Diablo® III

[Extreme Game Issue] Please fix this Blizzard

Old new is still important news!!!
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Aphid
I DC in normal mode for seemingly no reason at all, and it happens frequently - at least every few runs. There is literally ZERO useful response from the technicians on this issue. One of them told me to delete Windows 7 and reinstall it, and I'm not even running Windows 7. My system and home network are state of the art, and I'm a 25-year veteran network admin, so I know it's something outside of this house. I wouldn't start Hardcore unless they had a guaranteed way of preventing this from happening.

Totally agree. I DC 2-3 times per week without fail. I do not lose internet connection at all. Don't get logged out of battle.net. I can resume my game immediately after hitting the lobby.

Wish there was some kind of explanation as to why this happens but can't get anything useful from Blizzard.
Reply Quote
And people are still asking me why dont i go HC...
Reply Quote
it will be too much for the server to handle if the servers focus on every single hardcore character in order to pause their games if it detects connection issues and in return will lag spike the whole america server i bet....

(Get a better connection or dont play hc) will be the reply i bet...

anyway

good luck..
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 1/8/2013 3:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
it will be too much for the server to handle if the servers focus on every single hardcore character in order to pause their games if it detects connection issues and in return will lag spike the whole america server i bet....

(Get a better connection or dont play hc) will be the reply i bet...

anyway

good luck..

No, that's not how servers work..

The servers already detect a disconnection if they have to initiate the 10 second countdown, so if the servers can detect that, then why not let my idea be put into place?
Edited by Showny#1494 on 1/8/2013 3:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
No, that's not how servers work..The servers already detect a disconnection if they have to initiate the 10 second countdown, so if the servers can detect that, then why not let my idea be put into place?

on the other hand if you are right... then i dont see why not doing something like your idea... i wouldnt mind i like it because i play hardcore my self.
Reply Quote
huge vouch

nn timeout, so wat if abuse
Reply Quote
Because of this I am not really playing HC, just a low character. Too often there are DCs and my SC Barb dies, can see it on my repaircosts.
Reply Quote
thats why there is no point in playing Hardcore <_<
Then there is no thrill in playing this game whatsoever... some would say (basically true so far)
so Yeah. I support this, but hey... I dont know much what to think.

Lost a 60 Hardcore Character aswell, but I'm happy I dont have to blame an outer source for it.
I basically decided to let it rest in pieces D:
Last achievement to be done there is killing the different champions and uniques which I dont need to have a 60 for. So Voilà, back to low level struggling Lmao!

good luck on this... doubt they'll do something about it. If they even cared about the community,
they would share some other feelings we have about the current state of the game.

add content and whatnot. . . And thats just not happening either.
GL
Reply Quote
+1, support.

B) is not a solution as Bottle mentionned. HC would become SC with a "total garbage economy" and immortal characters (even without real money auction).

There must be a way to adapt solution A). By reducing the cooldown in HC maybe ? 10 seconds is too much. There is plenty of way one could still easily die in 2 seconds

I've lost 2 characters with more than 100 hours of play because of a Diablo freeze and disconnection. It's very frustrating, you even can't see/know what really killed you.

I do not want to blame blizzard but things look like that they more or less do not care about the part of the players who plays the game as it is meant to be (challenge, balanced stuff, almost every piece of stuff worth something and of course no credit card).

Edit: There is some movement as they are removing the time on votekicking.
Reply Quote
up :)
Reply Quote
Bump, next patch is coming ;) !
Reply Quote
Yeah, I meant "we still have some time" to make something about it *optimistic*.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]