Diablo® III

[3]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Awesome threads ;)

I've reached the 2.5/26 breakpoints on both weaps (34 ias, 1 more than I need), and can currently do mp8 ok (I don't die, but too slow...mp6 seems to be my sweet spot). What are my next gear moves, and in what priority?

Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ziddy-1277/hero/2547228
Reply Quote
Marquise ruby in MH seems to beat emerald

I still need to run more math on this before I am 100% convinced, but I believe you.....also need to make sure Blizz doesn't change the values on us unexpectantly.

Here is simple math to compare :

cc = crit chance
cd = crit dmg with emerald gem
speed = weapon speed
dps = weapon dps

110 crit dmg from emerald gem =(1+cc*cd/10000)/(1+cd*(cd-110)/10000)
150/150 dmg from Ruby gem = 150*speed/dps

for example:
CC 50
CD 400 cc/cd ratio > 1:10
speed 1.4
dps 1200

110 cd = +22.45% dps
150 ruby = +17.50%dps

---------------

CC= 50
CD= 600 cc/cd ratio < 1:10
speed= 1.4
dps= 1200

110 emerald = +15.94%
150 ruby = +17.50%

----
CC= 50
CD= 500 cc/cd ratio = 1:10
speed= 1.4
dps= 1200

110 emerald = 18.64%
150 ruby = 17.50%

=========

overall, I think Ruby will give less dps for :
- DW (because Ruby do not share with both weapon)
- Slow weapon (eg, 2h, maxe or axe... need 1.4 or 1.5+ weapon)
- player have higher cc than cd (eg cc/cd higher than 1:10)
Edited by huanAK#6843 on 1/19/2013 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Tbh. I really want to test the Marquis Ruby on MH.

Unfortunately, nobody's willing to sell the recipe to me. :/ Not even for 500m on PTR (although 500m is worthless.)

@Nubtro.

If you do see what I've written. Any insight would be appreciated.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/19/2013 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
CC= 50
CD= 500 cc/cd ratio = 1:10
speed= 1.4
dps= 1200

110 emerald = 18.64%
150 ruby = 17.50%

Nado damage is based on you MH, so the actual dps your nados will be dissing out is 35% more O.o (i am assuming a DW setup). Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the +150-150 gem damage also gets multiplied my your weapon +% damage.

Starting to drool right now lol
Reply Quote
Ok, Ive done some purchasing based on advice and things are definitely better. Thanks!

I can move around mp7 and kill without dying although its a bit touch and go sometimes. The biggest problem is its SLOW. I'd love to speed it up.

My IAS boost is 31% (not including the +15% double 1h) using axe mainhand, ignoring EF addition. I think thats an unhappy place if Im reading the google doc breakpoints correctly.

In my list of actual affordable armor upgrades Ive got:
* IK 90+vit boots
* IK 160+vit chest
* I did the math with innas (with vit) and ice climbers and its $140m to gain another 8%/9% IAS + 10/11% life, +90 vit, -35 str, -4% mele reduction

Im really not sure what I should be looking for in a "affordable" weapon tho (say 200m):
* EF with socket? Low dmg?
* Sword main hand with same base avg damage?
* A better axe?
Reply Quote
Im really not sure what I should be looking for in a "affordable" weapon tho (say 200m):
* A better axe?

My MH cost 168m, OH 100m.

You seem light on CD and weapons is the best place to get it.

Leaving further comments to Uber/Wayne who actually know what they are talking about :D
Reply Quote
Ok, Ive done some purchasing based on advice and things are definitely better. Thanks!

I can move around mp7 and kill without dying although its a bit touch and go sometimes. The biggest problem is its SLOW. I'd love to speed it up.

My IAS boost is 31% (not including the +15% double 1h) using axe mainhand, ignoring EF addition. I think thats an unhappy place if Im reading the google doc breakpoints correctly.

In my list of actual affordable armor upgrades Ive got:
* IK 90+vit boots
* IK 160+vit chest
* I did the math with innas (with vit) and ice climbers and its $140m to gain another 8%/9% IAS + 10/11% life, +90 vit, -35 str, -4% mele reduction

* A better axe?

I ran your breakpoints because I am just that nice of a guy....and yeah, 31% is an unhappy place, when you hit 33% you will be into the 26/26 breakpoints with both weapons in WoTB, right now you are at 23/26 with WoTB (which is where I currently am at).

So, right now you have reached a crossroads, you either need to stock up on some more IAS, preferably by just upgrading your gloves to a 8% or more IAS and then start to stock up on crit damage and strength and get a mace in your main hand (it has a higher average damage, and you will keep the same breakpoint as the axe if you get 33% total IAS)

Or you can get rid of a couple pieces of IAS gear that you have (completely remove it from your gloves or ring in favor of high crit dmg alternative) and just concentrate on damage multipliers and know you are going to be married to using an axe from here on out.

Really, the choice is yours....there is no wrong answer.
Reply Quote
Uber using Inna's Favor now. That got me scratching my head a bit. Dex stacking for pvp? Armor is nice but you give up 9IAS and 50CD from WH for 8% holy damage and 1CC.

Very interesting
Reply Quote
Uber using Inna's Favor now. That got me scratching my head a bit. Dex stacking for pvp? Armor is nice but you give up 9IAS and 50CD from WH for 8% holy damage and 1CC.

Very interesting

REF:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709111138
Reply Quote
okay so im looking to dump a hefty sum of money on a MH. Obviously I know to look for CD, socket, str on an axe/mace. I obviously want to spend this amount of gold wisely, so is there anything else I should be looking for/at? I kinda messed around w/the idea of getting vit on this weapon in place of str, I think it may be cheaper that way, and I could spend the gold saved on top tier rubies (making up for that missed out on str)

I may wait till 1.0.7 hits as some people feel like there will be a black damage nerf, but my readings on this topic is that there is only a problem in the ptr with it being calculated. Still, may as well be safe then sorry.

Thanks in advance guys.
Reply Quote
I have 83 mil and no idea what to buy next, please assist
Reply Quote
okay so im looking to dump a hefty sum of money on a MH. Obviously I know to look for CD, socket, str on an axe/mace. I obviously want to spend this amount of gold wisely, so is there anything else I should be looking for/at? I kinda messed around w/the idea of getting vit on this weapon in place of str, I think it may be cheaper that way, and I could spend the gold saved on top tier rubies (making up for that missed out on str)

I may wait till 1.0.7 hits as some people feel like there will be a black damage nerf, but my readings on this topic is that there is only a problem in the ptr with it being calculated. Still, may as well be safe then sorry.

Thanks in advance guys.

Might want to wait after that Black damage speculation is over... or you can take a risk right now based on that info. Your call.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 04:16 AMPosted by Uberjager
Might want to wait after that Black damage speculation is over... or you can take a risk right now based on that info. Your call.

yeah I'm thinking waiting till 1.0.7 hits will be the best best, I should also have more gold that way!

But is there anything else I should be looking for in the MH slot other than what I listed?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:39 AMPosted by LordZeus

yeah I'm thinking waiting till 1.0.7 hits will be the best best, I should also have more gold that way!

But is there anything else I should be looking for in the MH slot other than what I listed?

For WW I always emphasize on getting LS.

It might not give you more dps, nor will it up your rankings on D3progress but it does give you the flexibility to run passives like brawler.
Reply Quote
Thanks, it seems like LS is cheaper than Str in most cases
Reply Quote
Posted by Uberjager

Hey Uber, do you know of any good posts on the subject? I read a few and they mostly contradict each other. Some saying only PTR is bugged, others saying the live server is also bugged. Them some others saying only jewelry +xx-xx damage is bugged.

All in all very confusing stuff, and most of it seems to be pure speculation. What I care about:

1) What are the mechanics of the purported bug? Has anyone figured that out?

2) If black weapons do get hit, how much can they get hit (5-10% max, or 10-25%? Big difference there)

3) Should I play it save and dump my weapons? Haven't seen you wear your usual 1H weapons. Did you sell them :D
Reply Quote
Posted by Uberjager

Hey Uber, do you know of any good posts on the subject? I read a few and they mostly contradict each other. Some saying only PTR is bugged, others saying the live server is also bugged. Them some others saying only jewelry +xx-xx damage is bugged.

All in all very confusing stuff, and most of it seems to be pure speculation. What I care about:

1) What are the mechanics of the purported bug? Has anyone figured that out?

2) If black weapons do get hit, how much can they get hit (5-10% max, or 10-25%? Big difference there)

3) Should I play it save and dump my weapons? Haven't seen you wear your usual 1H weapons. Did you sell them :D

Blues already posted.

Any black damage pre 1.07 will not be nerfed.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/22/2013 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blues already posted.

Could you link please? I am terrible at searching the forums and can't find it.

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
View profile

For WW I always emphasize on getting LS.

It might not give you more dps, nor will it up your rankings on D3progress but it does give you the flexibility to run passives like brawler.

I know this is your thread and you do great work here uber .. but I really think this is flawed thinking. I have gone back and forth on this - bought and rebought many offhands many times - and to me it's clear that at today's prices, LS on a weapon is a waste of resources.

LS weapons are really expensive and there is simply no third passive to give back all of the stats you give up by buying LS on a weapon. Brawler is pretty bad imo - it's just never up. And unless you are using a Weapon Throw build or something that requires a third passive, they are all pretty weak. Whereas with Bloodthirst + IK belt you can buy two badass weapons.

Anyway my 2c - keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
Blues already posted.

Could you link please? I am terrible at searching the forums and can't find it.

Thanks in advance

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593743038?page=15#294
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]