Diablo® III

[3]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

:S ahhaah, yeah i'm using D3rawr, thought there would be an easier way opposed to pressing calculate after fiddling with potential gear changes.

D3rawr needs a WW tier section where it shows your chars profile requirement to get to the next tier.

e.g. theres 22 tiers (in the WHIRLWIND TICK FREQUENCY CHART), currently slot into tier 14 (2.00001-2.22222 aps - 9 fpt - 6.67 tps - 133.33% dps - 20 ticks - 400% dmg), it would be cool if it spat out the requirements to get to the next tiers. e

Don't know if I'm understanding this properly :S

It has exactly that, you just need to click.
Reply Quote
Thanks for answering all my previous questions. The link you provided was very helpful for breakpoints.

One last quick question. I'm thinking on buying a SOJ to use but I don't want to spend too much on one (50-80m+?). If I planned on using an Echoing in my offhand would you suggest I get a lower elite dmg + cold or high elite dmg + other element? I know having an echoing in the OH doesn't proc that much so I just wanted your opinion.
Reply Quote
Thanks for answering all my previous questions. The link you provided was very helpful for breakpoints.

One last quick question. I'm thinking on buying a SOJ to use but I don't want to spend too much on one (50-80m+?). If I planned on using an Echoing in my offhand would you suggest I get a lower elite dmg + cold or high elite dmg + other element? I know having an echoing in the OH doesn't proc that much so I just wanted your opinion.

Get a WD/Monk SoJ.

They usually sell cheaper than barb ones.
Reply Quote
Ok so some more official 1.0.7 info was released tonight

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/#mp

I would not be upgrading anything for now. Blizzard announced new GG gems but didn't give all the details (Marquise Ruby may be better than Emerald in weapons?)
Reply Quote
I like using bloodthirst as a 3rd passive for when i right reflect mobs so I can still heal thru their damage buts its all about to change so when the patch hits I'll switch it for something else probably Brawler I guess.
Edited by Rune#1793 on 1/11/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok so some more official 1.0.7 info was released tonight

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/#mp

I would not be upgrading anything for now. Blizzard announced new GG gems but didn't give all the details (Marquise Ruby may be better than Emerald in weapons?)

Probably for WW people could possibly roll with a Ruby in MH now and a Emerald in OH.

Don't want to speculate so much about this. :P

01/11/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Rune
I like using bloodthirst as a 3rd passive for when i right reflect mobs so I can still heal thru their damage buts its all about to change so when the patch hits I'll switch it for something else probably Brawler I guess.

I don't have an issue with reflect or healthlink/reflect. I guess having 5.9% LS on weapons helps :P
Reply Quote
Firstly, thanks for these threads Uber. And, secondly, Wayneold, your're the king of technique...I wouldn't be surviving MP9/10 without your advice (even though it's a grind for me).

I'm looking to upgrade my gear and want to go with an EF OH so I can get some build flexibility. However, I'm struggling to minimise the gear I need to upgrade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, like what gear I should keep/change.

Also, I've not really gone for any MS and am not planning to for higher MP. I realise the faster you move the more damage you can do (plus there's a greater chance of popping a 5th Nado). Is it worth it? Should I change my approach and go for MS?
Reply Quote
Firstly, thanks for these threads Uber. And, secondly, Wayneold, your're the king of technique...I wouldn't be surviving MP9/10 without your advice (even though it's a grind for me).

I'm looking to upgrade my gear and want to go with an EF OH so I can get some build flexibility. However, I'm struggling to minimise the gear I need to upgrade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, like what gear I should keep/change.

Also, I've not really gone for any MS and am not planning to for higher MP. I realise the faster you move the more damage you can do (plus there's a greater chance of popping a 5th Nado). Is it worth it? Should I change my approach and go for MS?

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I am on my phone and can't look at your gear thuroughly, but I will when I have the opportunity....as far as your move speed question goes, it is very important to the build. It allows you to get through your runs much faster, produces more tornados and allows you to get to enemies quicker so you can maintain WoTB easier.
Reply Quote
Thanks Wayneold, appreciate it. Re: MS: Though after following your tips, esp nado placement and timing mob disengagement, I don't have much trouble keeping WoTB up on higher MP. Not very effective for farming of course, but I have some cheap Inna's and I found some decent Fire Walkers for farming at lower MP. I'm assuming I'd have to go Lacuni's and Inna's though and keep my Ice Climbers for an upgrade? Anyway, keen to hear your thoughts.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 05:40 AMPosted by abend
Thanks Wayneold, appreciate it. Re: MS: Though after following your tips, esp nado placement and timing mob disengagement, I don't have much trouble keeping WoTB up on higher MP. Not very effective for farming of course, but I have some cheap Inna's and I found some decent Fire Walkers for farming at lower MP. I'm assuming I'd have to go Lacuni's and Inna's though and keep my Ice Climbers for an upgrade? Anyway, keen to hear your thoughts.

Ok, so I have had a chance to look at your gear in more depth....the Ice Climbers, while nice, do not have movement speed, and if you are dead set on keeping them your best bet, like you said is Inna's and Lacuni's....there are also items like The Compass Rose and Tyreal's Might, but either of those items would be slight downgrades from your current pieces, even with a great roll on them.

Now, there are a couple factors to consider....you have loaded up a lot of your vitality, all resist, armor, and strength on your pants and your bracers, something that won't be easily replaced even with a good (and expensive) pair of Lacuni's and Inna's. If the high grade options of those items are in your price range, I say go for it....but if they are not (and I assume this is the case) I fear you should consider trading out your Ice Climbers.....before you get too upset, hear me out on this strategy:

1) Replace Ice Climbers with either your good pair of Fire Walkers like you said, or consider a mid-high pair of IK boots, you will gain the 3 piece bonus of melee reduction which is an undervalued stat, and you are guaranteed strength and vitality as well as move speed. A pair of rare boots with move speed can also be an option if you find them with the right price.

2) Trade out your Strongarm Bracers for Lacuni's with about 3% Crit chance and Vitality...this will allow you to keep some of your life and defense even while moving away from your Strongarm Bracers, and get to your 24% move speed, and also has another hidden benefit....attack speed.

3) With those 2 moves made you will be able to trade out that main hand weapon of yours (which is decent) for an axe with no attack speed on it, a higher damage range (600-1200) crit damage and a socket (maybe strength too if you have enough gold) and you will be able to stay in the same breakpoint.

In a sense, what I am advocating here is trading around the utility of your gear.....this process will have some Pros and Cons.

Cons:

-Lose 60 All Res from your Bracers
-Lose 20% life from Bracers and Ice Climbers (although you will gain Vit from Lacuni's and -IK/rare boots....I estimate you will still drop close to 8k life when it all works out)
-Lose about 500 armor from strength and +armor bonus between Ice Climbers and Strongarm

Pros:

-Stay at the same breakpoint with about +100-150 average damage (which is huge)
-Get 24% move speed for faster clears and more damage potential (also easier to dodge incoming attacks)
-Allow you to drop 6-7% IAS from other slots (depending on if you get 8-9% Lacuni's) and remain in the same breakpoint even with a slower axe....consider new IK gloves with all resist and vitality to make up for the loss of your Strongarm's and Ice Climber's.
-Possibly gain 4% melee reduction with IK boots

In the end it is a lot of re-gearing but I think this is a good plan to get you in the general direction of where you want to go. Hopefully that helped.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
That helped a tonne, lots to think about. Especially:

01/13/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Wayneold
I fear you should consider trading out your Ice Climbers

I have to admit being blind to most of these options on account of not considering this. Sometimes you just need someone else to tell you what you don't want to hear :) I'm thinking IK boots might be a good choice, but I'll rethink my budget and see what Inna's and Lacuni's I can get. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
Hi Uber, been away from my Barb for awhile and getting back to key farming (MP6/7), and I followed advice to stick to a classic WW build, but seems I'm getting toasted by numerous affixes (molten, descecrate, etc). I'd like advice on improving my gear hopefully without a major overhaul. With superstition situation improves but not enough for my liking. I also feel my skills at WW are not up to par, but that's practice on my part :-)

I'd appreciate your advice a lot!!
Reply Quote
Have people considered using cold Tal Rash ammy instead of SOJ? One rolled with high strength and CC isn't as expensive as I thought it'd be. I saw a couple on the AH for 300-500m yesterday, and that doesn't seem a crazy price considering it frees you up to use a rare ring instead of SOJ. At least one Barb is using it: you can check out FeRMi's setup here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FeRMi-1453/hero/36961

Obviously I am weary of paying a lot for an ammy after blizzard announces there will be a new craftable one. Who knows how godly that will be able to roll

@Wayne

I followed your advice from a week ago: traded my IAS IK gloves for ones with CD and upgraded Inna's for ones with 9 IAS to stay in the same breakpoint. Also upgraded my SOJ to a mid tear barb one. Paper dps stayed the same but my real damage output went up considerably. I was stuck on farming mp8 for a while and now farming mp10 :)
Reply Quote
Have people considered using cold Tal Rash ammy instead of SOJ? One rolled with high strength and CC isn't as expensive as I thought it'd be. I saw a couple on the AH for 300-500m yesterday, and that doesn't seem a crazy price considering it frees you up to use a rare ring instead of SOJ. At least one Barb is using it: you can check out FeRMi's setup here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FeRMi-1453/hero/36961

Obviously I am weary of paying a lot for an ammy after blizzard announces there will be a new craftable one. Who knows how godly that will be able to roll

@Wayne

I followed your advice from a week ago: traded my IAS IK gloves for ones with CD and upgraded Inna's for ones with 9 IAS to stay in the same breakpoint. Also upgraded my SOJ to a mid tear barb one. Paper dps stayed the same but my real damage output went up considerably. I was stuck on farming mp8 for a while and now farming mp10 :)

:P Lemme respond to you in the other thread aight?

Best to keep discussions on one thread. >.> having two of the same thread on first page is overkill.
Reply Quote
Has this thread finally gone out of WotB?

bump

Marquise ruby in MH seems to beat emerald

bump
Reply Quote
Can i get some tips on mu gear as well? Thx a lot
Reply Quote
Couple questions that I am unsure about concerning weapons and stats for my Barbarian. Now, I am not going to be upgrading anything in the near future as I am waiting to see all of the changes done on the PTR and the actual patch notes (and the hidden stuff that 'doesn't make it in'), but still curious about a few things for future reference.

1. I have a pretty good grasp of the whole attack speed and tornado breakpoints, but when looking for a main hand weapon should I consider weapons with IAS stats on them? I know it seems to cut into the potential damage range by lowering it, but if I did get a weapon with IAS on it (and sometimes it seems hard to avoid on the AH) would that have the benefit of making it easier to hit tornado breakpoints?

2. Does the added attacks stat on Echoing Fury apply to both itself and the main hand speed for tornado calculations? I haven't browsed the calculator yet, but I think I remember someone saying it does.
Reply Quote
Could I get some tips on my gear also as you have time.
Thanks in advance.

(i know pants.. they were looted and a lot better then what I had)
Edited by Setayn#1841 on 1/17/2013 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wayne and Uber you guys rock. A wealth of good info here, keep up the good work and know that it is appreciated.
Edited by Dep#1326 on 1/17/2013 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Uberjager, thanks again for the great guide. My friend and I used your barb as a reference when assembling the pieces for his, here is the result:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Haxxy-1786/hero/17118161

The rings are only temporary ones he borrowed from me, he did pick up a decent cold WW SOJ and he'll be looking for something similar to the better of the two rings for the other slot.

Anyhow, we both really like how you put together your barb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]