power, I never thought of it as an exploit at all.
Reply Quote
Takes too much effort to do this in HC. Although i always wait for my friend to cast big bad voodoo and another monk to use ret mantra to get more out of it. But if they do something about it, then it less stressful for me because i often need to right click the buff when i get frenzy shrine, recast faith in the light and blazing wrath. anyways Cheers we getting buffed next patch.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Chinchilla
Honestly, I have been casting blinding flash, then mantra of conviction, then sweeping winds, ever since the beginning. It makes sense that it would keep those bonuses. Anybody who played a lot of WoW used those sorts of techniques all the time. I thought it was just a nice synergistic way to build some power, I never thought of it as an exploit at all.

FYI, you don't need Overawe up and running in 3-second-boost mode when you activate Sweeping Wind. In fact, you can activate MoC after-the-fact and still get the bonus.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:54 PMPosted by prod

yeah...except he's not snapshotting,he's just knows how to play
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:40 PMPosted by SuperJJ
how about everytime you refresh SW manually or hitting something to refresh it, it take a snapshot again. that is the best fix.

This would be wonderful! I hate when I start SW unbuffed by mistake and have to wait for it to time out before recasting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]