Diablo® III

One question for ur dev team

None of those have the quality that Diablo 3 has.

And certainly TL2 doesn't have the staying power. We shall see about PoE.

please dont' talk about quality that Diablo 3 has vs. the mentioned other titles. It really is the loser of the 3 apart from combat fluidity/smoothness.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/19/2013 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
hahahahahhaa , blizzard can come with millions reason and excuses for being so bad with d3 design ...... hahahaha so funny ......
properly next post they will say , piss take time , sh.t take time , drinking beer take time , sleeping while at work take time etc......
hahahahahahah
Reply Quote
Monsta I've had enough of your short sighted crap. Put you on insta-ignore after reading that trash of a post. Snake and I really tried, in our own way, of getting the point across and even then, the point hasn't crossed.

You come at me with the same bull despite the fact that you don't have the same capability yourself and have no knowledge about what it is you ask of people.
Reply Quote
Monsta I've had enough of your short sighted crap. Put you on insta-ignore after reading that trash of a post. Snake and I really tried, in our own way, of getting the point across and even then, the point hasn't crossed.

You come at me with the same bull despite the fact that you don't have the same capability yourself and have no knowledge about what it is you ask of people.

Get off your high horse. I'm not the one who's saying I can "fix" D3. You two guys are. Neither of you can even make a simple game, yet you want people to believe you can just go in and "fix" a successful game that cost tens of millions of dollars to make?

You guys are the video game version of an armchair quarterback.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
None of those have the quality that Diablo 3 has.

I almost fell out of my armchair laughing at that one. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Even if a code fix is easy, which very few are, a code fix requires a release. You know, those things that occur on Tuesdays when the game is unavailable for 8 hours. Executing a release for nothing more than a couple of "easy fixes" every couple of days would be stupid and expensive, even if it is just the PTR.

If you really think there's anything that's 'easy' about coding or patching a video game with the size and complexity of D3, you're an idiot.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Design takes time, Coding takes time, art takes time, QA takes time: you name it.

Vaeflare: We're not all children. Some of us have even gone to college. We know some if not all of this process. Furthermore, not every change requires that you rehash the entire design process. This is *not* how it works. Yes, one must make sure that a fix doesn't make something else worse occur in the code, but that's it. Aside from that extra step, many fixes should be simple.

Plus, there are many steps of development/design and testing both before and during beta that appear to have been lazily skimmed over. Is the code so complex that simple bugs couldn't have been found before or even during beta? Is the design process so complex that you couldn't have come out with an equivalent or superior product to Diablo 2 after several years?

I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that I could do better (although I'm sure in few ways I could), but despite the fact that I'm not a coder/programmer even I know some of the fixes are easier than you make them sound. I'm sure real programmers in the community know even better. If we're making unrealistic unfair requests, or pointlessly hateful posts, please don't take them too seriously or get too stressed about it. However, if we're issuing constructive criticisms, helpful ideas and valid complaints, please don't make lame excuses while talking down to us as if we don't know anything.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't want to tell the truth but i m very angry with CM reply

How long to make the changes depended on HOW MANY resource blizzard deploy. Everything can be one day if blizzard deploy enough resource.
Reply Quote
Dont like the game? Dont play it.
Like the game? play it.

Very simple.

What a stupid statement saying other games are better than d3, why not go and play that game instead of d3!

Stop posting bla bla bla yada yada yada on the forum.

This is the point
Reply Quote
Software development that I know is like this:
User Requirement --> Design Spec --> Programming --> QA Test --> Staging --> Production

And more often we always go from Programming/QA Test back to User Requirement/Design Spec because some inconsistency came up, or some new idea emerge. A small project that consist one person usually can flow smoothly, because he handles all steps from requirement to production. Now think of a team that consist more than 1 people, and all of them handles different steps. There will be a lot of communication going forward backward between steps that sometimes result "lost in translation", a lot of documentation need to be written down so there will be no "lost in translation" can happens, or a person that is faster in Programming waiting for slower person in Design Spec, etc. These things will happens even if you have 2 person team.

I believe a quality software product is that it meets user requirement and there are no bugs. And to achieve this kind of quality, rushing through door is not the answer, that is why dev team will always appear to very slow or you will say "lazy". Trust me, if they want to be lazy, they will not even bother to reply to your question or fix a bug that happens before with item duping.

Now you could say, hey I'm a customer that use my money to buy blizz software, then my voices are matter, they should hear me. But in the reality, the most valuable customer to them is the stakeholders, if they could not meet requirement of their stakeholders, they could lose their jobs, or worst their future jobs. Your voice would probably still matters to them, because that is what CM is for.

The last thing, I want to say "CM is a person, juts like you and me". They have feelings, sometimes they could reply with a childish response, just cut them a slack.
Reply Quote
diablo 3: 12yearspath of exile: 1year,ho wait its 12times less

PoE hsa been in Development ALOT longer than one year. That comment is so ignorant and trollish it hurts lol
Reply Quote
One statement I’ve seen over and over on these forums and elsewhere are proposals for “easy” fixes and overarching assumptions about how long implementation for a variety of changes “should” take.

The reality is, game development is a hugely iterative and time-consuming process, with many people involved along the way. Design takes time, Coding takes time, art takes time, QA takes time: you name it. There are also multiple steps in the pipeline for each and every proposed change and bug fix, no matter how minor, and what issues are being worked on in what order and by who can and do change as new matters arise. Sometimes extra testing is also needed for bugs that come back broken and need to be retested, because we didn't want them to go live with a bad fix.

While there may indeed be a list of known issues and bugs that run alongside some patches, for every one you are aware of, there can be dozens or hundreds being worked on behind-the-scenes that you likely never be aware of. We do things just as quickly as we can, but even then, it’s a process that takes time.

Blizzard has been known to be very very slow in their patch process. In WoW especially, and now in D3. When you compare to a company like Trion who puts out a major content patch every 3 to 5 weeks with a ton of top quality content that is nearly devoid of bugs (they run it all on a PTR beforehand too) and they put out hotfixes on issues that arise faster than any gaming company I've seen... Well, it leaves a lot of questions in the air as to why it takes a bigger company with more money and more experience so long to push patches and fixes out. They also got their expansion out very fast and it's even bigger than the original game.

I don't really understand what takes so long and a lot of people in this thread are trying to figure out the same thing. Bug fixes take way to long. It should be top priority to at least have what it is already in the game working as intended. I provided an example of a company that can do these things at a brisk pace without sacrificing quality, hoping that you guys may understand where we're coming from by questioning how long it takes you to get things done.

We want quality with patches and I 100% support "it's ready when it's ready", but we have seen first hand that quality can still come much faster than Blizzard currently provides it. That's where these expectations come from and why it gets questioned.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Kush
If you can do better with you game company, I implore you to do so, sell 16 mill copies and at the snap of a finger fix things like they never happened.

They would not have sold 16 million copies if the game wasn't called Diablo 3.

01/20/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Lhotse
seven years is simply not enough to deliver a finished product.

You cannot be serious?
Edited by Legend#1285 on 1/20/2013 5:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Vaeflare: We're not all children. Some of us have even gone to college. We know some if not all of this process. Furthermore, not every change requires that you rehash the entire design process. This is *not* how it works. Yes, one must make sure that a fix doesn't make something else worse occur in the code, but that's it. Aside from that extra step, many fixes should be simple.
"went" to college. It's "went". Nice education. ;)

01/20/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Philoi
I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that I could do better
yeah, that's pretty much what your post stated. It's similar to saying "I am not a racist, but... " then following up with a racist comment.
Reply Quote
I give up. Diablo 3 can be a !@#$ game as long as when the expansion comes out they bring back LADDER, CHARMS, RUNES and RUNEWORDS.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Your question was answered promptly.

It is true, game development, programming, approval and implementation take a lot.

If you can do better with you game company, I implore you to do so, sell 16 mill copies and at the snap of a finger fix things like they never happened.

WOW Kush you really didnt even read what the OP said and your comment on they have the sales it should be a snap .Man get a real life job were you have to please all kinds of ppl like we have in this game...you would of shot yourself in the head long ago with that attitude lol.
IT TAKES TIME and resources and patient ppl to work all these probs out as they say if ya dont like the boat get out and swim for it mate otherwise keep rowing like us all...=))
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
One statement I’ve seen over and over on these forums and elsewhere are proposals for “easy” fixes and overarching assumptions about how long implementation for a variety of changes “should” take.

The reality is, game development is a hugely iterative and time-consuming process, with many people involved along the way. Design takes time, Coding takes time, art takes time, QA takes time: you name it. There are also multiple steps in the pipeline for each and every proposed change and bug fix, no matter how minor, and what issues are being worked on in what order and by who can and do change as new matters arise. Sometimes extra testing is also needed for bugs that come back broken and need to be retested, because we didn't want them to go live with a bad fix.

While there may indeed be a list of known issues and bugs that run alongside some patches, for every one you are aware of, there can be dozens or hundreds being worked on behind-the-scenes that you likely never be aware of. We do things just as quickly as we can, but even then, it’s a process that takes time.

It only took 9 years to design and build the space shuttle. Your company has significant management problems from the looks of it.
Reply Quote
So what you guys say is that its perfectly legit to wait...lets say 2 more weeks for the next PTR phase to start (after fixes are implemented in a patch) and maybe after that wait 2 more weeks for the new update and maybe by summer we can have the live update. When it finally comes then 3 months of silence will come, new ninja details will come and then we will know in like 2 months a new PTR phase will start. So when you all say its hard work coding you ment it's normal to wait like 6 months for an update to be built. Don't really understand you're logic but I can 100% say dev team is not really working as they should. After 1.0.7 they will be like: dude..we did it, now time for a time out, all that coding bored me to hell, they can play 3 more months our update that will keep interest max 2 weeks". Take you're time Bli$$ard and NEVER ever say you make perfect games, that ship sailed long time ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]