Diablo® III

Woulda been sick

View profile
if we had been unable to level past paragon 10 unless we had cleared all of inferno on mp1. And then leveling past 20 would be unlocked by fully clearing mp2 and so on.

This game coulda been so sick. Hopefully Blizz has something crazy planned for next patch.
Reply Quote
that actually would of been pretty sick. its a damn shame they didnt think about that being the real end game.
Reply Quote
nice idea...would definitely make the game go further...
Reply Quote
Honestly... so much about this game is so well done (the graphic designers... worth their salt) and at the same time so much has been piss poor and resembling a meta-die... let's just throw some !@#$ on the wall and see what sticks, go with that, then patch patch ptch patch hwefowefoiwe etc until some mess emerges... $$$ yet?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the TRUE game design talent LEFT Blizzard w/ the infarction of Blizzard North and the D2 team...

We are left with game mechanic noobs who have been splattering experiments and weakly tested ideas across their user base for almost 9 months.

At least the engineers behind this product (and I mean the guys writing the code, drawing the bitmaps etc) make it palatable.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Bnetplayer
if we had been unable to level past paragon 10 unless we had cleared all of inferno on mp1. And then leveling past 20 would be unlocked by fully clearing mp2 and so on.

One step further...you only get experience in that mp level.

The rewards would have to be a lot better than they are now though.
Reply Quote
D2 when it first launched was pretty awful in many ways. There were barely any unique items that were any good. You completely ruined your character if you put points into almost any skill in the early game or put points into energy. To be an elite player you had to run around meleeing with a muled Khalim's flail until level 30ish. A lot of what people remember as being so amazing was added in the expansion or later, and the game was pretty easy. Half the challenge of HC was just that so many monsters had crazy immunities or "extra strong" monsters of some types could one-shot you suddenly. It's not like the game is really that much better than D3. I think D3 is on the right track. There are definitely some flaws.

As for the OP's suggestion, I kind of like just feeling free to do whatever after I clear inferno once on MP0.
Reply Quote
I like that idea.
Reply Quote
so paragon 50 at mp5 and paragon 6 at mp6 ? please , i dont think any1 would spend 400-500m to get gears to play on that mp . My gears now are around 500m and i can't even solo mp2 . Good to have something new but bad idea
Reply Quote
So... all you need to do is load up your diablo quest on MP whatever.

What a great idea.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 12:37 AMPosted by BunnyBear
so paragon 50 at mp5 and paragon 6 at mp6 ? please , i dont think any1 would spend 400-500m to get gears to play on that mp . My gears now are around 500m and i can't even solo mp2 . Good to have something new but bad idea

aww poor bunny. are u sure? cuz i can build u something with less than 100m and u can rock mp3
Reply Quote
Bad idea, coz :

1. Self found players would in best case scenario reach mp1 and then hit the wall, once they hit the wall, they would be getting lame items, no exp, which would make their game senseless, self found players are out...

2. Players with no money, many players out there have chars that are worth less than 10mil, you figure they can go beyond mp1 ? Think again... no exp, no mf, senseless grind... players with no money are out as well..

3. Mp10, doable ? yes with barbs, wat happens to more squishy classes ? You figure there would be many DH's in hc doin mp10 ? will there be one at all ? Basically you're telling every other class - no matter what you do, no matter how much money you spend you will never reach 100... not a good move coz players would be pissed and probably leave the game

4. End game is a weak one, so players basically farm for items, most of the players farm lower mps, if they were to do so without getting the exp, u sure they would stick around ?

5. The higher you go in mp, the less efficient your exp farming is, you figure people would bother that much to kill monsters without even getting that much exp, I mean, clearing an act in 3 hrs ???

6. Now lets say, there are players who are pro this idea, and they can do it and progress, however if 70% of the others leave the game, the remaining 30% wont be able to sell their items, wont be able to play with others, wont be able to buy better gear coz suddenly there are much less items since nobody aint playing the game....the game would die leaving only top geared players and those would leave pretty soon as well...

Hence, its a really bad idea.....
Edited by Smithey77#2936 on 1/6/2013 3:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]