Diablo® III

Can't Install! Unexpected Decryption Error

I downloaded the client 2 times from battle.net and when I try to install the PTR it keeps saying, "An unexpected decryption error occurred. Please contact customer support."

And after I click ok. It closes. Help!

Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
drunky,

This sounds like you might have an older version of the game or PTR still hanging around. If so, you should remove them. Also, make sure you install the PTR into it's own folder, not your existing Diablo III folder.
Reply Quote
Where can I go about finding the PTR folder and removing it? Looked through my Diablo 3 folder and didn't see any PTR. Also tried to install to a new folder different from my Diablo 3 and same problem.

I believe I have the right version of the game because I can log in fine.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
drunky,

Are you manually closing the installer possibly before it finishes?
Reply Quote
No I am not.

It just shows the same window with the error and it stays there until I click "ok" and it closes by itself. Should I just try a reinstall of Diablo 3?

I'm on fiber optics so it wouldn't take long to do so just wondering if there's any easier fix.

Thanks for your time.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
drunky,

You need to install the PTR into it's own folder, not the existing Diablo III folder. It's a completely separate client and you don't want to replace any existing retail files with PTR files.

I'd look for any older PTR installs and delete them. By default, for Windows 7, the folder would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Public Test.

I've only seen that error with Diablo III back when the game first came out and we had people with the Beta still installed or closing the installer before it was finished. I've never seen it happen any other time so I'd think it's related to those scenarios.

If you can't find any, go ahead and reinstall the PTR using the "run as an administrator" option.
Reply Quote
same here, I just downloaded the "Diablo-III-Public-Test-Setup-enGB" from the server, choose a different folder to install, then: "An unexpected decryption error occurred. Please contact customer support."

I must tell you that I was respected everything you sad, and i was never instaled a ptr before.
Edited by Phillip#2510 on 2/11/2013 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]