Diablo® III

Lets Talk about DW and 1h+quiver DHs

For the sake of a fair comparison I'm assuming equal gear setups. So if Spite guy is wearing an SoJ then so is the DML guy, and he has an extra affix thanks to the DML. If no one is wearing SoJs then DML guy has 1 affix to the other guy's 0. Basically,

SoJ + DML vs SoJ only = 1 extra affix
DML vs nothing = 1 extra affix

Re: stats, it's actually a lot simpler than that. Ultimately the only thing that matters is your sheet dps number, whether you get it by having 10% crit and 700 cd or 70% crit and 100 cd is irrelevant. As long as it's the same in the end, how you get there is anything goes.

Of course there are subtle differences assuming equal gear levels, in actual combat, high crit/low cd gear setups are more consistent steady damage while low crit/high cd ones are more bursty, and there are some skills that scale better with certain stats (Spray of Teeth and crit, Nightstalker and crit, Sentry and ias) but overall it's generally homogenous.

I mean, I use Archery as well, everyone does. If I took off my SoJ and wore my other ring I would actually be at the crit hard cap, (75% crit). Sounds impressive but ultimately it doesn't really mean anything on it's own.

Edit: Regarding your edit, I personally only recommend wearing an SoJ if 1. You're more interested in damage vs elites, and optionally 2. You're using a cold one to activate Cull the Weak. If you're using a cold SoJ for this purpose, just in terms of pure dps it is probably the best option in the game, by far, for any gear level - it's +30-45% damage right there.

But eh I think this discussion is getting needlessly complicated. I could write an entire post on just SoJ gearing alone.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/11/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Myon I don't think you got any of what I was saying. Just like the last time I debated with you.
Reply Quote
I have to say I didn't particularly get how your last post (on page 1) tied in with your prior point either. Perhaps that is why you don't think I've been able to address it directly. I think we should just leave it at that instead of cluttering this thread up further, there's probably a misunderstanding somewhere back there.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/11/2013 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Myon
I have to say I didn't particularly get how your last post (on page 1) tied in with your prior point either. Perhaps that is why you don't think I've been able to address it directly. I think we should just leave it at that instead of cluttering this thread up further, there's probably a misunderstanding somewhere back there.
I agree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]