Diablo® III

Marquis... yes or no?

I realize that most players will summarily dismiss the marquis gem as too expensive and too clunky for their tastes. And I think that's the right call for most people.

Still, for the high end DH, it's one simple way to increase DPS, and might not even be that expensive compared to an item upgrade, so I'm wondering, are you planning on getting the marquis? And if so, just for weapon or for all sockets?

I'm still debating, myself. Unless things change, I'm going to say "no thanks" to the armor sockets, but I'm not sure about the weapon ones. I think absent the 5 million unsocket fee, I'd probably lean yes. I still plan on updating my weapon at some point since mine is still pretty mediocre (by high end standards at least), and spending 10 million to unsocket is annoying, especially if I find a better weapon within a week or two.

Still, depending on what the final price of flawless square emeralds shake out, it will likely end up being around 200-250M for a 7.5k dps increase for me (2 gems) which isn't too bad of a price to pay, I think?

I know a lot of DH with good gear either lurk or post on these forums, and I'd be interested in their take on the new gem.
Reply Quote
I will definitely be getting one for my weapon. I already have two spare Radiant Stars that have been left over since way back when when they were cheap. I'll be using those two combined with the one in my weapon for the Marquis. Upgrading the ones for the +4 dex bonus? I probably won't get to that any time soon.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 1/16/2013 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
well if you get gem now, it doesnt transfer to reg game server... so whats the point now?

just saying...;/
Reply Quote
edit...

Yes i do plan on getting two gems for Manti, the extra 20% damage will rock
I plan on getting one for my helm for extra life
and I may get them for chest and pants...not sure yet

the jury is still oy on these atm, no being about to use them in reg server is a bummer at this time.
Reply Quote
Hrm good point about the extra life too on helm. I didn't think about that one.
Reply Quote
Wep and life one for helm def.

The rest can wait, slowly but surely ill craft radiants and update the gems in pants and chest.
Reply Quote
2 for weapon after patch day. the rest will wait until I craft them myself

o/
Reply Quote
What's the stats for marquise emerald?
Reply Quote
weapon 110 CD vs 100 on current.

i don't know if it will be worth the extra 190M just for 20CD for manti users...

(25m per Radiant Star Emerald x6) + 2x (20m crafting) = 190m
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/16/2013 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
weapon and helm only for me lol no ty for paying 120m for +4 dex though >_>
Reply Quote
weapon 110 CD vs 100 on current.

i don't know if it will be worth the extra 190M just for 20CD for manti users...

(25m per Radiant Star Emerald x6) + 2x (20m crafting) = 190m

look at it this way; how much would it cost normally to go from 335k dps to 345k?

probably a 200m item :)
I have 4 spare gems in my stash so I'll only have to buy or make 1-2 more
o/
Reply Quote
I just picked up a marquis plan and crafted some on ptr. Although it was acct bound, it seems I can sell them on AH. Not sure if it will invalidate the gem when you buy an item with that on it. I'm trying to find out from gen forum but nobody has replied yet.

Btw, It costs 5m per gem to unsocket lol.
Reply Quote
I'll probably Make 2 green, 2 red, and 1 purple one.

Actually considering downgrading my armor gems to 54s or 50s though. having all 58s kinda feels like a waste at this point.
Reply Quote
I plan on upgrading to them. I mean, I'm looking at things that only give me 2k dps and they cost close to or over 1b. Upgrading them all pretty much equals an average upgrade at this point.
Edited by Vãgisil#1781 on 1/16/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Vãgisil
I plan on upgrading to them. I mean, I'm looking at things that only give me 2k dps and they cost close to or over 1b. Upgrading them all pretty much equals an average upgrade at this point.

Likewise. Prob the weapon and helm amethyst. Life is very crucial
Reply Quote
Myself? No, I'm not going to invest in the gem upgrades. At this point, and until higher-grade gems drop, there is no incentive for me to waste so much time and gold.
Edited by Whiteraven#1955 on 1/17/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Calamity! Only need one gem for my weapon lol.
Reply Quote
problem I'm seeing with the ruby for weapon .... for most of us it will not add DPS.

It may add more constant damage which helps sentries and whatnot but for me I'd lose 5k dps going with the new ruby in my calamity.

Can't see how I want to go that route for a that pricetag. Pay a lot for nothing. With most of the medium/upper players critting so much I think I'm just as good with the emerald in my weapon over the ruby. Unless I really wanted to go with sentries as a main skill to increase its base damage.
Reply Quote
There is a report on the PTR that once you socket an item with a marquis gem, that item becomes account bound even if you later unsocket it.

Hope that turns out to be a bug...
Reply Quote
There is a report on the PTR that once you socket an item with a marquis gem, that item becomes account bound even if you later unsocket it.

Hope that turns out to be a bug...

Obviously a bug. I tried selling a chest with marquis and says it cant be sold but then my weapon with marquis gem, I can post on AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]