Diablo® III

Whats the difference...

between Aussie/NZ bro's and Americans.. I just don't get it. Every now and then I have a look at the main forum hoping to catch some insight by players more serious than me. As a casual gamer with kids I only play when I have time.

The general forum is full of trolls, whingers, people bagging out others for their choice of gameplay (to use or not to use the RMAH?). Sometimes it even puts me off wanting to play the game...

When I come to the Aussie/NZ forum page, I get a much better feeling about the game and its future.

For the record, love D3, loved D1 & D2, hoping for many more hours of looting and smashing demons.....
Reply Quote
Historically, Blizzard general forums have been a cesspool of trolls and whingers. For anyone who has been a forum member long enough, this is hardly a surprise. Being a forum moderator on Blizzard forums seems to be either a really bad job or the pay is terrible.

So why is the ANZ forum cleaner? It's partly because of low traffic and partly because of the nature of the forum. If you look at class forums, technical support or whatever, the posts mostly go by the rules and intention of that particular forum.

As for general, if you want to make some noise, where else would you go?
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/15/2013 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with Hypersonic

The General forum is always full of useless noise on every forum ever made if it has any popularity whatsoever.
Reply Quote
Well, just to clarify a bit.

(INSERT OP TITLE HERE) between Aussie/NZ bro's and Americans.. I just don't get it.

The general forum is full of trolls, whingers.....

Be careful of what you say man, you're putting an "only American" stamp on the general foum, you have to look at in a different light then that. With it being "general" you get people from all over the world.

01/15/2013 01:54 AMPosted by Hypersonic
If you look at class forums, technical support or whatever, the posts mostly go by the rules and intention of that particular forum.

Now this is a logical assumtion back up with some factual information.
If you don't like the general forum stay out, that is what I would say. You can use the ANZ forum as a general, thats what I do. I seldom post on general forums, I mostly post things on here of class forums.
Reply Quote
perhaps people down this end of the world are just a bit less serious?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]