Diablo® III

Friends Account Has been Blocked

My friend who I used to play regularly with on multiplayer had had his account locked.
He is also a personal friend that visit me regularly. While he was visiting, he tried to log into Diablo with his username and password without realising the accounts are linked to you serial number.
He has since been locked out of his account and no matter how many times he tries, he cannot get a response from submitting a support ticket. They just will not reply to his email address.

We have tried contacting the phone number for Australia but it just diverts to the US and tells us to ring between the correct times. Is there nobody answering phones in Australia anymore?

He is a player that has spent real money on the RMAH and we find it frustrating that nobody will even bother to answer his emails or support tickets. It was an honest mistake and by no means should he have been totally banned for it.

I have now tried submitting a support ticket on his behalf to see if that helps, but I have my doubts.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with friends they game with, and if so, what steps did you take to fix the problem?
Reply Quote
a) does he use a Mobile Phone Authenticator? - if so he will have to send the activation code to his mobile and "unlock" his account

b) if he is not receiving the text message on his phone, try changing the phone settings to make sure he can definitely receive SMS txt messages

c) if this still does not work, fill out the automated form to "cancel mobile authenticator"
Reply Quote
he tried to log into Diablo with his username and password without realising the accounts are linked to you serial number.

I'm not sure I fully understand that. Do you mean game-key serial number, authenticator serial number?
Reply Quote
If you are on the East Coast ring early in the morning, if you are on the West Coast stay up and ring after 11pm.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Hypersonic
I'm not sure I fully understand that. Do you mean game-key serial number, authenticator serial number?

Yes, it appears you game key serial number is locked to your account. He was trying to log into Diablo on my computer using his email address and password and has since had his account blocked. Even the auto response when you log a ticket doesn't send an email to his address.

01/14/2013 01:20 AMPosted by DangerMouse
a) does he use a Mobile Phone Authenticator? - if so he will have to send the activation code to his mobile and "unlock" his account

He doesnt use a mobile phone authenticator.
Reply Quote
Hey!

When I first obtained the game I was also locked out. What you can do is re-change his password. After that when he tries to log in again - use his secret password to log in again. If it still doesn't let you proceed to play; keep doing this process. The system needs to understand it's you.

It's better explained on the internet, I'll try find it for you :)

(Try opening up a ticket also - and try use Firefox for your browser, I heard that works when obtaining/changing passwords)

P.S If he isn't receiving the emails he may need to add BLIZZARDS EMAIL to his safety list or to check his junk mail.
Edited by iloveugly#1363 on 1/14/2013 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]