Diablo® III

Votekick PK Solution

(Locked)

Pretty easy and intuitive. Many other "solutions" are very abusable to prevent hardcore characters from dying, here is mine.

When a votekick is passed, votekicked player has 60s timer to exit the game. After 60s has passed, the player will lose control of his character for 10s and automatically disconnect.

Perhaps just 60 seconds to leave the game, the idea is there. No need for the losing control of your character. One minute should be more than enough for you to find a safe spot and tp...
Edited by Thorsten#1864 on 1/8/2013 3:09 AM PST
Better solution: Get rid of the POS Vote-Kick feature.
01/06/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Showny

so what do you do when you have POS people who does nothing but stays in town?
Why the need to make the player lose control at all? If a player can survive the 60 seconds then it's hardly exploitable. 60 seconds and then instant kick would be better.
01/06/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Thominator
Why the need to make the player lose control at all? If a player can survive the 60 seconds then it's hardly exploitable. 60 seconds and then instant kick would be better.

true....instant kick after 60seconds...with the timer on his head. Its pretty easy and neat...
01/06/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Thorsten

so what do you do when you have POS people who does nothing but stays in town?

its called weather baloon... works great if you get 2 people doing this (vote kick wont work)
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.
01/07/2013 01:15 AMPosted by LapChi
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.

you so smart, should get a nobel prize award. Apparently there are people who wants to play with strangers and meet new people, and want to be able to vote kick those who really nonsensical
Community Manager
01/07/2013 01:15 AMPosted by LapChi

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.
Thanx Lylirra for the response. At least the PKers wont be able to kill off people who dont deserve it....
10 second timet, surrounded by mobs with your group not helping. Just wait you're still gonna see people whining
Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

Do you guys also think that those who have been using such an exploit should be banned immediately? I'm talking about those sadists who are mpk'ing others via that.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 1/7/2013 10:19 PM PST
Thank you for giving us an update and letting us know you're aware of the hc griefing and addressing the vote kick system.
01/07/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes.

Why not have a small box on the bottom right side of the screen which has the 10 second countdown?

And while the countdown is going you can still fight, move, trade, and so on?

If your solution is getting rid of the 10 second countdown and you are worried it might create ways for people to exploit it, why make such a drastic change when you can just finesse what you already have?
Thank you, Lylirra. I don't play hardcore but I don't condone the behavior of online bullies PKing characters that people invested a lot of time and effort building up.
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 1/7/2013 10:26 PM PST
thanks Lylirria for a mod response. Is there anyway you can post on the HC side? some of those guys/gals dont look at the general section. the the is "Vote Kick: is there a viable solution"
thanks for a response. battlebra
Just wanted to also say thank you for you (or someone) bringing the issue to the attention of the needed people. Once this is implemented I will be able to play public games every once in awhile with my WD

=)
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 1/7/2013 10:32 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]