Diablo® III

[3]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Noted. I will upgrade my chest later tonight to a something solid. I haven't sunk much gold into my barb yet, haven't been 60 for too long. I'm doing MP1 solidly and I'm in no big rush so I think I will more than likely just try to finish inferno difficulty and continue to save gold until I can purchase substantial slot upgrades. Also, just for future reference, how necessary is a cold SOJ when using EF in offhand??
Reply Quote
It's not necessary at all. However the cold damage slows enemies allowing them to stay in your tornado for more dps as well as the % bonus to elites is just too hard to pass up. It increases ur tDps by a ton.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 02:41 PMPosted by xxxkan
It's not necessary at all. However the cold damage slows enemies allowing them to stay in your tornado for more dps as well as the % bonus to elites is just too hard to pass up. It increases ur tDps by a ton.

This is kinda true. SoJ is BiS for ww barbs BUT your gear hast to support an SoJ first which is more important. EF in offhand procs fear a lot less then in the main hand. A low fear EF in offhand is even better...so he is right in saying that it really isn't "necessary" The purpose behind the SoJ is the tDPS vs elites (which is huge) and because like kan said...it just holds them still. Also most barbs use it when using a main hand "end game" billion gold EF that does crazy dps. The fear procs a lot more in main hand and is pretty much required. Most of us middle-classers will only get one of those if we find one. lol.

You shouldn't get an SoJ until much later in your build. To give you an idea, it was one of the last things i acquired on my barb.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/31/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think my barb is broken (wipes tears from eyes). I have a lot of difficulty keeping up my fury, and I often die with Molten, Frozen, Jailer type elites. And this is on mp3. I dont even want to think what would happen to me on a higher MP.

I know I need AR, but unfortunately, new gear with AR on it is well and truly out of my range atm (i'm broke again lol)

I have read your guide until my eyes began to bleed and my brain just can't handle the math.

I would really appreciate any help on these two problems because I am getting frustrated and am thinking of shelving my barb and playing another class.

I have added a mempo with AR and att speed and AR on my gloves. It has made the world of difference. Not as much trouble keeping up fury now as long as I have unforgiving on.
Edited by Septimus#6445 on 2/1/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just got back into the game and have been farming for about a week. Most of the gear I'm wearing now is stuff I've found or gotten very cheaply off the ah. I have around 100m saved up and think that its time to make a proper gear set. I am looking to be able to clear/farm mp5-7 without too much trouble and at least contribute in ubers runs. Anyone willing to give me a hand in putting something together? reply here or message me in game tixe34#1906
Edited by Tixe34#1906 on 2/2/2013 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi.

Anyone can give me some gear advice for my TD barb.

Mostly I am thinking what I should aim to improve as whole. Instead of buying piece by piece and screwing up and do it all over again.

so far MP1 farming Act 3 is quite comfortable.
Reply Quote
How does my barb look thus far? I know it's not great, but I found really good deals on most of the IK set. I found the IK chest in game and that got me into starting a barb...and I'm really enjoying it.

I havn't finished INFERNO with him yet, but I'm hoping to get to the point where I can farm MP5+ with him; effectively!
Reply Quote
Hi.

Mostly I am thinking what I should aim to improve as whole. Instead of buying piece by piece and screwing up and do it all over again.

Upgrade that MH gem to a 70-80 CD for starters.

High VIT Shoulders and Chest. you don't want to rely on weapons for VIT.

Lacuni or VIT Inna's pants for the 12 MS you are missing, it's really important.

After that check you breakpoints and gear thoward them.

How does my barb look thus far? I know it's not great, but I found really good deals on most of the IK set. I found the IK chest in game and that got me into starting a barb...and I'm really enjoying it.

I havn't finished INFERNO with him yet, but I'm hoping to get to the point where I can farm MP5+ with him; effectively!

Get high VIT rare shoulders, you VIT is really low.

Use a mace in MH, IK weapon is terrible in general. That should help you with your CC which is also low.

Also Lacuni or Inna's pants for another 12 MS
Reply Quote
I have added a mempo with AR and att speed and AR on my gloves. It has made the world of difference. Not as much trouble keeping up fury now as long as I have unforgiving on.

You should have no reason to not be able to generate fury. You are slightly heavy on attack speed and probably could switch out the host with one with crit damage/crit chance. You may also be able to experiment with a cold soj in that slot.

Remeber for wrath to sustain, you actually have to use the fury to generate it. So at full fury (which i'm guessing you are maintaining a lot with that IAS) you won't keep your wrath counter regenerating. Makes sure you spam your skills in elite packs.

02/02/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Tixe34
Anyone willing to give me a hand in putting something together?

It looks like you are moving in a pretty good direction in your barb gearing. You seem to be stacking EHP on the right pieces so that's great as well. You have 9/9/8/8 IAS and a .24 EF which is perfect for permawrath. 24MS base which is good. You seem to have hit all of the check list. Your sustain is even higher with the stacked LS. You might be at the point where you just need "better stuff" or upgrades of current gear. For example if you can get a perfect roll LS IK belt, you should be able to switch from using the BT passive to something more offensive. Most of your dps will come from stacking crit damage. So might you might consider upgrading those pieces.

One glaring mistake I see in your gearing efforts is the excessive stacking of primary stats on your weapons. This becomes dangerous when trying to transition into end game gear. It seems that you might be a barb that is "self found" meaning barely any use of the AH? That is commendable. Here is the best gearing advice you will ever receive: Build from the inside...out. Remeber the core of any barb is EHP (Effective Health) which gives you your ability to take hits. Makes sure your core EHP pieces are sound before moving to dps upgrades. What does this mean? Look for high str/vit/ar Shoulders, Chest, and Pants. These pieces will carry the bulk of your vit and resists. Also make sure the pants and chest are socketed. 3 in chest, 2 in pants. These are free places to get strength/vitality based on gems. Once you get your EHP to a reasonable place, then come back for some DPS advice. :)

02/04/2013 01:42 PMPosted by DNRCMO

Finish inferno...then we'll talk about gearing! ;) I'm kind of joking about that and kind of not. Honestly you have a hybrid build right now. Which is definitely fun when beating entry level inferno. HAVE FUN! Enjoy the different skills! Remember though at higher levels, to attain efficiency, you will most likely have to migrate to a more "widely accepted" build. There are a ton of posts on this form (specifically uber jager and phat pho) that give great advice on standard high-efficiency barb builds. Make sure you read the newly stickied topic that indicates barb resources created by Koala.

Good luck and see you in MP5! :D
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/4/2013 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Prisus.

I stopped playing about 4 months plus ago.

Only at paragon 13. So I'm just grinding paragon levels now while looking around for upgrades.

I do fine at alkaizer runs at mp1. So far so good.

Got like 100m to spend. The MH was borrowed from a friend.

The difficult part is to find what are good prices for the gear I will be looking at ATM.
Reply Quote
Thank you for your advice. Things have been much better since I started to spend fury in order to keep my Berserker going. I appreciate your time and help.
Reply Quote
Hi.

Upgrade that MH gem to a 70-80 CD for starters.

High VIT Shoulders and Chest. you don't want to rely on weapons for VIT.

Lacuni or VIT Inna's pants for the 12 MS you are missing, it's really important.

After that check you breakpoints and gear thoward them.

Hi.

Thanks for the response.

I like the chest because of the resists high armor and + life %

The more common replacement would be an IK armor.

Which is pretty pricey.

Perhaps you can give me a heads up on a price range for a Decent IK?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 01:42 PMPosted by DNRCMO

Finish inferno...then we'll talk about gearing! ;) I'm kind of joking about that and kind of not. Honestly you have a hybrid build right now. Which is definitely fun when beating entry level inferno. HAVE FUN! Enjoy the different skills! Remember though at higher levels, to attain efficiency, you will most likely have to migrate to a more "widely accepted" build. There are a ton of posts on this form (specifically uber jager and phat pho) that give great advice on standard high-efficiency barb builds. Make sure you read the newly stickied topic that indicates barb resources created by Koala.

Good luck and see you in MP5! :D

Thanks!!
Reply Quote

Get high VIT rare shoulders, you VIT is really low.

Use a mace in MH, IK weapon is terrible in general. That should help you with your CC which is also low.

Also Lacuni or Inna's pants for another 12 MS

Thanks for the tips!!! Greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
I'm looking at moving into some IAS gear, what is considered "good" breakpoints to shoot for, and how much IAS would i need to get?? I'm also looking into some Lacuni Prowlers for the rest of my MS. I'm solid in MP4 right now, but would not mind having to drop down to a lower one from the loss of My current bracers.
Reply Quote
Has anyone tested Marquise Ruby in MH? I did some quick math and my double nado dps would have theoretically increased by 3%, but i didn't want to pigeonhole myself into this build. So i just made two Emeralds
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Spacemagic
I'm looking at moving into some IAS gear, what is considered "good" breakpoints to shoot for, and how much IAS would i need to get?? I'm also looking into some Lacuni Prowlers for the rest of my MS. I'm solid in MP4 right now, but would not mind having to drop down to a lower one from the loss of My current bracers.

Depends on weapon selection. Imo, it is very difficult to hit breakpoints efficiently with a dagger offhand. I prefer an EF off hand because the aps bonus is so strong. The first "major" breakpoint for barbs is 2.5 aps in WoTB. This allows the permawrath build that lets you storm through dungeons at break-neck speed.

Typically with a 1.2 aps weapon (preferably high-damage range rare mace with cd/os) and an EF off hand with at least .24 aps, you can hit the 2.5 breakpoint with two slots of 8% IAS and 2 slots of 9% (8/8/9/9). I feel as if this is the easiest BP to hit from a gearing perspective. BPs higher (2.86) take extreme gearing and usually at the cost of tDPS vs Elites unless you have ridiculous gear.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 06:27 AMPosted by Fury
Has anyone tested Marquise Ruby in MH? I did some quick math and my double nado dps would have theoretically increased by 3%, but i didn't want to pigeonhole myself into this build. So i just made two Emeralds

A lot of analysis was done with this in PTR. I think the general consensus was that the rubies were stronger for S&B and more traditional barbs. WW still seem to benefit from the Emeralds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]