Diablo® III

2h still viable?

Is it? I like the build I currently have but I seem to be in the small minority, as WW still rules the day i guess. Also, where can I get more CC without spending billions? Seems to be my lowest stat.
Reply Quote
Offhand ring for 6cc and ammy for 3.5cc is your only option I'm afraid.
Reply Quote
2h usually works better with higher dps.
You can get more crit on your rings and helmet. You have very low crit on your left ring, no crit on your right ring and you're using a mempo without crit. Not sure how well you're doing with that Skorn, lifesteal on it usually does better but it's pretty expensive.

Play whatever build you enjoy, because you'll get bored if you play WW and don't like it. If you like your current build, being a minority is no problem. Play to have fun! :)
Edited by Skorpse#1663 on 1/10/2013 5:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can easily get 7cc and 9 ias by using Nat's boot and ring
Reply Quote
i am doing pretty good with my Skorn. i can't really afford good 1 handers right now to try out.
Reply Quote
Yo. I am a 2H barb and can just about do MP10.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Lunatix
Is it? I like the build I currently have but I seem to be in the small minority, as WW still rules the day i guess. Also, where can I get more CC without spending billions? Seems to be my lowest stat.

Your off hand ring, your amulet and helm have no CC. Start there to add some that you are missing. As for if the build is viable, it sure as hell is. I eat MP10 ubers for breakfast with my 2H barb.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Popoc

The huge loss of str and other stats would make it pointless. That is a DH set, not barb.
As for helms, CC Mempos are hundreds of millions, so no choice there for the 99% of us. Andarals is a glass cannon helm, the huge loss of ehp is not worth me gaining only 3k dps from the extra 4.5% CC.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Ace

The huge loss of str and other stats would make it pointless. That is a DH set, not barb.
As for helms, CC Mempos are hundreds of millions, so no choice there for the 99% of us. Andarals is a glass cannon helm, the huge loss of ehp is not worth me gaining only 3k dps from the extra 4.5% CC.

My thoughts exactly, I was thinking of getting a new offhand ring but didn't want to give up the AR on that one. Was also thinking about Inna's pants but the loss of AR/vit would be a problem there too, not sure how much of a problem though
Reply Quote
With HoTA/Rend... Yes

WW... Dual Wield

Good luck !

/respect
Reply Quote

My thoughts exactly, I was thinking of getting a new offhand ring but didn't want to give up the AR on that one. Was also thinking about Inna's pants but the loss of AR/vit would be a problem there too, not sure how much of a problem though

You can get a nat ring with ~150+ str and 50+ vit and sometimes even arm for less than 10M.

For a nat boot you can get most 100str with less than 5M, but of coz you will loss ~100str and 10% life bonus when compare to ice climbers, but if a ice climbers comes with MS, you need to spend a lot more gold...

so of coz if you have a lot of gold to spend, MS ice climbers plus 6%cc 150str 9%ias ring is always the best. but if you are not that rich, nat set is not that bad actually...only spend 15M to get 7CC and 9ias which is very important when u are using 2H
Edited by Popoc#1734 on 1/10/2013 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
HOTA build wtih 2 hand is great

a 1250+ DPS 180 crt dam open socket with 300 + str and 200 + vit skorn is just 2M to 3M work very well with any belt have 3 % LS

or a Schaffer hammer 1100 + DPS with 150% crt run low mp is fun
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 1/11/2013 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 11:20 PMPosted by DamageInc
Yo. I am a 2H barb and can just about do MP10.

This is the second time today I've seen someone gloating this.
Most of with half decent gear can. Not that you'd want to cuz it's a complete waste of time, and takes way too long.

not a waste of time for key runs :D
Reply Quote
I play with HOTA build and is viable and for my own taste more fun than WW build
Reply Quote
I personally enjoy the pace/style of 2hand/HoTA compared to a DW/WW build. But I still use a WW/2h build for lower mp runs/xp farming.(I use full IK for vanity purposes when farming xp) But when the high MP comes its time to bust out the Skorn and HoTA build for sure. At a MP7-10 I find that 2h works great. Reflect Damage is a joke vs 2h rend spam and everything else blows up under the might of HoTA spam.

If I were to suggest anything when it comes to a 2H build... it would be make sure you have enough attack speed in your build to keep the fury coming with into the fray/bash
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]