Diablo® III

Top DPS Barbs and Item Cheating?

I was just perusing the top DPS barbs as listed at http://www.diabloprogress.com/us/rating.stat_dps_unbuffed/class.barbarian/ and realized that 4 out of the 5 top Barbs have EXACTLY the same amulet!

I haven't checked any of their other gear but this leads me to the following question. What is the probability that EXACTLY the same amulet drops enough times that these 4 players and probably more have ended up buying them?

If the chance of this happening is as low as I imagine it must be, has someone hacked D3 and somehow multiplied this item and sold them off at surely some very high price?

The item in question is a Rare "Teeming Necklace":

+23-57 Damage
+256 Strength
+226 Vitality
Crit Hit Damage +100%
Crit Hit Chance +10%

Is it possible for this EXACT amulet to drop multiple times? Wouldn't we at least see slight variations in the stats?

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
You're just figuring this out now? LOL
Edited by Snazzy50#1913 on 1/15/2013 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you post this in general, they'll insist that "rng is rng" and the more skeptical might say its the result of item rollbacks.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/15/2013 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 08:37 PMPosted by silverfire
If you post this in general, they'll insist that "rng is rng" and the more skeptical might say its the result of item rollbacks.

RNG is indeed RNG in certain aspects (such as legendary drops etc) but when 28 players have the same exact values on the same exact affixes that happens to be godly, it certainly questions how much RNG had to do with it and raises the point of cheating
Reply Quote
I know, I'm just commenting on how a surprisingly high amount of people deny the exist of duping even when it's staring them in the face.
Reply Quote
they could be lazy and not upade their diabloprogress is one thing but idk smells like duping
Reply Quote
probably got duped a bit and they all bought it
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 09:47 PMPosted by butterstraw
they could be lazy and not upade their diabloprogress is one thing but idk smells like duping

Oh for the love of...

IT IS A DUPE. MannerCookie, Fookya, and I called this over two months ago that this amulet would be duped. We provided proof, we showed the circumstances, and condensed it in one tidy little thread that clearly needs to be written in crayons if you and others are still thinking, "maybe...".

For the love of Christ, think!
Reply Quote
I laff so hard.......now there are 4 of these amulets lololololol

Keep it up dupers, lets see how many of this ammy is ganna get duped...

I knew this day would come lol
Reply Quote
Im surprised theres only 5 copies.
Reply Quote
I laff so hard.......now there are 4 of these amulets lololololol

Keep it up dupers, lets see how many of this ammy is ganna get duped...

I knew this day would come lol

This.
Reply Quote
They need to start duping that item over my way :D Ammy is beast!
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:21 PMPosted by acrimony

Oh for the love of...

IT IS A DUPE. MannerCookie, Fookya, and I called this over two months ago that this amulet would be duped. We provided proof, we showed the circumstances, and condensed it in one tidy little thread that clearly needs to be written in crayons if you and others are still thinking, "maybe...".

For the love of Christ, think!
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17730069 ?

Yeah, looks dodgy as hell. bet blizzard is doing exactly squat about it, too :(
Reply Quote
Thanks for all of the interesting info. A quick google on Item Duping shows how it's done which involves faking a hacked account and having Blizzard restore the "lost" item to the original owner while graciously allowing a third party to keep the item that's now been duped through a "hack and sell" con job.

This also explained EXACTLY why Blizzard won't do anything about these duped items; because in their eyes, these items are semi-legit!

Ultimately in the long run, those items will only end up in the hand of the richest players willing to put the most money into making their characters the best of the best which is fine I guess. If you're willing to throw loads of real money at a virtual world to make your balls feel digitally bigger, then all the power to ya! :P hahahaha

I'll stick to feeling fairly proud that I've gamed and played the markets hard and have built up the character I have and the real money sitting in my RMAH account without having spent a dollar more than the cost of the game itself. :D

Again, thanks for all the great info regarding my question everyone. :)
Reply Quote
Unfortunate for them to have invested billions into a pve char. Whats sad is by that point farming is kind of pointless because you will never be able to farm fast enough to make any progress in terms of gear upgrade.
Reply Quote
yeah that's duped, !@#$in blizz
Reply Quote
what makes you think blizz isnt behind it?
Reply Quote
because if blizz was... they would simply rename the duped item, modify one or two of the stats on it.. by +/- 1, and we'd still be in the dark.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 08:37 PMPosted by silverfire

Item rollback is duping. You are using Blizzard's ability to roll back your "hacked" account to trick them into duping items for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]