Diablo® III

Votekick PK Solution

(Locked)

No account action.

Well thats just pathetic.
01/08/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Lylirra
If your solution is getting rid of the 10 second countdown and you are worried it might create ways for people to exploit it, why make such a drastic change when you can just finesse what you already have?

It's not a very drastic change overall, and we're happy to consider other solutions. This particular choice seemed the most logical for the situation because it allowed us to address the issue while minimally impacting players (in both Normal and Hardcore). It's also something we believe we can act on fairly quickly and get into the 1.0.7 patch.

...does this imply that 1.0.7 is getting released quickly? :P
It looks like they only care if your exploits hurt the economy.

If your exploits delete other player's gear, they won't ban you for that.

Sometimes it is right for authority to step up to the plate and drop some well deserved discipline. The result of these exploiters left unpunished is absolutely disgusting. I'm sickened.

The spirit of sportsmanship is severely lacking in the discipline department.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/8/2013 5:33 PM PST
01/08/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Sometimes it is right for authority to step up to the plate and drop some well deserved discipline. The result of these exploiters left unpunished is absolutely disgusting. I'm sickened.

Yes, agreed, that exploiters should be punished. But unless there is a way to determine who is vote kicking someone for legitimate purposes and who is vote kicking for griefing/exploiting/being-a-b*tch, then what can you do?
what about we can control our hero in 10-second.remove it don't like a good idea.
01/07/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
Why not just go to option and set no public game display so nobody random joins your game? FIXED, . . . smart.

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

what about we can control our hero in 10-second.remove it don't like a good idea.
nice....=) glad to hear our voices being heard

While we think these players are poor sportsman and secretly hope they don't get any cool presents for Christmas this year, we don't feel like we should seek any unilateral account action at this time. We're more concerned about correcting the issue and improving the gameplay experience for our Hardcore players -- something we which hope to accomplish with the removal of the 10-second movement lock out.

You heard it here from a blue! Exploiting parts of the game won't get you banned. Although bot discussion and the random "I should have botted" statement that people like to throw out (even in a comical context) warrants a ban from the forums. Awesome!

Not that I am defending not banning people for this exploit, which I also believe should be bannable, I feel you're taking what she said the wrong way. I feel it was put this way because well, the player base is so small right now and the game lacks so much to do, people are resorting to this stuff for entertainment and banning anyone at this point besides botters, will only hurt. Banning botters of course helps their pockets, no offence but it is true. Also not saying that's the only reason they are banned, I'm sure you guys want less bots around even if it does benefit you more to keep them.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 1/8/2013 9:49 PM PST
01/08/2013 09:48 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
I feel it was put this way because well, the player base is so small right now and the game lacks so much to do, people are resorting to this stuff for entertainment and banning anyone at this point besides botters, will only hurt. Banning botters of course helps their pockets, no offence but it is true.

Exploiting to create extra items = ban

Exploiting to delete other players gear = keep on playing
I did not take time to read everything but what blizz gonna do with all the ppl who have lost there toons because of cheater and bug abuser and what blizz will do to thes 2-3 guys ?? I have no HC toon with high lvl but i fell quit bad for them.

And the advice dont play in public game WTF are you .... i dont know ( cant find any good word here) its a public game and other player are not suppose to be able to kill you.

more it goes the worst that game go im not a blizz basher but wow, nothing change ppl have to do massive complain or nothing happen WAKE UP BLIZZ stop the drugs and check the forum our money paying you for that

ok just scroll up a bit and saw that they are not gonna ban cheater/bug abuser ?? in other word its cheat/bot/bug abuse as you want
Edited by JohnnyJLC#1101 on 1/8/2013 11:12 PM PST
01/08/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Lylirra
While you did act on it quickly once complaints started moving to the General Discussion forum this issue has been on the hardcore forum for a long time. Many Hardcore players feel that no blue's ever even look on the Hardcore forum, and they seem to be correct since the only way to get a response is to complain on the General Discussion forum.

Fair point, and noted. It's something I'll make sure our team works to improve on this year. I agree we could do better about communicating in other forums.

I hope this ends high enough on the to-do list. Hardcore is where the heart is for many, and hardcore currently is ruined because everyone absolutely has to gear against DC, not the game itself. Many love the game, but still have quit because of this. I really hope you'd show even once that you care on HC forums to prevent people from quitting. All we ask, one post, to show that you care. There's at least 10+ page topic on both US and EU forums currently where people cry for attention regarding this, and still we have not received a single word of feedback from the blues.

Shame on you.
Edited by Nukemi#1861 on 1/9/2013 3:12 AM PST
Pretty easy and intuitive. Many other "solutions" are very abusable to prevent hardcore characters from dying, here is mine.

When a votekick is passed, votekicked player has 60s timer to exit the game. After 60s has passed, the player will lose control of his character for 10s and automatically disconnect.

Perhaps just 60 seconds to leave the game, the idea is there. No need for the losing control of your character. One minute should be more than enough for you to find a safe spot and tp...

01/06/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Thorsten
One minute should be more than enough for you to find a safe spot and tp...

01/06/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Thorsten
should

Your plan is flawed. What if you are in a boss fight?
Thank Lyllira for your answers / feedback an also for your resolution to look more to the HC forums in 2013 (HCer are very dedicated to the game and usually stick to the game).

Maybe I'll just send you a tweet in the future should there be issue to be looked at in the HC forums :P
Solution:

Ban PKers from public games and the forums.

If they can't get into a public game it isn't as easy to PK people
If they can't post they can't brag about the !@#$ they have done.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]