Just hit 60 on my Monk and have some questions. I plan on doing a "tanking" Monk, someone that can sit in the pocket and survive forever.
1 - Do most monks use the One With Everything passive? If so how do you pick which resistance you want to stack...just pick one and go with it?
2 - Dual wield with Guardians Path ... or 1h and Shield? On the Guardians Path passive, is it bugged, it seemed while leveling it was only adding 10% dodge not 15% for me.
3 LoH...what are the best skills to use for this or does it matter? On my WD acid rain and rain of toads give the best return does Monk have the same thing?
1. Yes. Most Monks use OWE. Doesn't matter which one you pick. Typically just go with:
- If you happen to have a resist on a single piece of gear that you won't be changing for a long time, go with that.
- If you already have a bunch of gear with a particular resist, it may be cheapest to replace your otehr gear first.
- whatever seems to be cheapest in the AH right now.
- If you see a cheap Andariel's Visage or Cindercoat/Fire walkers in the Ah, then you can pick Poison or Fire.
2. Going with DW: Guardians's Path/OWE/STI is fine and is a fairly normal passive set. Guardian's Path is not bugged, dodge bonuses just don't work quite the way you think. They're not strictly additive. As an example, if you have two bonues 20% and 15%, each gives you the listed chance to dodge, in order. So your chance of getting hit is:
(1-0.20) * (1-0.15) = .68
Your dodge chance in this case is (1-0.68) = 32%.
3. Basically nothing but spirit generators are a significant source of LoH. Most of our proc coefficients aren't that good. The Thunderclap rune of Fists of Thunder is by far the most popular spirit generator because it has the highest proc rate as well as providinig the ability to teleport to an "latch on" to an enemy. Give it a shot and see if you like it.