Diablo® III

[3]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Phew, thanks. Did some quick math and my MH would have lost between 14% and 14.8% average damage, depending on what base max damage (275-285) that arch axe would have rolled.

Phew
Reply Quote
Phew, thanks. Did some quick math and my MH would have lost between 14% and 14.8% average damage, depending on what base max damage (275-285) that arch axe would have rolled.

Phew

Bro. Blizz said they won't be nerfing black.

:3
Reply Quote
Hi Uber/Wayne and everyone.

Thank you for the guide, it's the most comprehensive WW/sprint barb character balancing guide by far. I got a couple questions if you don't minde.

I have never done uber bosses yet. Can my barb handle the task?

My barb is 187k dps buffed, 26/26 tps. What should be the next upgrade within a 30-50m budget? Thank you.
Reply Quote
You look pretty good overall. You could prolly solo MP5 maybe 6 Ubers. Your Vit is a on the lower side, I would suggest trying for an IK Chest or gloves with more vit. The gloves will give you ~ 10 total melee damage red with the set bonus.

If you can snipe a cold SoJ I would grab it, the cold damage gives your tornadoes more time to work and the bonus to Elites is really nice especially against treasure gobs.

You look like you are on the right track though, nothing jumps out.
Reply Quote
Hi Uber/Wayne and everyone.

Thank you for the guide, it's the most comprehensive WW/sprint barb character balancing guide by far. I got a couple questions if you don't minde.

I have never done uber bosses yet. Can my barb handle the task?

My barb is 187k dps buffed, 26/26 tps. What should be the next upgrade within a 30-50m budget? Thank you.

Check this guide to help you out with Uber bosses:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709580916

You can definently handle the task, you are better off in a group, and maybe at a lower MP level....6 or 7 should be a comfortable start with the right group/strategy.....then move up from there.

As far as an upgrade, Dep is right, some more Vit could help you out so you could re-gem yuour ammy with a ruby. IK belt is cheap to fit some Vit in on, and if you have enough to upgrade your chest to IK with decent vit, you would also benefit from the melee dmg reduction like Dep said.
Reply Quote
I think it's time for me to look for some upgrades. Should I wait till 1.07 first?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 02:31 PMPosted by xxxkan
I think it's time for me to look for some upgrades. Should I wait till 1.07 first?

Doesn't look like much will be changing except higher MP's can net more loot AND XP now....feel free to get some upgrades. I think I have already given you an evaluation on your gear, correct me if I am wrong.
Reply Quote
I guess so, but has there been any info on the new craftable items?

I believe you told me before to get high vit innas so I will be looking into that.
Reply Quote
Blacksmith
Four Rare recipes have been added to the Blacksmith: Archon Spaulders (Shoulders), Archon Gauntlets (Gloves), Archon Armor (Chest Armor), Razorspikes (Bracers)
Each crafted item will have the following characteristics:
iLevel 63
6 Affixes
Account-bound
Similar to the Hellfire Ring, it will have four variants, each guaranteeing a fixed core stat which will have the highest range available in the game
Crafting the item will require 1 Demonic Essence (other reagent costs will vary per recipe)
Jeweler
A new Rare recipe has been added to the Jeweler for an Amulet
This amulet will have the following characteristics:
iLevel 63
6 Affixes
Account-bound
Similar to the Hellfire Ring, it will have four variants, each guaranteeing a fixed core stat which will have the highest range available in the game
Crafting the item will require the 1 Demonic Essence as well as:
100,000g
1 Perfect Gem (varied depending on which core stat you select)
1 Fiery Brimstone
Reply Quote
thanks, was thinking about crafting some
Reply Quote
Hi there!

Thanks for your great guide.

On this:

High DPS MH + EF.

I would say this is the most ideal setup for a barb that you want to be able to play different skill builds. You could be a HoTA/WW hybrid or a throw/WW hybrid. You could play anything. The only cons of this setup is that it's going to be expensive. A high dps EF and a high dps weapon you can expect to cost about 300m per piece. One MH I find really cost effective to fill that slot that fulfills the ranking system I listed above is the Butcher's Sickle. Personally, I've seen a !@#$ton of sickles in the market relatively underpriced compared to their rare counterparts and mostly unsold. The EF fury procs are largely rare and manageable due in part that the only few things that would proc it are WW (though probably only on initial cast), fury generating attacks and Overpower, hence removing the need for a cold SoJ. In this setup, the dps is skewed to WW and other forms of damage dealing skills, however RLTW still deals about half of the dps for your setup so hitting breakpoints are still as important.

Is the main reason you vouch for this setup becasue of the fear proc reducing your effective dps (i.e. less time chasing baddies)?

Also for the EF offhand, does it have to have a high DPS too? I am guessing you mean the following ideal setup:
MH - high DPS, strength, lifesteal, base crit damage, socket
EF OH - high DPS, crit damage, socket, high attack speed (0.24 or 0.25 and maybe even IAS boost of 10%)?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Bankai
EF OH - high DPS, crit damage, socket, high attack speed (0.24 or 0.25 and maybe even IAS boost of 10%)?

EF has two random properties. It can't roll CD, socket and IAS :D
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Fury

EF has two random properties. It can't roll CD, socket and IAS :D

Opps...thanks for pointing that out!

That is probably a question as well, should EF if you use as offhand in your ideal situation be with IAS and socket, or CD and socket? I suggest IAS because the weapon speed is important for WW ticks, and the high DPS will help with HOTA?
Reply Quote
Whoa....Bonkai, you are all over the place, let's see if I can clarify this for you....

Is the main reason you vouch for this setup becasue of the fear proc reducing your effective dps (i.e. less time chasing baddies)?

Also for the EF offhand, does it have to have a high DPS too? I am guessing you mean the following ideal setup:
MH - high DPS, strength, lifesteal, base crit damage, socket

High DPS main hand with great stats + EF in offhand is the most ideal combo because it allows for the most damage potential with average damage coming from the main hand and attack speed coming from your offhand. Also, it reduces the fear proc, so yes....that is a huge benefit.

When EF is an offhand, it does NOT have to be high DPS, the higher the better for WW dmg, but if you have to make a choice between DPS and stats, go stats every time.

If you intend on using EF as an offhand the most damage potential comes from this combination:

Main hand = huge average damage, crit damage, life steal, strength, open socket
Off hand EF = strength, +.24 or .25 APS, crit damage, open socket

That combination offers the most damage potential for WW barbs, but it is also VERY EXPENSIVE. Because I am unable to afford something like this I decided to go life steal, open socket for my EF, and I am potentially missing out on up to 100% crit damage by not having life steal on my main hand with the ability to omit it from my EF off hand.

The whole IAS thing with HoTA and all that jazz for your offhand is WAY too underutilized to be a factor....if you want the absolute ideal end game setup go for the one I stated above.
Reply Quote
@Wayneold

Thanks for clarifying, yes i am confused and still trying to understand the mechanics behind it.

Yes that does indeed sound ridiculously expensive! So in your case that you mentioned, im not sure what you mean by:

"That combination offers the most damage potential for WW barbs, but it is also VERY EXPENSIVE. Because I am unable to afford something like this I decided to go life steal, open socket for my EF, and I am potentially missing out on up to 100% crit damage by not having life steal on my main hand with the ability to omit it from my EF off hand."

Looking at your current gear, I am guessing you mean that by having LS on your EF OH, then you can afford to get a cheaper MH with high DPS/STR/Crit Damage because otherwise you have to get a MH with high DPS/STR/Crit Damage AND LS which would make the price go through the roof, and EF with crit damage also goes through the roof?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Bankai
Looking at your current gear, I am guessing you mean that by having LS on your EF OH, then you can afford to get a cheaper MH with high DPS/STR/Crit Damage because otherwise you have to get a MH with high DPS/STR/Crit Damage AND LS which would make the price go through the roof, and EF with crit damage also goes through the roof?

Exactly....tacking life steal onto my current weapon would double it's price, and crit damage open socket EF's aren't cheap either.

If I had life steal on my main hand though, I wouldn;t have to have it on my off hand, and I could get a crit dmg + open socket EF for a potential increase of 100% crit damage that I am currently not utilizing.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Wayneold

Exactly....tacking life steal onto my current weapon would double it's price, and crit damage open socket EF's aren't cheap either.

If I had life steal on my main hand though, I wouldn;t have to have it on my off hand, and I could get a crit dmg + open socket EF for a potential increase of 100% crit damage that I am currently not utilizing.

Gotcha....thanks again man!
Reply Quote
Main hand = huge average damage, crit damage, life steal, strength, open socket
Off hand EF = strength, +.24 or .25 APS, crit damage, open socket

That combination offers the most damage potential for WW barbs, but it is also VERY EXPENSIVE. Because I am unable to afford something like this I decided to go life steal, open socket for my EF, and I am potentially missing out on up to 100% crit damage by not having life steal on my main hand with the ability to omit it from my EF off hand.

No kidding it is expensive. There is currently only one EF like that in the US AH: +.24/socket/91CD 1075dps. 1.5b bid/2b buyout. 30min left. someone is bidding 1.5b and i think they are getting it for cheap.

Who was the player that paid 45b or something ridiculous like that for a +.25 APS/socket/100 CD 1100dps EF?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Fury
Who was the player that paid 45b or something ridiculous like that for a +.25 APS/socket/100 CD 1100dps EF?

Some guy on the Euro server.....
Reply Quote
Nvm decided not to buy that LOL.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 1/23/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]