Diablo® III

[3]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Hello brothers,

I have a conundrum. I am looking to move into the next DPS zone. I know some armor pieces I want to upgrade (namely my helmet) but was wondering something.

Here are the options I am considering:

1) Echoing Fury (no ls, sock, cd) main hand w/ Sword (LS, CD, Sock) Off hand

or

2) Upgrade of current set up (stronger mace mh, EF LS CD) off hand.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to which would be better and why? I'm a bit torn right now but considering the investment required to get those weapons I want to make sure I don't eff up and get the wrong things.

EDIT: Either way I am pretty much leaning on keeping the BT passive.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Serejai
Swapped out some of my DPS oriented gear for some more Vita... seems to help at bit but I still can't clear MP2. I am constantly out of Fury so my WW dies and I get oneshot. I know I'm pretty low on AR but I can't find a good way to stack it without losing a LOT of damage in the process and I feel like my damage is already a bit low in MP2.

Might also consider using War Cry: Impunity rather than using Overpower: KS. Since your AR is low that 20% boost will help.

Also you should not be running out of fury especially with MW as main hand. Remember WW is not about just holding down the WW and running all the time. It's a balancing act between tornadoes with sprint and the ww. If you feel like you are starting to run low on Fury...let go ww and let the tornadoes catch up on fury.

Like I said with your current set up you should not be running out of fury.
Reply Quote
Hi, I have a sword with 1147 dps with 100 strength + some vit + socket.
should I replace it with my current off hand?
What kind of weapon setup should I go with?
Thanks
Reply Quote
Hi again guys,

I'm using an axe for both my MH and OH and I don't remember seeing any of the barb pros doing the same. Is there something wrong about using an axe on both hands?

Thanks

As long as you are still hitting your breakpoints you shouldn't be concerned about what type of weapon it is....but I will say that it looks as though you leaned heavily on a high DPS off hand and sacrificed on the stats. Off hand DPS does not contribute heavily to the overall damage output of the WW build and you would be better suited with a lower DPS off hand with crit dmg, socket, str. life steal, and lower DPS. Refer to 2G where Uberjager talks about weapon choices.

01/25/2013 11:47 AMPosted by SchiacciSan
Can someone please help me?I'm stuck at 107k dps and i have 417m to spend.What should i upgrade?

That's a lot of gold.....unfortunately your armory does not show the Character you are referring to with 107k DPS, so I can't help you until I can take a look.
Reply Quote
Hello brothers,

I have a conundrum. I am looking to move into the next DPS zone. I know some armor pieces I want to upgrade (namely my helmet) but was wondering something.

Here are the options I am considering:

1) Echoing Fury (no ls, sock, cd) main hand w/ Sword (LS, CD, Sock) Off hand

or

2) Upgrade of current set up (stronger mace mh, EF LS CD) off hand.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to which would be better and why? I'm a bit torn right now but considering the investment required to get those weapons I want to make sure I don't eff up and get the wrong things.

EDIT: Either way I am pretty much leaning on keeping the BT passive.

Go with option 2....you are shorting yourself on SoJ damage right now with an elemental main hand, plus you have a low damage range on your current one regardless of the elemental damage problem. Upgrading to a black damage weapon with a higher damage range and similar stats will make you see a significant difference with your damage.

Hi, I have a sword with 1147 dps with 100 strength + some vit + socket.
should I replace it with my current off hand?
What kind of weapon setup should I go with?
Thanks

Have you run your breakpoints?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjPQvt06HFyJdHJjY1JSVEo5dkI5QUttMzY1Q0pWR2c#gid=9

Or refer to the guide on how to run your breakpoints if you don't understand what these numbers mean.

Also, unless that new sword of yours has life steal, no, don't use it.....3% life steal just simply won't cut it for you.
Reply Quote
hi i am seeking some advice on what to upgrade with ym gear. i am currently looking for a new mh (mace 600-1200 dps range, str, cd, os) but other than that what should i be looking to upgrade?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Nived
hi i am seeking some advice on what to upgrade with ym gear. i am currently looking for a new mh (mace 600-1200 dps range, str, cd, os) but other than that what should i be looking to upgrade?

Your gear is in a decent spot for mid-grade, after you get a new weapon look to get high-tier items (but they will cost over 100 mill each).

And you biggest upgrade will come from upgrading your....build.....

Get rid of War Cry and put in Overpower....use Crushing advance if you need the defense real bad, but use Killing spree if you don't.
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

I sold my old weapons ( http://d3up.com/b/222771 ), could clear uberbosses at mp7. Now im looking for some advice my next weapons, was thinking high DPS mace MH with low DPS EF OH or low DPS dagger OH. I have no clue which is better in terms of effective DPS -__-
My Budget is around 180M, still got one ring (9%ias, 6CC, 4%life, 44allres) if needed für aps, one witching hour (195str, 98int, 77vit, 9%ias, 36%CHD), and innas pants (94dex, 73vit, 9%ias, 12%ms, 1%CC, 2sockets), don`t think i could equip the hour or innas because of the loss in defense -_- tell me if you think otherwise, I`ll propably find out by myself as soon as i get the new weapons (switching out these parts all the time ;) )
With my old weapons i had around 800k tDPS, I would really like to break 1000k tDPS, is this (or even more) possible with my budget?

btw. thx for the stone of jordan tip, things were going pretty smooth with this little thing equipped :D

EDIT: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RestInCheese-2377/hero/2681817 <- my Gear as it is now
Edited by RestInCheese#2377 on 1/26/2013 1:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hei Guys,

I have been upgrading my Barb slowly by reading through your guide. Great guide by the way ; )

Currently, I am able to do uber mp7 with some friends without deaths. I am looking for advice on what my next upgrade could be?

Also, if I were to change MH and OH without lifesteal, do you guys think I have enough DPS to survive from just IK belt (@2.8%-3.0%)? Or how much DPS on paper do I need?

Thanks in advance ; )
Reply Quote
From my experience it is better to have the 26/26 breakpoints with a beastly main hand mace. I, personally hit 26/23 breakpoints with WoTB and am more then satisfied with my damage.

Be patient, find one at the right price with the stats you want, and trust me, you will be satisfied with the high average damage. After that its all about pumping up that average damage with as many multipliers as you can get your hands on.

People with 30/30 breakpoints tend to focus more on lower MP farming, and while there is nothing wrong with that, I have experienced first hand that high MP farming will be just as, if not more efficient than low MP for XP in patch 1.07 as long as the current XP values are used.

Hi, waited for a week for the right MH (i hope its good...). Tried it for a day, I can prob farm a MP level higher (doing MP6 now).

Just tried mp10 ubers for the first time and was going well until I was stuck at ZK/SB for about 10 tries. Finally switched back to my previous EF MH and dagger OH for the 8.9% LS and swapped out WC for OP:CA and finally did it on the first try, lol.

Not too convinced about the new MH for now, will try mp10 ubers again with OP:CA.

Thanks anyway for the guidance, much appreciated!
Reply Quote
Considering "downgrading" my EF OH to one in the 800-1k dps range but with OS and 75+ CD. The extra CD will be even more important if i put a ruby in the MH in 1.0.7.

So maybe that's what i should do now before everyone realizes holy cow we want rubies in MH and need more CD.

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Killing Uber mp10 witch with WW/Sprint build?

I've been working with friend (wiz, near perma freeze build) killing ubers in mp10 and its been pretty ok going on all of them EXCEPT for the witch. She can be frozen ok but the problem is that any WW/Sprinting around her cause her to raise shields and then we're all unhappy as her flies one and two shot us. I can never then seem to get any fury back in any sustainable way to get any rhythm back. Lots of death.

I've seen a lot of HoTA kills and Ive been wonder about getting a skorn with LS and using a rend/hota build instead. Seems such a shame but at least HOTA can hit the king without hitting her.

Any tips for uber mp10 killing the witch? Perhaps Im just under-geared for her? (other bosses are ok tho). I can solo regular elites in mp8-10 as long as Im using OP:KA but I really need that additional protection with my current 6% LS and 530 AR.

Ive wondered about a litany with 6% IAS, but thats an expensive (80M) test...
Edited by jotter#1459 on 1/28/2013 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thinking about changing back to OP:KS
Reply Quote
Guys. Try to help each other out.

As time progress Wayneold and I will have very little time to do customized responses.

We apologise for this but yeah.

Guess real life catches up with everyone.

Guide will still be here and I will try to update as much as I can. But as to going through details in character we can no longer keep this up.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Killing Uber mp10 witch with WW/Sprint build?

I've been working with friend (wiz, near perma freeze build) killing ubers in mp10 and its been pretty ok going on all of them EXCEPT for the witch. She can be frozen ok but the problem is that any WW/Sprinting around her cause her to raise shields and then we're all unhappy as her flies one and two shot us. I can never then seem to get any fury back in any sustainable way to get any rhythm back. Lots of death.

I'm not sure what you mean. Magda's shield goes up when she's at 75%, 50% and 25% life. It has nothing to do with WW
Reply Quote
@UbJagz
WHY YOU NOT HELP ME NO MORE :D
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:54 PMPosted by zeo
Also, if I were to change MH and OH without lifesteal, do you guys think I have enough DPS to survive from just IK belt (@2.8%-3.0%)? Or how much DPS on paper do I need?

Should aim for LS around 5-6% total based on mobility and play ability. The only way you can transition to lower LS is if you are pushing extremely high DPS. In your case I think if you lose any lifesteal you would definitely feel it. That being said, however, you have a ton of armor (not a bad thing) but could probably switch out Tough as nails for bloodthirst and save yourself a LS slot on a weapon.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 03:46 PMPosted by RestInCheese
Now im looking for some advice my next weapons, was thinking high DPS mace MH with low DPS EF OH or low DPS dagger OH. I have no clue which is better in terms of effective DPS -__-

I definitely think a mace with huge damage range is where you want to be with your budget. The other option is running a EF main hand but the cost to find one with a good average damage range and low fear proc is ridiculous.

Personally i don't like the dagger off had because I feel like it doesn't give you true dps. The APS bonus from EF is to strong to not use in your offhand.

I'm not sure but it seems like you are doing an awful lot of dps with no sustain. How do you stay alive with reflect damage mobs with no LS? Something to consider would be to run Bloodthirst instead of brawler and maybe get one weapon with LS on it if you are sticking with witching hour. You will find yourself dying a lot otherwise.
Reply Quote
Considering "downgrading" my EF OH to one in the 800-1k dps range but with OS and 75+ CD. The extra CD will be even more important if i put a ruby in the MH in 1.0.7.

So maybe that's what i should do now before everyone realizes holy cow we want rubies in MH and need more CD.

Seems to be a lot of testing going on in PTR right now with rubies. I'm not sure I would make that many gear changes yet. There seems to be some back and forth going on whether all builds will benefit from the ruby or just S&B traditional barbs. I dont' think it's a bad idea to get an EF with CD though since you don't have lifesteal on it. I think the most effective EFs are the ones with CD and Socket if you are not going lifesteal.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 09:32 PMPosted by jotter

I think Fury hit it on the head. There are intervals when here shields come up regardless of whirlwind, agro, or any of that. Ideally if you are working with a permafreeze wizard the goal at the shield points would be for the wizard to kite while you WW the mobs. Once her mob dies, the shields come down instantly.

This is magda's design. Your sprint should get you out of there while tornadoes work on the mobs to regain fury and life.

I think you need to practice, however, it is impossible to tell as your offhand in your profile is not showing up. I'm guessing it's not a gear issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]