Diablo® III

Votekick PK Solution

(Locked)

01/07/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

I don't think ASAP means what you think it means.
@Otis
it will destroy the economy if everyone can avoid death by escaping the game... nobody will need to reroll and buy low level gear again and it will become like softcore, and it removes the challenge of hardcore

theres already enough people dodging death with account rollbacks *cough weaver*
Edited by brenzA#6648 on 1/8/2013 1:30 AM PST
@Otis
it will destroy the economy if everyone can avoid death by escaping the game... nobody will need to reroll and buy low level gear again and it will become like softcore, and it removes the challenge of hardcore

theres already enough people dodging death with account rollbacks *cough weaver*

Economy lol. It's a game, man. They need to begin making it fun & not obnoxious.

It's a single player game where people find gear & kill monsters for self enjoyment.

The challenge of hardcore is self sustained. If someone hits the panic button to escape death, they're only cheating themselves. Who cares.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 1/8/2013 1:42 AM PST
fun you say.. well softcore isn't fun because items are worthless, and there is no point in the item hunt, making the game pointless. I think most players have come over to hardcore for similar reasons.

hardcore isnt 'broken' like softcore is. and the economy is one of the reasons for that.
Edited by brenzA#6648 on 1/8/2013 1:46 AM PST
fun you say.. well softcore isn't fun for me because items are worthless, and there is no point in the item hunt, making the game worthless. I think most players have come over to hardcore for similar reasons.

hardcore isnt 'broken' like softcore is. and the economy is the reason for that.

So it's all about making money for you? That's fine & good sir. Others want to enjoy the game for the game part & not the AH.

Lots of us don't give a rats rear about making money & playing the AH.
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

and please remove 10 second timer when disconnect

read this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639227?page=1
making money? there is no RMAH in hardcore..

yes Inferis the auction house in part can be blamed for this, its called path of least resistance..

why grind for items when you can buy them on the AH for next to nothing, speaking strictly about softcore.
this game is an item grind and an e-peen contest. any noob can be leet in sc (see rmah, dieing 2000 times) im outta here, didnt realise i was in the general forum.
Just a thought, is there no way to just change HC to offline? Ive died a couple times earlyon due to my own negligence, but at higher levels and theres been quite a few, its lag deaths that get me or a DC and it is not in any way on my side, I run off a business line. Its already a seperate AH system etc so why not toss that, up the quality of drops a bit and make it offline? Or at least give the option, I'm ok with never going online ever.....
WHAT? BLIZZARD IS ADDRESSING SOMETHING RELATED TO HARDCORE?

EVERYONE TAKE COVER

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes.

Yes please.
Thank you for responding Lylirra and to Blizzard for its speedy attention to this hc problem.

Why your post wasn't at least co-posted in the hc forum (the community it affects) baffles me. I am an hcer who never visits the general forum, and only found your posting by mistake. This is akin to the national weather bureau predicting tornadoes in Dayton,Ohio and only broadcasting warnings on CNN and ignoring the local & regional stations; you have missed your target audience.

Try it out lets Vote to kick you on your precious char and see how you feel about it

Oh yeah? But what about the griefers themselves? Did you ever stop to think about them? They have lives too you know. Your proposal is discrimination against evil!! Griefers need to find way to feed their thirst for pain, and how can they do that when you KEEP NERFING FUN???!1

This is a very important issue to the HC community, and I'm glad you recognize this!
First off, thanks for acknowledging that hardcore exists, and addressing this critical problem.

That being said, I think that the 10 second counter serving as a "warning" as opposed to locking your character into immobility is the far superior solution in every conceivable way:

• If a HC character can't fend for itself for 10 seconds when it can move, it has no business being alive anyway.
  • There is less exploitability
  • Since the drawback of the timer is lower, it can be safely increased to 30 seconds, reducing exploitability issues further.

Also, the hardcore disconnect issue is a severe one that needs to be addressed. Here are my (well reasoned I believe) thoughts on the matter:

Auto-pause, ala SC2, is the golden bullet here. The only thing that exploit can do, really, is just allow pausing in multiplayer, as far as I'm concerned, which is so much less of a drawback than the sheer unfairness of the current DC protocol.

If auto-pause is not possible, DC detection at least needs to be stepped up. Currently, a DC can take up to 50 seconds. The 10 second countdown is not even the problem. If it was just kept to a 10 second countdown (maybe with 10 seconds TOPS for DC detection), that is much more survivable. Up to 50 seconds is just prohibitive to gear against what with the possibility of multiple arcane beams and multiple desecrator stacks.

Thanks for giving some attention to HC!!
01/08/2013 01:44 AMPosted by brenzA
fun you say.. well softcore isn't fun because items are worthless, and there is no point in the item hunt, making the game pointless.

What do you mean worthless? Are the items worthless to you or are they to someone else?
If you mean worth, as in gold from a sell on the AH, what difference does it make how much gold you have when you're hunting for items, unless what you mean by 'hunt' is to buy them from the AH.

I honestly don't see this rosy, enlightened mode that is Hardcore. There has been precisely zero difference to level my HC WD to level 39, all through Normal at MP10 with exp gear than anything I've done on SC.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 1/8/2013 5:54 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]