Diablo® III

blizzard blamed D2 boss run right?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Blamed boss run telling us that sux because was a 5~10m rush run.

Oh yeah? let me tell something: alkaiser run

Boss run give-me more options than alkaiser run, lol.

We are stuck in alkaiser run (or some little variations) doing that run over and over and over, reason? Simple:

No drop variations.

Any mob can drop any ite. Lets figure out, if we have a drop distribution, as butckers sinkle just dropping in butcher, leoric signet @Leoric, some itens just dropping from undead mobs or Demons or in a specific act we dont need to just farm alkaiser, we can aim an item and choice the better place to farm it.

Ps= Give us random maps again, pls
Edited by Miojo#1992 on 1/4/2013 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just dont get it, y cant we farm bosses like d2 and have normal runs? y cant we do both if we want? Blizz is starting to dictate how we r suppose to have fun.
Reply Quote
you dont need to farm alkaiser run if you just would hop off that bandwagon.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Çarltonbanks
getting decent items every 15-30min.

I don't think that Sigons, Hsarus, and Manald Heal are decent...
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 07:04 PMPosted by koez
you dont need to farm alkaiser run if you just would hop off that bandwagon.

You're right, our choices are select parts of act 3 or select parts of act 3.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 07:10 PMPosted by ellisD
shako

You don't find Harlequins Crest every 15-30 mins...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Ziggro
I just dont get it, y cant we farm bosses like d2 and have normal runs? y cant we do both if we want? Blizz is starting to dictate how we r suppose to have fun.

Doing boss runs was soooooooo tedious. It was sooooooo boring seeing every single act while clearing 6 different bosses (Andy, Countess, Mephy, Diablo, Baal, Pindle) even more with Ubers and getting decent items every 15-30min.

Clearing the same linear act over and over and over and over for 2000hours to get nothing even worth trading is so much more fun. Yep, this is a much better situation.

http://imageshack.us/a/img651/8135/diabloevolution.jpg

Exactly what i am saying.

They blame boss run, but give us alkaiser run what IMO its worst, by far.

D2 boss runs was boring, but alkaiser its worst, because we need to do the same run over and over and over, by the SAME way ( no random maps, sry) over and over, about 10m runs.

I dont get it blizzard, sry, im rly dont.
Reply Quote
I think in theory it sounded good not having to run bosses over and over... but in reality it leads to mindless "alkaizer runs". Since drops are only based on monster level, people will just gravitate towards one ideal area. Imagine if you could only get Manticores from Diablo or Belial... now you have a farming decision! Also puts less pressure on AH-only mentality since you know you can farm certain areas for items.

Sure (in D2), teleporting to bosses and downing them in 5s is quite repetitive, but you get that moment of excitement when you kill them... and each boss has different drops so you always have a choice on what to farm. Not to mention certain classes excel at certain scenarios (example being Lightning sorc for Countess runs).

But D3 needs to get rid of the constant cut-scenes. Imagine how annoying it would have been in D2 to have to skip cut-scenes at Mephisto every time. Good point from Gamasutra:
http://gamasutra.com/view/feature/183979/the_designers_notebook_bad_game_.php?page=1
Overlong, Predictable Animations
These are similar to, but not exactly the same as, uninterruptible cutscenes. Tyler Moore writes that some games "force you to watch the same animations or script for mundane actions with a predictable outcome, blocking gameplay or interaction until the animation is complete. This does not apply to animations that have a variable reward at the end (as in Zelda, opening a chest), only to those with a certain outcome." His examples were watching the skinning animation over and over to collect a resource in Red Dead Redemption, and being forced to listen to the same tired shopkeeper greeting when you want to sell your wares in Skyrim.

(Atleast we can skip... but yeah...)
Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 1/4/2013 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah but in D2 it at least feelt more rewarding. But thats just my oppinion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
what do boss runs have to do with random maps have to do with item usefulness?

random maps got removed because of maphacking.

Yeah, but people use MH for fast boss run, we dont have boss run in D3, and whe have an 100% online game just to avoid MH and hacks, right?

01/04/2013 07:09 PMPosted by ellisD
boss runs got removed in favor of valor stacks so that most people don't want to make a game every two minutes.

Yeah

Boss run => 5m~10m
Alakiser run=> 10m

Blá blá blá you dont need to do alkaiser run, certainly i dont need, as i dont needed to do boss run in d2, but was the best way like alkaiser run in d3

Itemization is a whole nother beast, don't get me started about that. But yes, it's sad certain monsters don't have different loot drop percentages. or that any loot sub inferno is useful at all. or that there is no replayability to justify making such types of loot changes viable. ugh.

Thats the main reason why we need to farm the same place over and over ad infinitum, if any item drop from any mob, just let search for the best mob density in the game...what do lead us to alkaiser run again
Reply Quote
View profile
01/04/2013 07:19 PMPosted by CrniVuk
yeah but in D2 it at least feelt more rewarding. But thats just my oppinion.

You type like Micheal J Fox.
Reply Quote
I could give two !@#$s about every other colossal screw up that Blizz made, making the bosses so absolutely pointless is the one and only thing I wanna see fixed more than anything.

How was Diablo from D2 able to be one of the only dudes who could drop certain gear, and actually a LONG %^- tough fight that would reward you with tons of runes, legends, rares, and other goodies, and then in D3 he is something you kill on your way to Inferno and then you never see him ever again (mainly because the Diablo fight itself is a lame *!@ version of the D1 Diablo fight)????

FOR SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think in theory it sounded good not having to run bosses over and over... but in reality it leads to mindless "alkaizer runs". Since drops are only based on monster level, people will just gravitate towards one ideal area. Imagine if you could only get Manticores from Diablo or Belial... now you have a farming decision! Also puts less pressure on AH-only mentality since you know you can farm certain areas for items.

Sure (in D2), teleporting to bosses and downing them in 5s is quite repetitive, but you get that moment of excitement when you kill them... and each boss has different drops so you always have a choice on what to farm. Not to mention certain classes excel at certain scenarios (example being Lightning sorc for Countess runs).

But D3 needs to get rid of the constant cut-scenes. Imagine how annoying it would have been in D2 to have to skip cut-scenes at Mephisto every time.

perfect post, its exactly what i want to say.

Boss runs sux, but at least i have a chance to drop what i aim for, i look for loot table and choice a boss to run. Actually i just run and run, mindless, through alkaiser run and sometime dropping a random legendary...
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Çarltonbanks
But D3 needs to get rid of the constant cut-scenes. Imagine how annoying it would have been in D2 to have to skip cut-scenes at Mephisto every time. Good

Wouldn't mind the cut scenes if they were actually any good, feels like Michael Bay directed this puppy.

Haha well an option to turn them off may be nice :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]