Diablo® III

Votekick PK Solution

(Locked)

I don't get this at all.

A vote kick passes and you are locked out for like what 10 seconds? Sadly the solutions I see people offering are more timers.

Why the hell are you just not immediately kicked?

Whomever at Blizzard thought that timers in Diablo would be a good idea should be fired.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 1/8/2013 5:49 AM PST
01/07/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.
I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

The quicker the better. The hardcore community needs this ASAP.
good, too many have died already
01/08/2013 05:48 AMPosted by AxeLord
Whomever at Blizzard thought that timers in Diablo would be a good idea should be fired.
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

Thank you for addressing this at some point in the near future!
HUH? What? Hardcore Players want protection from their Hardcore Experience?

RIGHT.

Or you could make it so that players can only vote kick when they are in town. This way when you see that you're the only one out there, you'll know something's not right.
Really appreciate this response Lylirra, I hope a fix can be implemented sooner rather than later.
HUH? What? Hardcore Players want protection from their Hardcore Experience?

RIGHT.

Hardcore players don't want a feature that was intended (at least partially) as a way to deal with griefers to be used as a tool for griefing.

This is currently a *huge* disincentive for anyone in HC to play in pubs.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/8/2013 9:21 AM PST
Am I wrong, or is this the first time ever a blue has posted about HC death related issues? There has been a stonewall of silence about non-gameplay related deaths in HC since release.

Are you prepared to comment on how the developers view HC deaths related to things outside the game itself? Are disconnects always going to be the HC final boss? Is the team looking for solutions or should we make peace and accept that it won't change?
@BrenzA
it will destroy the economy if everyone can avoid death by escaping the game... nobody will need to reroll and buy low level gear again and it will become like softcore, and it removes the challenge of hardcore

theres already enough people dodging death with account rollbacks *cough weaver*

Are you out of your mind? with all your death in hc how can you even believe for a second that you could cheat death with a votekick? You prolly play solo or have minimal experience with death in coop game. it would actually be detrimental to everyone if you started a votekick when the !@#$ hit the fan. i hate how in a fight you can get windows open in your face about the dumbest thing, i disabled all i could but ending quest and votekick still remain to hinder you.

Dunno if any of your death happened in open coop games but all death ive seen or experienced myself happens very quickly, most of the times people say "what? what happened?". When the going gets though for someone it usually does for others too and if the others arent in trouble they would rather fight to get to you and help you than stop, start a vote kick and hope they don't themselves die in the process. Also dont blame the economy on anything but the AH, if it wasnt for the AH hc and sc for that matters would be in much better condition. cheating death if possible wouldnt hurt the economy more than dinting a rust bucket.
Edited by Wimplo#1576 on 1/8/2013 12:36 PM PST
i totally agreed lost a barb few days ago because there stupid. server crash i was in the middle of an elite pack, then i get d/c saying authenticator issues error 33. i didn't even bother to call them up. because they would make some bs excuse to why its not there fault i died. They dont care about us. They nvr did. they only care about the money. blizzard north closing down.was the worst thing to ever happen to diablo franchise. this is the first i heard of the public game pk Vote Kick. I will not ever play HC again Because right after i got my first 60 barb i also it to there stupid server crash. Then once it came back up I lose my lvl 58 do to lag tremors after it came back up. lag spikes that y fault to i assume right. i am running a duel quad processor with high speed internet. There nothing wrong with my end. but they will say what they want to be lazy. U no what i put a lot of work in this game and i don't even want to play anymore. Because it seem likes blizzard u care slews and less about us as the days go on. I watch youtube video off jay wilson Explaining how u care about us. DO YOU REALLY CARE. Answer obvious u don't I admit i like the rush of not knowing if an elite will kill me or not that what i love. but i don't want to lose it because of Your damn server issues. I lost to barbs HC in a row because off Your server issues. so now Your saying your gonna let us die in public games from pkers that love to make other die for there benefit. Because of some stupid Exploit. You guys no how to make this problem go away you just don't care to do anything about it. You could easily solve this problem by allowing the player enough time to get to a safe place to port to town 2 3 minutes. then kick them. if they don't get to town by then then they deserve to die because they had a chance to leave 3 minutes is enough time to kill a pack. But u making us not able to control chars upon leaving. give us 2 to 3 minutes to kill the mob to port to town then let us exit peacefully That so simple a half wit could do it.

Honestly the more and more i play. The more and more disappointed i am with diablo. I quit for 2 months because of pvp not being out. I came back and not even a month after being back the server crash i lose a HC because of your servers. and because your policy states that you don't under any circumstance bring back chars even if its legitly your fault That not caring about us. watch this post will get deleted I probably get forum ban for awhile honestly i don't even care I am so disappointing now i just go play CnC Or black ops You no real games that don't have these issues.
Lol there nvr been an account rollback.
lol agreed
lol there find some reason to not do that *Oh player will pause the game on other player just because there mad * see there winning again. *NOT*
ingame password should fix the problem
01/07/2013 10:17 PMPosted by databandit
10 second timet, surrounded by mobs with your group not helping. Just wait you're still gonna see people whining

Doubt it. Now, you're dealing with an exploit with no control over your character. Dieing because you play with people who are dicks is an assumed risk of joining a public game. Besides which, I assume HC players have a far more cautious play style than wading into mobs. Death is permanent, after all.
Awesome we won!!!!!

it seems people are not following what is happening,

they removed the stasis lock on characters when they get vote kicked.....
as in you still wait 10sec to get kicked you are just free to move and activate abilities.....

thanks so much b;lue name for addressing this issue
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]