Diablo® III

Some Suggestions for D3

I know a lot of these have been mentioned by multiple people, but I figured I'd make my own topic about it. This is not intended to be a complaint thread, just some suggestions that I think would make the game a lot more fun/playable for myself and tons of other people. It would be nice if a Blue could reply to this topic and comment on the different suggestions I've mentioned here.

-Let us change acts in one game. In D2, once we completed a quest or got to a new act, we were able to freely jump from one act to another in the same game. This was especially good for mfing (sorry I hate the term 'farming') because we could kill several bosses from each act without having to repeat the quests. I think Diablo 3 should be the same way. The current system of creating games by quest and being forced to repeat the entire quest(s) / being bound to one act until you kill the act boss is way too linear and repetitive, and it makes MF runs take way too long. And on that note, I think we should retain our valor stacks when we do change acts.

-Let movement speed spawn on other rare items besides boots and remove the cap. I understand the idea behind only letting certain stats spawn on legendaries, but I think movement speed should at least be spawnable on rare pants and chest armor. Running around with 12% movement speed just seems really slow, especially compared to Diablo 2 where faster run/walk could spawn on pretty much every item and there was no cap (not to mention all characters could teleport). Since only Wizards can teleport (and there's a huge cooldown on the skill), it seems appropriate to allow us to gear up with tons of movement speed.

-I think the create/join games system should be changed to be like how it was in Diablo 2. Instead of joining games by quest, we should be able to create/name our own games. This system worked fine in Diablo 2 and made it a lot easier to socialize/trade. This wouldn't even require much of a UI change; just make it so the "public games" tabs shows a list of all available public games (just like in D2) instead of quests.

-Allow 8 players per game instead of 4 like in Diablo 2. It's just more fun that way, especially when it comes to pvp. Having the option to 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc. or quest in a party of 8 was part of what made Diablo 2 so fun.

-Add more socketables (jewels, runes) and bring runewords back. White items are completely useless in this game and runewords would solve that problem completely. Allowing the blacksmith to enchant/imbue white items like Charsi did in D2 would be another cool addition. This could be implemented by adding a rare blacksmith plan that teaches it how to imbue an item, a side quest that gives the blacksmith the ability like D2, or simply by allowing the blacksmith to do it automatically.

-Give us the option to add sockets to items. That's another thing Diablo 2 had that I don't think should have been removed. This can be done the same way as the enchantment, except using the jeweler instead of the blacksmith.

-Let valor stacks/mf affect drops from unique monsters. 90% of the time I see a unique monster pop up (including Izual), it drops nothing but a few white and blue items, regardless of my 5 valor stacks or total mf %. In my opinion, they should be treated just like bosses or elites and have a guaranteed extra rare (or 2) drop if you have 5 stacks. Giving them an increased chance to drop legendary items would be beneficial as well.

-Add more content. I'm sure there's going to be another act or 2 either in a patch or with an expansion, but the game really needs some more content. Throw in some hidden dungeons and some side quests. Put minibosses at the end of the extra dungeons that have different abilities than the other bosses/elites in the game. The random special events and caves throughout the acts are cool, but there's very few of them and there isn't much incentive to explore any of those places or do any of the events because they usually aren't very rewarding.

Feel free to comment on any of these suggestions or add something to the list.
Edited by tool#1399 on 1/5/2013 2:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
1. I have never had to do the quests a second or third time when farming in act one inferno. All I do is set the quest to Imprisoned Angel. Then do the route as I learned it online. Of course I did add one waypoint in order to have a chance of starting my NV stacks earlier than what the run suggested. I have never had to listen to the dialogue or do the whole quest.

2. Getting the full 25% movement speed cap is easy, by getting the right legendaries and set items you can easily hit that cap. We do not need to be dashing about on the maps.

3. Adding sockets to gear might be fine as long as you are wanting to be able to add sockets to pieces that do not come with sockets or add more sockets to pieces that already come with sockets. Doing that would mean it would imbalance the game.

4. I am sure that in time they will throw in some extra pre expansion content, sure it would be small. I would not be an entire act. That is what expansions are for.
Reply Quote
1. I have never had to do the quests a second or third time when farming in act one inferno. All I do is set the quest to Imprisoned Angel. Then do the route as I learned it online. Of course I did add one waypoint in order to have a chance of starting my NV stacks earlier than what the run suggested. I have never had to listen to the dialogue or do the whole quest.

2. Getting the full 25% movement speed cap is easy, by getting the right legendaries and set items you can easily hit that cap. We do not need to be dashing about on the maps.

3. Adding sockets to gear might be fine as long as you are wanting to be able to add sockets to pieces that do not come with sockets or add more sockets to pieces that already come with sockets. Doing that would mean it would imbalance the game.

4. I am sure that in time they will throw in some extra pre expansion content, sure it would be small. I would not be an entire act. That is what expansions are for.

1. You're kind of missing the point here. If you start at the Imprisoned Angel quest then you can't kill the spider boss in the caves of Wortham or the Skeleton King. And if you started at the Skeleton King quest and wanted to kill the Warden/Butcher as well, you'd have to follow the entire quest line. And you can't kill the Butcher and then go right to Belial unless you do every quest in act 2 or make a new game. It's the same way with all other acts. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it was a lot more efficient and less repetitive/linear to be able to jump from act to act and kill different bosses in the same game without having to repeat the quests like you could in D2. Allowing us to do this in D3 would make thousands of players happy.

2. Sure it is, but not everyone wants to use the same legendaries/sets. And unless you use the auction house, you most likely won't find any of those items if you are just a casual gamer. Personally I don't mind using the (gold) auction house, but a lot of people don't like it. And what's wrong with "dashing about on the maps"? Demon Hunters can do this using vault with tactical advantage and Barbarians can do it using Sprint. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

3. Of course I'm talking about adding sockets to gear that doesn't already have sockets.

4. I know they will, but I don't see why it hurts to add that to the list. I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of content (although there's certainly a lot more things to do now than there was at launch), so I think the devs should keep that at the top of their to-do list.

5. You never played Diablo 2 before, did you?
Edited by tool#1399 on 1/5/2013 2:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, diablo 2 was a great game. However, it's too late for D3. You can't turn it into D2, because it is already a giant piece of turd.

I agree with most if not all of these ideas, but it's not practical.

Blizzard doesn't care about what we want, they care about what they want. They wanted money, so RMAH was created. GAH was created under the guise of "hey you dont really need to pay REAL money to get the best items" but then they linked GAH to RMAH by letting you buy/sell gold.

8 Player games would cause some serious lag.

Runewords don't fit into this game because the stats in this game are just so boring. In D2 you had crazy runewords that could grant you skills of another class. Just try to imagine that in D3. Having difficulty doing so? It's because D2 was fundamentally warped and corrupted to the core in the process of the metamorphosis to D3. It went from a masterpiece to Auction House Tycoon 3.
Reply Quote
Yes, diablo 2 was a great game. However, it's too late for D3. You can't turn it into D2, because it is already a giant piece of turd.

I agree with most if not all of these ideas, but it's not practical.

Blizzard doesn't care about what we want, they care about what they want. They wanted money, so RMAH was created. GAH was created under the guise of "hey you dont really need to pay REAL money to get the best items" but then they linked GAH to RMAH by letting you buy/sell gold.

8 Player games would cause some serious lag.

Runewords don't fit into this game because the stats in this game are just so boring. In D2 you had crazy runewords that could grant you skills of another class. Just try to imagine that in D3. Having difficulty doing so? It's because D2 was fundamentally warped and corrupted to the core in the process of the metamorphosis to D3. It went from a masterpiece to Auction House Tycoon 3.

I think you're being a little harsh. I don't think D3 is a bad game at all, and I don't want it to turn into D2. There's just a lot of things D2 had that I don't think should have been removed (mostly the stuff I mentioned in this thread; a few other things too, but I only posted the things that I felt were actually doable). There are a few things I don't like at all (when comparing the game to D2), like the cooldowns on certain skills, all classes wearing essentially the same gear, all damage being based on weapon damage, etc. but I got over that a long time ago. There's still plenty of things the devs could do to make the game better.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the AH either. There's always been 3rd party sites that sold D2 items for cash. Sure, Blizzard probably put the RMAH in to make some extra cash; but least we can make money off of it too. If they were truly just money hungry they would make us pay monthly to play it like WoW.

8 player games might cause serious lag for some people, but it worked fine in D2 so I don't really see a problem with having 8 player games in D3 (as long as they give us the option to put a player limit on our games, so people who can't handle 8 player games can limit their games to 4 players or whatever).

And now that I think about it, you're probably right about the runewords. I'm sure there's a way they could implement them, but if we'd have to sacrifice one of our own skills in order to use a skill granted by a runeword it would completely defeat the purpose.
Edited by tool#1399 on 1/5/2013 3:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Another big text on the wall.............
We don't need no............

Troll/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]