Diablo® III

weapon throw barb

44 Undead Warlock
could a good weapon throw barb just post in here so i can see how to gear up my character and wat gear i need to be looking for thx
Reply Quote
This is the goal. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/hero/432203

For starting out get ik belt with -5 wt, echoing fury with socket and three hundreth spear with socket. These are the bread and butter of my throw barb.
Reply Quote
I make more of a budget one compare to det0x. Can be use as a reference guide if you want.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/18/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Horngyuh80
I make more of a budget one compare to det0x. Can be use as a reference guide if you want.

You should MH that EF and offhand a 300 spear. Your EF has more damage range than your current MH, and that WT damage bonus from 300 spear is just too good to pass up.
Reply Quote

You should MH that EF and offhand a 300 spear. Your EF has more damage range than your current MH, and that WT damage bonus from 300 spear is just too good to pass up.

I do have them in my stash. Anyway in PVP i don't use 300spear, i use echo with a shield.
I tried MH echo and OH 300spear, pretty ok. But suffer greatly in EHP. The alternating attacks makes procs of fear much lesser which was kinda of undesirable. I had a skull-4 and a soj-4 throw as well btw. Just to let OP knows. Those are essential -9 throw items.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/18/2013 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

I do have them in my stash. Anyway in PVP i don't use 300spear, i use echo with a shield.

This is what I would do too. However...

Although the gear I'm wearing isn't cheap, in PVP, a Stormshield with perfect block and crit would be far more beneficial. I just wonder if it's worth it any more. Throw Barbs have it tough compared to Rend Barbs.
Reply Quote
Don't forget the SOJ, if you even get a crappy one they are great against elites with weapon throw. Also there are other gear like Tyreal armor that is +15% against demons. My barb wears both. On paper my dps is only 192 unbuffed but guess what it really is in combat.
Reply Quote
44 Undead Warlock
ok thanks everyone
Reply Quote

This is what I would do too. However...

Although the gear I'm wearing isn't cheap, in PVP, a Stormshield with perfect block and crit would be far more beneficial. I just wonder if it's worth it any more. Throw Barbs have it tough compared to Rend Barbs.

I heard a REND crit with skorn kills anything. SS can't save us nor anything. But skorn barbs are much more vulnerable to incoming damage from all sources (other players). Pros and con always. If anyone intend to pvp with throw, don't forget your SS on your OH.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/18/2013 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]