Diablo® III

What will you be dropping Blindin' Flash for?

Now that Blizz says they'll look at the SW snapshot exploit what will you be dropping Blindin' Flash for if at all?

I'll probably keep Blindin Flash unless they buff LTK or SSS to Barb skill levels.

As you know there is a LTK rune(Skorpion Sting) that removes the KB and replaces it w/ a stun. It could very easily take BF's role as a CC.

SSS even at 1777% weapon DMG and i-frames still isn't worth the 30 second kool down. A simple kool down reduction on SSS would deff make it more attractive.
Reply Quote
i just started gearing my monk was gearing with a blinding flash nerf in mind, im gonna be using fot and deadly reach along with combo strike solo, while in groups ill switch to cyclone strike (last rune) and guiding light unless theres an another monk which means i can use moh
Reply Quote
I would think Blizzard is smart enough (or hope) that the SW nerf will only affect gear swapping.

If that is not the case, then they may successfully turn this round of "buffs" into an outright nerf of the class.
Reply Quote
If it's not included in the SW snapshot, I'll probably drop it for Blazing Wrath.
Reply Quote
Exploding palm most pikely. No tornadoes? I'll make a bomb
Reply Quote
I would think Blizzard is smart enough (or hope) that the SW nerf will only affect gear swapping.

If that is not the case, then they may successfully turn this round of "buffs" into an outright nerf of the class.

Nothing else to say but this ^^
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:37 AMPosted by scrapz
Exploding palm most pikely. No tornadoes? I'll make a bomb
Even if they nurf SW via snapshot removal SW Cyclone will still be a staple.
Reply Quote
what is SW snapshot?
Reply Quote
4 Worgen Warrior
I don't know how they would go about it.They did say that the mantra spamming was ok so a direct nerf to SW is not likely.
Reply Quote
new crafting mats only dropping from elites is basically a nerf to white monster farming again, so I might just add tempest rush and exalted soul to my high mp build just to get from elite to elite quickly. Either that or replace blinding flash with SSS, always loved that spell.
Reply Quote
my top 3 choices are:

1. Exploding palm for high mp (solo)
2. Cyclone strke (specially for team play)
3. LTK scorpion sting rune (cases where stun is required, possibly pvp or uber run without CM wiz)

Hopefully though they improve (as they said they would) spirit spenders above enough to merit using them effectively instead of simply spamming mantra (which we know is effective as of now). Im hoping for more damage for cyclone strike (100% damage really doesnt cut it as it is actually less damaging than your one normal primary attack). Probably more damage and less spirit cost for EP and LTK.

@Wittster

If elite farming will be the way to go for 1.07, at least i can finally leave A3 ^_^ (VOA runs seems legit if all you want is elite farming)
Reply Quote
@kythe

I was thinking of VOA farming too, especially since the new crafting mat drop chance seems to be independant of NV stacks.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Wittster
crafting mat drop chance seems to be independant of NV stacks.
@.@!!!!
Reply Quote

No one like gear swap
Reply Quote
The SW snapshot with blinding flash to me was just a bonus and I'll most likely keep it in my setup. For me blinding flash is a get away tactic or a chance to regen health while not taking damage. I enjoy farming act 2 VOA/Oasis and for those spinning creatures (ignore my ignorance with their name) blinding flash stops there spinning saving tonnes of damage being received as I am sure it would prove just as effective on other creatures.
Reply Quote
Deadly Reach Foresight or Dashing Strike Quicksilver
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 1/12/2013 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not at all surprised they're going to nerf snapshotting SW. That just screams "bug" since there's no other skill in the game that works that way except for the mini-SW used by the air ally.

Blinding Flash with Faith in the Light is still a combination CC and burst damage ability that will be fairly useful without the snapshot trick.

However, if SSS is actually buffed to a useful level I'd like to try that out. Always liked the skill but it's hard to justify using it. Reduce the cooldown to 10 seconds and it'd see a lot more use, though.

I might also use Cyclone Strike if they buff the damage on that skill to useful level too. That would be kind of fun.
Reply Quote
Yeah, FitL becomes a CC/burst aid if it can't be captured by SW.
Reply Quote
ive dropped blinding flash so I could do combination strike with FoT and Deadly Reach.

I think my DPS is consistently higher this way but I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
ill use exploding palm, flesh is weak, on higher mps its great.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]