Diablo® III

HotA question about DW

Rocking a Skorn for quite sometime but i want to switch up still using HotA build. But needing advice on switching from Skorn to a DW HotA. Any advice on what i should be trying to grab on weaps and specific type of weaps would be awesome also. I know that i wana try to go for Mace (EF maybe) but kind of in the dark what else to get.

Heres the link to my actual used barb. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Basstia-1339/hero/30414677

Lul need ta delete my female barb that i never use now
Edited by Basstia#1339 on 1/18/2013 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
For DW HOTA/Rend builds:

Mainhand should be a high damage range weapon (mace or axe) with a fast offhand, just like a WWDT setup. The reason is because HOTA smashes based on your weapon damage, and your attacks-per-second determines how fast you smash. With Rend, your IAS and attacks per second is completely irrelevant and only your weapon damage, CC, CD and STR effect Rend's damage. Therefore, your mainhand should focus on high damage range, OS for crit dmg emerald, CD and STR.
Edited by sfxer#1565 on 1/18/2013 7:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks alot ill deff be cruisin' the AH for some 1handed weaps 2nite.
Reply Quote
For DW HOTA/Rend builds:

Mainhand should be a high damage range weapon (mace or axe) with a fast offhand, just like a WWDT setup. The reason is because HOTA smashes based on your weapon damage, and your attacks-per-second determines how fast you smash. With Rend, your IAS and attacks per second is completely irrelevant and only your weapon damage, CC, CD and STR effect Rend's damage. Therefore, your mainhand should focus on high damage range, OS for crit dmg emerald, CD and STR.

This can be supported by grabbing jewelry that has high damage modifiers; for Rend, this is almost a must have.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]