Diablo® III

channeled spells question.

View profile
For example, unruned disintegrate hits for 170% weapon damage. Is it 170% per tick, per 18 AP spent, per second, some other hidden mechanic? I understand that faster attack speed will drain my AP faster but that's not an issue. I plan to reload my bubble quickly with prodigy and APoC.

I'm on a mission to make explosive bolts viable for clearing trash but AO is just not getting the job done vs elites unless. Will entropy (196%) out DPS AO/TTS (200%)?
Reply Quote
View profile
Lets say I have 100k dps and 2.5 attacks per second. That means an average hit with my wand would be 40k damage.

An average AO on the ptr would hit for 80k damage because it is a 200% weapon damage skill.
So, in 2 seconds, I will have spent 100AP, attacked 5 times, and dealt 400k damage.

An average entropy "attack" will hit for 78400 damage.
So, in 2 seconds, I will have spent 90AP, "attacked" 5 times, and dealt 392k damage. Is that how it works?

I can find info on how attack speed affects your AP spent but not how often you deal a full attack's worth of damage. It seems as though it should hit a lot harder with fast attack speed because you drain your resource so fast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]