Diablo® III

Looking for gearing advice

I am looking for input as to what kind of gear I should be working towards right now

My Barb's profile is @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darmival-1276/hero/66511

I'm pretty lost at the moment, kind of stuck on whether I should break my IK set up or not.

I only have around 150 million gold atm so I can't go godly items exactly.
Reply Quote
you really need to get 24% mov speed that is one of the most valuable stats even for doing non alkazier runs having the extra mov speed just makes the game play so much smoother and it makes any runs faster. Otherwise getting higher DPS weapons would probably be a huge upgrade for you.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Centerfoldy
you really need to get 24% mov speed

ya i usually run 24% movespeed during a3 farm runs. However, I tend to jus go 12% ms if I am farming mp5-mp6 for uber keys since I need the massive Vit off of my blackthorne pants
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Centerfoldy
Otherwise getting higher DPS weapons would probably be a huge upgrade for you.

what should I be looking for? and what price range would be reasonable?
Reply Quote
View profile
double tornado and no permawrath? There are other effective builds if you dont want to permawrath.

I'm assuming you cant keep wrath since you have 6ias on your gear. To get to permawrath you need more IAS and better weapons. If you dont use an EF you need a dagger in the OH at the very least. Your MH can go mace/axe. Here are my opinions: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248
Reply Quote
double tornado and no permawrath? There are other effective builds if you dont want to permawrath.

I'm assuming you cant keep wrath since you have 6ias on your gear. To get to permawrath you need more IAS and better weapons. If you dont use an EF you need a dagger in the OH at the very least. Your MH can go mace/axe.

Depends on what you mean by Perma-wrath. No I can't maintain Permawrath at low mp levels.
It is no problem at all on mp6 or above [ but its really inefficient for me to farm at mp lvls that high ]

i bought some ias type gear last night/today ( Mempo [ basically like the ones you have ], Ice Climbers, Vit/Crit Lacuni's, Sage's gloves w/ Res All+CC+IAS but I wasn't impressed with it.

I only lost a few k hp, I gained some res all, maintained similar armor, lost a little crit, but my aps had went from 1.57 / 1.73 aps to 2.01 / 2.2 aps

However, apparently the damage reduction from IK pieces is better mitigation than I thought.

I went from being able to kill stuff on a3-mp10 with ease [ but slow ] to not easily able to kill due to massive health spiking down and up.

I also missed the 5 piece iK bonus a lot. i like that fury gen passive
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/15/2013 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

I also missed the 5 piece iK bonus a lot. i like that fury gen passive

Why? Gimpy dps.

I know, thats why I asked for advice - but grabbing non-IK items made me enjoy the farming much less even though my aps was significantly higher AND it made me less durable.
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/16/2013 12:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
You cant just add ias without considering ehp changes. If you make bad gearing decisions to hit higher aps, you will break your set. Just like with any well optimized set, achieving aps goals is as important as ehp goals.

Kudos to building a set that can farm mp10 slowly. IMO that has little relevance for practical uses. I'd rather build a set that could farm efficiently at mid MP for as low a cost as possible. IMO that is a permawrath double tornado set.

I've debated whether permawrath/DT vs non permawrath builds in other threads. I'm not going to do it here. If you don't want to understand how to do it properly thats fine, different strokes for different folks. I never said you had to do it my way:

Reply Quote
Well I only see 3 pieces of IK set? If you really want to keep 3 (I only keep 2 for AR bonus) then your best bet is to ditch the belt (don't think you need that much LS at your DPS...but need to test) and go with the IK gloves.

I only say that because you don't have trifecta gloves so you might as well just go with the IK gloves...should be able to get similar or better stats then the gloves you are wearing for a decent price and then see if you can find a reasonably priced Witching Hour. That would probably give you a pretty big buff.

Upgrading your MH weapon will also definitely help you out a lot.
Reply Quote
Well I only see 3 pieces of IK set? If you really want to keep 3 (I only keep 2 for AR bonus) then your best bet is to ditch the belt (don't think you need that much LS at your DPS...but need to test) and go with the IK gloves.
Upgrading your MH weapon will also definitely help you out a lot.

ah my bad, I had logged out while I was flipping gear around to test different setups since I didn't just automatically re-sell the items I had picked up to test out having more attack speed.
Trust me though, I do have 5 pc IK.

My biggest problem with getting new weapons is I always worry that I overpayed or something because despite reading a lot of stuff, I still don't really get how to choose a weapon set - particularly the mainhand in terms of stats it should have on it.

** anyway I guess I'll just screw around and figure it out on my own. lol
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/17/2013 1:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]