Diablo® III

Don't confine duel areas!

View profile
I wish the quest system was like the old game where you could skip it entirely if you so chose, I loved that... but at the same time, there was a reason to quest if you wanted and that was nice... why was this game built on such a story driven basis that it broke the ability to change anything?
Reply Quote
Hahaha. I'm happy of the new content (nnnnot too sure about the new gems though? / ruby is fine, but rest........ was purely for someone to take advantage rather than make the community happier?)

Any!@#$%.. woop yea whatever. The game is fun and all, but I guess I'm still with the people against some various flaws.

Intended to be this and ended up being THAT. I'm happy with the game so I'll just blindly post this even if its at large.

I mean... you still do are working on ~ it ~ whatever the hell this means xD
Still lovin' it. Gotta warn you though........... we really really want more places to go <_<
We.. as of... I speak for everyone.

Main concern is that we all dont care if the story is done and over with despite it could be more than what it is atm... more = more... but we'll all agree the areas cant make someone happy to grind to lvl 100 paragon.
My watermelon just doesnt wanna compute that possibility. I'm 84 paragon annnnnnd no. Just no.

Happily it'll level a bit faster next patch?
But then, still, I dont think 100 levels of grinding can be done with these sameless mobs xD

Okai I'm done complaining (but that was fuN!) Thanks blizz!
Reply Quote
View profile

The world that you play through normally wasn't designed for player vs. player combat, so it doesn’t translate well to dueling. There are just too many variables that could wreak havoc during a duel: non-PvP friendly geometry, events, scripted sequences, monsters, level-up effects, portals, etc.

For example: What if someone duels a player while they have Leah (or another hireling) as a follower? What if someone accidentally clicks on an NPC and opens up a dialogue window or a vendor screen?

I say what I'm about to say in the best interest of this extremely high potential installment of the Diablo franchise.

What you said above is.....alarming.....to core players of the Diablo franchise.

Your above comments confirm what many of us have been suspecting all along; A profound disconnect with core Diablo fans and what we truly hold dear to this franchise.

We just want to wild out and go nuts, in respect to PvP. We won't get angry if our random fights may spill out into the PvE world.

We won't get angry if someone has Leah as a follower.

We don't care about how our silly battles "translate" into this virtual world.

"non-PvP friendly geometry"........uhhhh? D2 PvP was EXTREMELY popular among core fans. Do you corporate types actually think that we would say to each other, back in the day, "Man this D2 PvP really sucks because of the non-PvP friendly geometry"? Do you?

Do you really?

Oh no, monsters have ruined my duel......dangit.

Really?

All the above nuisances you've described are actually the kinda thing we want. You guys just don't get it. Diablo PvP is supposed to be the wild west of PC gaming. Where's the attitude with this game? It has none. No bite, no grit.

We DON'T want sterile, organized arenas. We don't want rules. We don't want confines.

You guys HAVE TO know by now that we're not very happy with what you've presented us thus far. PvP being absent should've been viewed by Blizz as absolutely taboo......cannot let that happen.

But yet....here we are, over 8 months later and you guys still haven't given it up (PvP). Worse yet, you're still espousing errant views of what Diablo fans want in regard to PvP.

What's sad about this mess is that the wild west, no holds barred open world dueling is the SIMPLEST ADDITION YOU COULD MAKE that would have a dramatic effect of retaining the D3 player-base.

Stop worrying so much about whats gonna mess up what, how this won't jive with that......JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!!

PLEASE......pretty please with cheese please just knock off the corporate nonsense and get it through your heads.......just let us go nuts dueling and move on tho other areas of the game.

Please.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Lylirra
I dont understand why so much time was wasted to create new maps for duelling which have no purpose other than for duels, which they state are just for fun, no reward, no added benefit...

The world that you play through normally wasn't designed for player vs. player combat, so it doesn’t translate well to dueling. There are just too many variables that could wreak havoc during a duel: non-PvP friendly geometry, events, scripted sequences, monsters, level-up effects, portals, etc.

Pardon me for saying so but that's kind of exactly what makes PvP in the world fun.

Stop telling us how we should be playing the game and let us play the way WE want to play. It is possible for us to have fun outside the boundaries of your own definition of fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/17/2013 03:56 AMPosted by Mith

Pardon me for saying so but that's kind of exactly what makes PvP in the world fun.

Stop telling us how we should be playing the game and let us play the way WE want to play. It is possible for us to have fun outside the boundaries of your own definition of fun.

Exactly.

There are far more pressing matters, like making itemization far more dynamic, than for them to be wringing their brains dry, 8 MONTHS AFTER LAUNCH, as to how to best incorporate PvP into D3.

Let us duel, where we want, when we want, without silly special areas, limitations and this utter tripe about "non-PvP friendly geometry" and "variables".

I swear.....it's like Blizz is gathering the greatest scientific minds on the planet, the most extraordinary engineers in the world, in order to finally replace the light bulb on the front porch that burned out EIGHT MONTHS AGO!!!!!!

Y'all better figure out how to replace that bulb before the people whom live there move out.

Kapeesh?
Reply Quote
View profile
I really want Blizz to read this thread thoroughly.

It is a critical error to continue down this path of wanton separation form Diablo 2.

There are certain key elements that most certainly should have been transferred to D3.

Removing cows....huge insult to the core fans.

Killing Cain....utter blasphemy!!!

No duels.......or at best, duels confined to sterile, lifeless areas......the fatal blow.

Y'all better think about this real hard. History will judge you guys harshly for the three items listed above. ....oh and tell your bosses that they will be judged through declining revenues if they don't make things right with D3.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Lylirra

Blood Moor wasn't created for dueling either, yet it served as an Excellent dueling ground for PvP.

With that being said, i'm sure outside of town dueling is soon to be true, its the only way people can continue to duel in an Open world.

Closed world duels feel way to restricted.
Reply Quote
/dnd

would fix the duel request spam griefing.

Why should a player have to keep a DND status up (potentially at all times) just to avoid possible griefing? =/

I dont understand. What is the problem with having a toggle that you can check if you are willing to duel anyone at any time, anywhere? Both players have to have the toggle enabled in order for damage to be dealt. Essentially, by selecting the toggle, you are giving permission for anyone to duel you wherever you are, which is what most people want in a dueling system.

If someone does not want to be griefed, they simply play the way they normally would, ignoring the toggle, and therefore dont have to worry about dueling at all.

As for the "environment is not suitable because of 'what if's'", it seemed to work ok in D2..
Edited by kweagle#1932 on 1/17/2013 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dear Lylirra,

Thanks for the in depth response and behind the scenes info. I only played WoW for a short time in the original and Burning Crusade and to date is one of my favorite is still one of my favorite games.

I'm not sure what the state of it is now or what features have been changed. However, remember in PvE servers how you could just go hostile and could not attack other players but if they too wanted to be able to attack the other faction they can flag on and fight?

It's not about spamming and "requesting permission" from the other players or that they would need to contact the other people for pvp. In fact there shouldnt even be an option to ask for duel, request to fight etc. Just simply if you want to go hostile you do so yourself and if someone else wanted to they would flag on as well.

Zero interaction with the other person required to go hostile. 100% player decision. No harassment, no spam.

Thanks,
Astynax
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
Not presently. If you have any suggestions, now's the time to provide them!

What if people are in act 2 in a public game, get in a convo about whose character is better, but they would have to completely leave the game to start an act 1 game to duel? bad idea, most people would rather not duel and they'd end up losing their nephalem valor stacks too

right click-> duel should be allowed only by friends or people in the game with you. Random people spam would be bad.

Also, why not have an "accepting dueling invites toggle", similar to dnd, where the player can easily change whether or not he can receive duel invites (setting on or off). If it's set to off, the player who initially requested the duel should receive a message saying "Sorry, the player you wish to duel is currently not accepting dueling invites."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Omg i love this thread it finally explains all why this game is a FAILURE!!!!
Better gather all ur ''supergenius'' to read it carefully and tap them in the back of their heads enough so they can fell off their chairs then kick them in the ribs for giving a game the name it dosent deserve at all.
Pretty please plz plz plz
Reply Quote

We've heavily talked about adding NPCs in each Act hub, rather than just having the one in New Tristram to give players more flexibility, and there is/will be a dedicated PvP channel to help would-be duelers find other willing participants. Even so, we'll be paying close attention to your feedback from the PTR, so please let us know about your experiences and what you feel could be improved.

This. I love this idea, as long as the NPCs "link" to the same area. Right now, going back to Act 1 is inconvenient, as it means I'll lose whatever I was doing. Having a few minutes of casual PVP before/after a run would be awesome. In my case, it means I'd use the feature more.
Reply Quote
I agree also - dueling is fine and I am a harsh critic

The gems are a joke but the dueling is great start - inventive players are doing well right now.. Let it play out

To give some feedback on the new gems why not have:
150% cd emeralds
200 damage rubies
8% ias topaz
3% life steal amethyst

completely agree! LS gems pls. the AH insanity for LS items with cd and open socket will recede a little with LS and high output CD gems.
Reply Quote
plus as a side note, gems being crazy expensive isnt a problem as they are relatively easy and fast to farm, however a lucky roll on a weapon? lol... GO GEMS
Reply Quote
View profile
Is anyone reading my ideas as all... :(
Reply Quote
@Lylirra:

When you say there would be too many variables to make open world pvp viable, have you considered the fact that players adapt?

There was open world pvp back in D2 and it wasnt designed for pvp either, guess what? people adapted to it.

It was very fun to stay safely in town watching other people duel, of course there was griefing, but people adapts & learn to deal with it, its part of the fun.

In the worst case, have you ever considered the creation of "empty" games for the sole purpose of Dueling? I mean: no NPC, no quest, no scripted sequences... maybe just creatures, that seems pretty easy to do.

Under my point of view, limiting pvp to a certain map designed for that sole purpose makes me feel im 8 years old driven by hand in a world where all is pre-calculated, secure and so hyper-balanced it looses the fun and the surprise factor.
Edited by Tor0#2444 on 1/17/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote

For example: What if someone duels a player while they have Leah (or another hireling) as a follower? What if someone accidentally clicks on an NPC and opens up a dialogue window or a vendor screen?

I say what I'm about to say in the best interest of this extremely high potential installment of the Diablo franchise.

What you said above is.....alarming.....to core players of the Diablo franchise.

Your above comments confirm what many of us have been suspecting all along; A profound disconnect with core Diablo fans and what we truly hold dear to this franchise.

We just want to wild out and go nuts, in respect to PvP. We won't get angry if our random fights may spill out into the PvE world.

We won't get angry if someone has Leah as a follower.

We don't care about how our silly battles "translate" into this virtual world.

"non-PvP friendly geometry"........uhhhh? D2 PvP was EXTREMELY popular among core fans. Do you corporate types actually think that we would say to each other, back in the day, "Man this D2 PvP really sucks because of the non-PvP friendly geometry"? Do you?

Do you really?

Oh no, monsters have ruined my duel......dangit.

Really?

All the above nuisances you've described are actually the kinda thing we want. You guys just don't get it. Diablo PvP is supposed to be the wild west of PC gaming. Where's the attitude with this game? It has none. No bite, no grit.

We DON'T want sterile, organized arenas. We don't want rules. We don't want confines.

You guys HAVE TO know by now that we're not very happy with what you've presented us thus far. PvP being absent should've been viewed by Blizz as absolutely taboo......cannot let that happen.

But yet....here we are, over 8 months later and you guys still haven't given it up (PvP). Worse yet, you're still espousing errant views of what Diablo fans want in regard to PvP.

What's sad about this mess is that the wild west, no holds barred open world dueling is the SIMPLEST ADDITION YOU COULD MAKE that would have a dramatic effect of retaining the D3 player-base.

Stop worrying so much about whats gonna mess up what, how this won't jive with that......JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!!

PLEASE......pretty please with cheese please just knock off the corporate nonsense and get it through your heads.......just let us go nuts dueling and move on tho other areas of the game.

Please.

completely agree. it's truely sad that these developers simply do not understand what made d2 so special. at first, i read lylirra's post and wanted to make myself believe that she's just grasping for straws and making up excuses off the top of her head to calm the core players from d2 that still have faith in this "sequel." i mean really? they can't allow for open world pvp due to geometry, monsters, portals, and npcs!? which part of THAT IS WHAT MADE D2 DUELING FUN don't these developers understand? it seems like they like to cater to the new generation of gamers and make d3 as friendly and as secure as possible...cause you know, slaughtering demons and orcs should be all as friendly as ponies, teddy bears, and rainbows. this cm's post finally confirms what i have suspected all along, these developers simply do not understand what made d2 great. did they really think i bought a sequel to a game only to see a majority of the features from d2 completely removed because according to the developers and cm's, all of those features were "not fun." what ever happened to don't fix what's not broken and keep the same core mechanisms from d2 and ADD ON to that instead of REMOVING them. the only logical explanation that I can think of to account for how different d3 is compared to d2 is that this new group of developers are beyond arrogant and selfish, and instead of producing a great SEQUEL, they wanted to use d3 to establish their own marks in their respective fields of work. sad to see my 8+ years of anticipation for naught because of these incompetent developers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]