Diablo® III

Would you want followers to be playable?

When you play in a group you never see followers in action. What if followers could be playable, would you want to?

Lets say you want to run with a friend but due to HP boost when another hero joins a game it makes grouping less desirable. What if you could select one of your followers to be his follower instead and bring mob HP back down to solo play level?

I think I'd have fun for awhile and would motivate me to gear all my followers better. If loot dropped for you too and followers would have a pack to to carry items, there would be more incentive to play with a buddy. Gives a bit more content in the game and also indirectly opens up 3 playable mini classes!
Reply Quote
A decent idea, but i have some things i'd like to ask.

What about skills?
I noticed the templar and enchantress both have passives, if a person sets the passives as the commands of the follower, the follower shall waste a great deal of damage-dealing capabilitys.

What about equipment?
Followers never really had extremely good stats, why so? Because they can only use weapon (off-hand or shield, if any), 2 rings, amulet, and follower item, making 5-6 item slots available to the follower, whilst a player has 12-13 items available, making playing a follower much less desirable since they have low power compared to the nephalem.

What about dieing?
If the follower normally ''dies'' they are normally ''downed'', reducing combat influence to null until a certain delay is expired. If a player controls a follower, one of the following will happen.
1: The follower will die, reducing durability of the items of the follower, causing the owner of the follower to need to pay the repair price of the equipment itself unless it is automatically removed from the follower player's gold amount.
2: The follower player will be unable to entirely die and be able to allow players the easy obtaining of normally impossible achievements such as killing cydea at hell whilst not wearing gear.

If we can solve those problems it is worth a shot.
Reply Quote
A decent idea, but i have some things i'd like to ask.

What about skills?
I noticed the templar and enchantress both have passives, if a person sets the passives as the commands of the follower, the follower shall waste a great deal of damage-dealing capabilitys.

What about equipment?
Followers never really had extremely good stats, why so? Because they can only use weapon (off-hand or shield, if any), 2 rings, amulet, and follower item, making 5-6 item slots available to the follower, whilst a player has 12-13 items available, making playing a follower much less desirable since they have low power compared to the nephalem.

What about dieing?
If the follower normally ''dies'' they are normally ''downed'', reducing combat influence to null until a certain delay is expired. If a player controls a follower, one of the following will happen.
1: The follower will die, reducing durability of the items of the follower, causing the owner of the follower to need to pay the repair price of the equipment itself unless it is automatically removed from the follower player's gold amount.
2: The follower player will be unable to entirely die and be able to allow players the easy obtaining of normally impossible achievements such as killing cydea at hell whilst not wearing gear.

If we can solve those problems it is worth a shot.

followers ARE nephalems...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]