Diablo® III

blizzard blamed D2 boss run right?

01/04/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Chillaxin
you dont need to farm alkaiser run if you just would hop off that bandwagon.

You're right, our choices are select parts of act 3 or select parts of act 3.

your choices are any act 1-4 on any mp lvl 1-10 u might just have your self so stuck on the mind set that act3 is the most efficient when u should be doing whats the most fun. i bought the game knowing i play for a while so why force myself to repeat the same thing till i dont want to no more then play so more? when u can run all over places and kill stuff find stuff on the way and level. i rather enjoy killing things, listen to some jams and chatting to friends or pub.

why do u feel u have to do only act3?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Some people having fun dropping itens for your characters and leveling, the best point BY FAR to do that its act 3.
Edited by Miojo#1992 on 1/4/2013 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Both ways are incredibly repetitive and encourage doing mindless menial tasks again and again until rng decides to give you something worthwhile.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 07:04 PMPosted by koez
you dont need to farm alkaiser run if you just would hop off that bandwagon.

there is no bandwagon, its just the best
Reply Quote
Mob density for all Acts needs to be similar to Act 3 whenever Monster Power is on. Or at least for Inferno. The big attraction for Act 3 farming is that there's so many mobs packed together that you're always killing stuff. Other Acts have too much downtime in comparison.

I also think Blizzard should make the Acts open once you've cleared them on a specific difficulty. No quests are given, no cut-scenes will play, all waypoints are active, all bosses are alive, you have access to all areas, you can go wherever you want and kill what you want. Add in the ability to jump between Acts without losing NV (or just do away with it entirely and make mobs drop loot like they drop with 5 stacks by default).

Make those changes and the game is much more fun to farm. Next up, some sort of economy/character reset with rankings so you have some kind of competitive atmosphere. Ladders were an excellent way to do this but afaik, Blizzard doesn't seem to like that idea.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Çarltonbanks
Oh come on, what's wrong with chasing after 3lone fleeing wasps for 40seconds.

To be honest, no amount of changes to Act 2 would make me want to farm there unless it's in the dungeons. So many aggravating mobs in the desert :(
Reply Quote
Blamed boss run telling us that sux because was a 5~10m rush run.

Oh yeah? let me tell something: alkaiser run

Boss run give-me more options than alkaiser run, lol.

We are stuck in alkaiser run (or some little variations) doing that run over and over and over, reason? Simple:

No drop variations.

Boss runs were possible in D2 because of Enigma and infinite teleport.

Alkaiser run is done simply because of mob density (partly the lay out of levels / way points), if blizzard increased and balanced mob density among all acts it would not only be more enjoyable and challenging, but people would feel more inclined to farm other acts.

As for specific items dropping from specific bosses/areas... I would rather have it an even chance to find an item from all enemies.

Boss runs vs. Elite runs... Hmm.

Perhaps their should be "Quest Valor" in which the more quests you do the more stacks you get. Quests would give you a few items for a rewards as well as gold/exp, bosses would also give you more items depending on your quest stacks.

This way if you play through the entire act the act boss would drop a lot more items (a massive loo explosion).

I would refrain from giving elites more bonuses from drops since they already have Neph Valor and people would just skip elites to get all the bonuses, stop at the main act boss and THEN kill the elites.
Reply Quote
I think you are confusing, a intentional change (moving away from quick boss runs) and an unintentional occurrence (alk run)

it is already been heavily document blizz did near zero actual inferno testing and they prob had no concept of expecting "xp runs" at lvl 60
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Çarltonbanks

Because the dial up boss's in d2 were highly abused by bots. Not having fun then don't play.

We're not playing, we're on the forums complaining. Why are you here?

You know how you can tell this game blows without making D2 vs D3 arguments? I never, not once in the 20years I've been playing blizzard games, logged into any forum of any kind before Diablo III. I was having so much fun playing Blizzard's titles that I didn't give 2 sh!ts about what the community had to say about the games, I just wanted to spend every waking second playing them. Now I'm in here more than I play the game.

QFT
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 09:09 PMPosted by TheSaint

You don't find Harlequins Crest every 15-30 mins...

Lol, you find them at least once a day just about. I have mules full of them.

You have mules full of dupes.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Lorenze
Both ways are incredibly repetitive and encourage doing mindless menial tasks again and again until rng decides to give you something worthwhile.

No different,

in D2 you decide how long, where and when.

in D3 post 1.04 you are forced to get a NV5 first and then must commit xxx minutes per run.

EDIT: Oh did I forget to mention in D3 other than farming keys, the only place to farm and leveling (thx to some retards I have to add the word 'efficiently' here, yeh you can also farm and level in A1 normal) is Act 3?
Edited by Logi#1464 on 1/4/2013 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Logi

No different,

in D3 post 1.04 you are forced to get a NV5 first and then must commit xxx minutes per run.
i disagree

In D2 you decide how long, where and when

In D3 if you are not closed minded, you decide how long where and when.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Logi

No different,

this ^
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Gunghoe

No different,

i disagree

In D2 you decide how long, where and when

In D3 if you are not closed minded, you decide how long where and when.

Right..if your point is that 'this is a game, this route is efficient or not, whatever is fine' then this topic is not even relevant to you. L...2...P...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Best gear I have ever found has been from Act 1 Kazra Fields and Act 2 Vault. (Chest and Helm I am currently wearing, Act 1, Skorn and Litany from Act 2.)

The only person telling you to run only Act 3 is you, stop being retarded.

l2 read

kkthxby
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]