Diablo® III

Paging Recount/others. Ready for a breakdown

Greetings all.

I've geared up for probably 30-40mil total. I've got 10m in the bank and saving. Had one big drop which allowed me to buy the knife and essentially outfit myself with a Zuni set.

I've never spent more than 10mil on one item (the knife) but I feel like I need to spend at least that much on anything new at this point so I've just been saving up. Not sure where the funds would be best served first. I don't earn money fast enough to waste it.

My first thoughts are:
Vile wards to improve int/life % at shoulders while retaining my only PUR spot
More balanced belt to improve DPS. Possibly blackthorns to retain EHP along with pants. WH just seems out of my price range right now without giving up all VIT/Life%/AR.
Are any of My Zuni pieces easily replaceable with better versions? I have trouble valuing these things.

Facts to know:

I predominantly use WOS with various secondary attacks. IAS is not all bad for my playstyle.
I tend (up to this point) to gear defensively first.
I've been farming MP5, deaths are rare.
I'm PVE focused, casual 1-2 nights a week player.

My ultimate goal is not MP10 or PL100, just want to be a solid group contributor on higher level Key farming groups Ubers.

Much appreciated. Hope to see you all in game sooner or later.

Zuggles#1174
Reply Quote
If you are using acid cloud I'd recommend using a Visage of Giyua with acid CC and CC.
I would buy a pox to re-complete your zuni set bonus. You can also get Skull grasp or stone of jordan with +spirit barrage damage though with the PVP notes people have been jacking up the prices just look for a deal.

I would try to get a witching hour with some chance to freeze and gloves with chance to stun, they work nicely in an AC build. Even if you start with a basic witching hour you can make up the loss of EHP on other pieces (like Jousting with more vit or sockets or change the int gems to vit gems in your body).

A basic witching hour will boost your dps the most/gil spent with your current set up.
When you have more money I would suggest you also do lacuni prowlers for the 24% movement.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 1/18/2013 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for your input Jimbob.

I did get finally a low end WH belt this weekend with Life % to offset he loss of vit and AR. Got me up over 100k dps. Survivability seems ok still in MP5. The CD on it sucks but I think the extra 50 or so Int over all the other belts in that price range should help offset it.

I agree with you on switching to Visage when possible. I actually use Swarm as much as AC so I may go that route for cost savings initially. The biggest hurdle has been that I've been unable to get a Zuni Pox that compares remotely to what I'm wearing (that I can afford) so that Pox+Visage combo will have to wait a little while.
Reply Quote
Hello Zuggles,

TBH I am not too familiar with WOS, I've only tried it a couple of times. So I won't be able to give you too much of an input in that mater.

One thing though, if you are using AC or Locust swarm in group key farms, I would suggest switching out jungle fort for bad medicine. It will work better for group play. 20% for everyone instead of 15% for yourself (assuming you will always keep LS up).

BBV is also good for group play (if placed correctly) the rune choice is really up to you.

As far as gear, I approve what jimbob said.

I would also consider replacing that ruby on your helm with an amethyst, since you don't really get too much exp from high MP key runs anyway. That way you can sac some life% or even vit from your other pieces of gear for more offensive stats.

I do not believe you need the LOH on your amulet, if that was the case I would try to get a similar ammy with either AS or CC.

Also, if you do come across mana issues I would switch out Jaunt for Honored Guest.

One more thing you can do (but probably not possible with your budget) is to find a SOJ with %SB. Unfortunately.. these are going for a fortune!

Good luck bro!
Reply Quote
Thanks. Trying out the gem switch on MP5. I had sort of forgotten about bad medicine so that makes sense.

Keeping the LOH for now since I can't really afford similar stats while adding IAS to the ammy. I tend to go back with AC as a "safety button" to heal up on ubers so for now its nice to have the combined LOH + LS. Again I tend to go defensive by default, usually I'm the last to die in a group so that's worth something I suppose.

I'll work toward the rest of the gear advice as I save up. Cheers.
Reply Quote
If you are using acid cloud I'd recommend using a Visage of Giyua with acid CC and CC.
I would buy a pox to re-complete your zuni set bonus. You can also get Skull grasp or stone of jordan with +spirit barrage damage though with the PVP notes people have been jacking up the prices just look for a deal.

ya, tell me about it...hindsight is 20/20 i guess. I bought an overpriced 6/30 SOJ yesterday with +spirit barrage just for PvP. I paid double what i could have got it for a month ago lol...oh well, i don't think that it is getting any cheaper anytime soon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]