Diablo® III

[3]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Considering "downgrading" my EF OH to one in the 800-1k dps range but with OS and 75+ CD. The extra CD will be even more important if i put a ruby in the MH in 1.0.7.

So maybe that's what i should do now before everyone realizes holy cow we want rubies in MH and need more CD.

Seems to be a lot of testing going on in PTR right now with rubies. I'm not sure I would make that many gear changes yet. There seems to be some back and forth going on whether all builds will benefit from the ruby or just S&B traditional barbs. I dont' think it's a bad idea to get an EF with CD though since you don't have lifesteal on it. I think the most effective EFs are the ones with CD and Socket if you are not going lifesteal.

Yup, EF with OS and CD is my end game. Only problem is it's expensive as hell. My point was that once there is a viable alternative to Emeralds the CD will have higher marginal benefits. So it should only get more expensive in the future :/
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Fury
Yup, EF with OS and CD is my end game. Only problem is it's expensive as hell.

Oh trust me...I know this pain well. LMAO...

Gearing barbs at your level isdefinitely not for the faint of heart. :D
Reply Quote
Thanks for the responses.

Its not magda herself thats the issue its the combination of the other uber boss at the same time. In essence I dont want to "trigger" magda's shield coming up (and becoming unfrozen) until she's the last boss standing (they both are frozen close together). Trying to WW/Sprint him and NOT her at the same time is kind of tricky.

As you say, possibly more nuanced playing it needed since the other 4 are ok.

Offhand, FWIW, is a 178% crit dmg 0.22 EF. Its ok but I think I'd be better with a faster one so currently being sold. No LS however so Im making do with 6% from bloodthirst and IK belt. I guess I feel very vulnerable in this area once stuff starts flying, which is why I wondered if going to a Litany with 6 or 7% reduction from elites plus more resists would help (very expensive with IAS tho to keep my breakpoints). Not sure if more DPS would be a better approach rather than defence (bigger mainhand? smaller mainhand + LS)

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Prisus
Also, if I were to change MH and OH without lifesteal, do you guys think I have enough DPS to survive from just IK belt (@2.8%-3.0%)? Or how much DPS on paper do I need?

Should aim for LS around 5-6% total based on mobility and play ability. The only way you can transition to lower LS is if you are pushing extremely high DPS. In your case I think if you lose any lifesteal you would definitely feel it. That being said, however, you have a ton of armor (not a bad thing) but could probably switch out Tough as nails for bloodthirst and save yourself a LS slot on a weapon.

The prices for weapons with decent dmg, open socket, crit, str and life steal are expensive. Been shopping around for the past week and couldn't find any within my budget that will improve the current weapons I'm on.

Anyways, will try to find one without life steal and try with bloodthrist passive on, that should push my dps up quite a bit. Hopefully the armor I lose won't affect my survivability. Thanks for the advice.
Reply Quote
I would love some feedback on mine. I tried replacing my OH with an EF but I was not leaching enough life to keep alive. Help?
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 03:52 PMPosted by bridog6969
I would love some feedback on mine. I tried replacing my OH with an EF but I was not leaching enough life to keep alive. Help?

If you use an EF without Lifesteal you must either get a mainhand with lifesteal or use the bloodthirst passive.

You have a very nice IK Glove! Anyways for upgrade wise I would probably look for an offhand sword/dagger with crit damage, str, socket, and lifesteal. A new mainhand would also work nicely with str + crit damage or with lifesteal too if you plan on using EF.
Reply Quote
Could you help with mine? I'm able to do MP4, and would really like to do MP8 and above. I have a budget of 200mil, what else should i change? I die pretty quickly in MP6 and above.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Genexis
Could you help with mine? I'm able to do MP4, and would really like to do MP8 and above. I have a budget of 200mil, what else should i change? I die pretty quickly in MP6 and above.

I would look for an Echoing Fury with socket, str, and lifesteal. If not then a new offhand with those stats. Preferably sword/dagger. Also try getting crit chance on ur lacunis. If you still can't survive switch Overpower: Killing Spree to Crushing Advance
Reply Quote
I wish that I had found this before my last spending spree to gear up my barb.
I have never seen a guide that is this complete on the EU forums and i was lucky enough to see it on reddit and follow it here.

I would like to thank Uberjager and Wayneold for taking the time to make it.

If possible i would like to get any advice on gear that i should change out. My goal is to be able to solo farm MP8+ ubers included at a decent speed.

My budget at the moment is kinda limited 150 million approx. but I can easily sell off some of the pieces to replace before buying the new ones.

Here is a link to my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wulf-2154/hero/3335098
Reply Quote
@Wulf

Your dps is sufficient for MP8+ ubers. The two areas that you need to work on are AR and getting 12 more MS. MS is extremely important, the faster you move the more tornados you will diss out. You could get MS Ice climbers (very expensive), IK boots with VIT or Inna's pants. I'd normally suggest high VIT (150+) Inna's, but that leads us to your second problematic area: AR. As it is you'd have a really hard time surviving Magda's butterflies in MP10 (if she doesn't just one shot you already). You could try to fit some AR on your gloves or bracers as i did but that's very expensive (mine cost ~300m apiece). Your CC is high enough that you could drop your Andy's helm for an entry level Mempo. The 70+ AR and 10-12% life will boost your survivability by a lot, plus you won't miss that extra fire damage you're taking trust me. Then save up for a 3-4.5 CC Mempo. Or, after running you breakpoints, you could opt for a AR IK helm (expensive).

Or you could get some AR on your jewelry. Ok I decided to be a nice guy and run your breakpoints. You are overshooting your MH 30 bpt by 7 IAS and your OH 36 bpt by 15 IAS ><
You can drop IAS from any piece of jewelry and not lose any dps.

In the meantime you could just switch to OK:KA to help with survivability.
Reply Quote
For reference, bpt calculator spreadsheet accessible here:

https://docs.google.com/a/janestreet.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjPQvt06HFyJdHJjY1JSVEo5dkI5QUttMzY1Q0pWR2c#gid=46
Reply Quote
Hey fellow barbs,

I've been trying to up my barb and get better gear. I only have about 10mil to work with ATM. i'm also looking for stuff that i can upgrade at a later date.

Any advice? Donations? would be much appreciated
Edited by RabbidDogg#1215 on 1/31/2013 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey fellow barbs,

I've been trying to up my barb and get better gear. I only have about 10mil to work with ATM. i'm also looking for stuff that i can upgrade at a later date.

Any advice? Donations? would be much appreciated

Movement speed is capped at 25% Having +MS on more than two pieces is a waste. You have +48% which is nuts.

When gearing a barb you should work inside out. By that I mean build EHP (Effective Health) first while gearing for functionality (i.e. crit for ww build). Once you have stacked EHP in the right places, then start moving towards gearing DPS.

In my opinion, weapons should be the LAST thing someone upgrades. 90% of what keeps players in lower MPs is not DPS...it's the EHP required to sustain hits from hard hitting mobs in MP6 and greater.

You have quite a bit of work to do and frankly you have invested in a lot of wrong things because you weren't really sure what you were looking for.

It scares me that almost 50% of your total vitality comes from your amulet! What would happen if you ever decided to change that out? What isn't sitting on your amulet is sitting on your weapon!!! I have never seen a barb that has had 0 vitality on their shoulders, chest, shoes, AND belt. All 4 pieces have NO vitality!

Frankly I would suggest a complete regear. READ this entire guide and understand the ww build. Also read Pho's guide: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248 because he really helps build low budget sets that can at least get you through MP5. At this point I don't think there is any one piece that will help your current build.

Edit: Please don't be offended or hurt by this post...it really wasn't the intention. My intention is to help educate you on your gear. It is important to know how your class works before gearing it.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/31/2013 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
So I'm looking for some Lacuni Prowlers (for the MS). I really want CC on them, but on a 2m budget that relegates the other stat to a resist (which i would try for physical resist or fire resist) would this be worth it???
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Prisus
Edit: Please don't be offended or hurt by this post...it really wasn't the intention. My intention is to help educate you on your gear. It is important to know how your class works before gearing it.

that's the whole reason i asked. I have other gear where i had 40k HP but have been slowly trying to switch it out to try and get my DPS up. I've never gone to the site you said. what i've been trying to do is look at what other barbs have and getting something similar or close to. At one point i had 500+ resist on everything but wasn't able to play higher MPs because the lack of DPS. I took about a 6 month break from D3 from when it first came out and am trying to get back into it so still trying to find that balance between HP and DPS.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:32 PMPosted by RabbidDogg
that's the whole reason i asked. I have other gear where i had 40k HP but have been slowly trying to switch it out to try and get my DPS up. I've never gone to the site you said. what i've been trying to do is look at what other barbs have and getting something similar or close to. At one point i had 500+ resist on everything but wasn't able to play higher MPs because the lack of DPS. I took about a 6 month break from D3 from when it first came out and am trying to get back into it so still trying to find that balance between HP and DPS.

One thing to remember is that your key pieces for health/armor/all resist come from your Shoulders, Chest, and some combination of Boots/Belt/Pants.

Your chest and shoulders should always be stacked with as much Strength, vit, and all resist as you can afford. The remainder of your ar,vit,and str should reside in boots/belt/pants.

Once again, I am sorry I came off so harsh...i didn't mean to be rude or insulting. Please read that link though. It will help you greatly understand how to gear so that you will never really have to ask losers like me again! LOL.

glhf! :D
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/31/2013 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Spacemagic
So I'm looking for some Lacuni Prowlers (for the MS). I really want CC on them, but on a 2m budget that relegates the other stat to a resist (which i would try for physical resist or fire resist) would this be worth it???

24 MS is the most efficient for ww barbs. So I think every base set should always try to strive for 24% MS.

That being said, doing this is going to be tricky for you because you have stacked a lot of EHP in your bracers making them hard to change out. However, my guess is that you are farming low level MPs right now anyway. It is important to note that if you switch to entry level lacuni's you will still be in lower MP for a while because of the hit to EHP.

Personally if I were you, I would wait on the lacuni's and upgrade that chest piece. Currently your bracers have better EHP contributers than your chest piece. After you find a reasonable chest piece with Vit, Str, Ar and some other useful attribute, THEN go for your entry-level lacuni's. If you can afford changing both at the same time that more power to you! If I could only change one it would be to upgrade that chest piece first. 12% is not efficient...but neither is dying a lot due to poor mitigation. :D
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/31/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, bracers were picked up on a drop and were a huge upgrade, so I couldn't just not wear them : ) I'm currently shifting my gear stats to where they should be (meatslots stacking AR STR VIT, getting my dps pieces focused) I know my chest needs replaced, so I will start there, what are thoughts on Tyrael's Might until I can afford a solid IK? This would give me the MS also.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Spacemagic
Yeah, bracers were picked up on a drop and were a huge upgrade, so I couldn't just not wear them : ) I'm currently shifting my gear stats to where they should be (meatslots stacking AR STR VIT, getting my dps pieces focused) I know my chest needs replaced, so I will start there, what are thoughts on Tyrael's Might until I can afford a solid IK? This would give me the MS also.

For a 2M budget I probably wouldn't look for tyraels might. You will lack a ton of vit. My female barb was composed out of 350k~ (Without lucky deals maybe 1m?) and can do mp1 pretty smoothly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]