Diablo® III

Remove NV from existance

dont do it!
Reply Quote
Of course some scrub will complain that its still not casual enough because he can't enjoy all the bonuses of the game in his 5 minute sessions in between browsing twitter or w/e scrubs do today.

They play Real Life™ between D3 sessions.
Reply Quote
permanent NV at Paragon 100
Reply Quote
Hhahahhahhahahah remove NV? Lets remove one of the few end game things we have left, lets also get rid of ubers, infernal machines, all bosses, and act 3 all togather.
Reply Quote
NV stacks are great, finding ivl58 legends repeatedly in the same game that are completely and utterly worthless is not.

NV great
Finding ivl.58 shades Pisses you off to no end.
Reply Quote
ill say this, boss drops are deplorable

should ensure atleast a crap legendary at the minimum per boss fight(ESPECIALLY ON NORMAL,NIGHTMARE, HELL) its sad how bad boss drops are
Reply Quote
im confused, i farm mp 10 normal with 400 base mf a2 for leoric's signet and find 1 legendary an hour. should it not be a higher percentage?
Reply Quote
Just another duecebag from EU lol. Cheers! :P
Reply Quote
Rather than re-wording posts I've made in the past to make it seem like I'm saying some new and shiny, I'm going to link you to a response I provided on a similar subject a weeks back.

BOOM: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004017081?page=3#47

To make things a little easier, here are all the replies I posted in that discussion as well:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004017081?page=3#54

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004017081?page=8#158

I don't mind NV, but I think the current drop rate of rare items should be reduced at max valor. I love early game because rare items actually feel rare, while endgame feels the complete opposite. Identifying countless yellows in one run ruins the satisfaction of finding them in the first place. I would deeply appreciate it if the current system can be reworked into something more reasonable for everyone playing. If not, please allow us to enable or disable the feature all together.

lol if they changed it to like early game, ever rare would be crap because atm you need to id over 1000 rares to get maby 2 that are decent rofl, up the quality or change the 100% rng kinda funny there
Reply Quote
Mother god.. So you cry about loosing stack of NV on disconnect ?

What about players loosing their HC characters ?

Oh, I forgot that you loose your precious 5 stacks of NV.. Which you can re-gain in 5 minutes...

Sorry..
Reply Quote
NV is a great system. I understand however that sometimes it can "urge" you to play, but as you can read in the quote: they want to adress that in the future.

-What I sometimes find bad about NVs is in public games: After you got 4 NVs you notice that your team is not realy playing, they are more like following and selling every blue.. also they are not activly helping you killing big guys, they rather randomly portal to town or open every destructible.. In these cases NV is so annoying because you can't leave being stuck in a game that doesn't continue...
Reply Quote
OP is either trolling or the biggest whiner ever.
We have seen a number of whiners, but this guy takes the cake.
Reply Quote
+1 i dont like NV
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 06:19 AMPosted by CardinalMDM
Players are encouraged to use the dynamic skill system of Diablo 3, and they are no longer punished for playing around with any builds or alteration of skills they think of while farming. Right now, i think many players are almost scared of changing a skill to break their efficiency, and because of that they will keep playing the cookie cutter over and over again.

Here's where you lose me. I was really listening up to about here...

Yes, you're right, players are encouraged to use the dynamic skill system of Diablo 3 to experiment and try new things and see what works best for THEM. However, here's the thing...

By the time you hit level 60, you've done two things...1) you've become familiar with the game's story arc, quest line and beginning to end flow. So you have a pretty good idea of what dangers you'll face, what bosses can do, and what problems your skill build needs to accommodate. 2) You've unlocked access to all the skills and runes your class is going to have available, and thus, you should also have a good idea of what works with what.

Not saying that ALL your experimenting will happen ONLY between levels 1-60, and Paragon leveling 1-100 will involve the same nine skill choices, absolutely not, there will surely be changes a player wants to make after they hit Skill Level 60 (as I call it). However, in order to keep ANY semblance of commitment to a particular build, the NV system is perfect.

Diablo 2 FORCED you to stick with your skill point choices, and total through a character's journey, they have a maximum of three chances to respec their points, and that's IF they make it to Hell difficulty. If they're having major trouble with Normal, they get one chance, and if that doesn't fix things, they gotta start over. Diablo 3 lets people choose whatever skills they want whenever they want, and like you said, it limits people during a run...but...why can't people just wait till the run is over? I do it all the time.

I send a character out to grind or farm or both, I get my five stacks, and when I'm done with the game I'm in, I start a new one, change my skills around and see how it works. If it's really a problem, I sacrifice only a stack or two.

Basically, aside from side quest things like Key Farming, that REQUIRE five stacks, this system should be seen simply as a bonus. You're TEMPORARILY giving up your freedom to switch out skills for optimal encounters and moments for additional MF, GF and XP. Different skills are definitely better suited for different situations, and giving up that freedom and sticking to one play style temporarily should offer you a bonus, as it may end up making battle slightly harder especially, like you said, if you discover a change you'd like to make to your build mid-skirmish.

TLDR: The Nephalem Valor system is NOT NOT NOT trying to say to players "don't switch skills! look how much better it is NOT switching your skills." It's trying to say, "you're making the game harder for yourself by not switching your skills every eight steps, here's a bonus."

^ this right here.
Reply Quote
What about changing it so you only lose one stack (rather than all of them) if you change skills? NV essentially becomes a running count of how many packs you can down with the same build. So, let's say I'm running around with build X and three NV stacks, but I come across a pack that would best be handled by a skill change.

1. I change skills, dropping to 2 NV stacks.
2. I kill the pack, bringing me back to 3 NV stacks.
3. I change my skills back, bringing me back down to 2 again.

Instant penalty for switching, but it's not crippling. And it still encourages you to stick with one build for most of your kills.

Great idea.
Reply Quote
Fine.

Let's remove NV.

No guarantee drops.

No bonus EXP, MF or GF.

Key and organ drops don't require 5 NV to drop.

Base everything on how much MF you can get via paragon or gear.
Reply Quote
never remove NV. stop QQ, work on other things, thanks.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 08:23 PMPosted by SonOfTibbs

Here's where you lose me. I was really listening up to about here...

Yes, you're right, players are encouraged to use the dynamic skill system of Diablo 3 to experiment and try new things and see what works best for THEM. However, here's the thing...

By the time you hit level 60, you've done two things...1) you've become familiar with the game's story arc, quest line and beginning to end flow. So you have a pretty good idea of what dangers you'll face, what bosses can do, and what problems your skill build needs to accommodate. 2) You've unlocked access to all the skills and runes your class is going to have available, and thus, you should also have a good idea of what works with what.

Not saying that ALL your experimenting will happen ONLY between levels 1-60, and Paragon leveling 1-100 will involve the same nine skill choices, absolutely not, there will surely be changes a player wants to make after they hit Skill Level 60 (as I call it). However, in order to keep ANY semblance of commitment to a particular build, the NV system is perfect.

Diablo 2 FORCED you to stick with your skill point choices, and total through a character's journey, they have a maximum of three chances to respec their points, and that's IF they make it to Hell difficulty. If they're having major trouble with Normal, they get one chance, and if that doesn't fix things, they gotta start over. Diablo 3 lets people choose whatever skills they want whenever they want, and like you said, it limits people during a run...but...why can't people just wait till the run is over? I do it all the time.

I send a character out to grind or farm or both, I get my five stacks, and when I'm done with the game I'm in, I start a new one, change my skills around and see how it works. If it's really a problem, I sacrifice only a stack or two.

Basically, aside from side quest things like Key Farming, that REQUIRE five stacks, this system should be seen simply as a bonus. You're TEMPORARILY giving up your freedom to switch out skills for optimal encounters and moments for additional MF, GF and XP. Different skills are definitely better suited for different situations, and giving up that freedom and sticking to one play style temporarily should offer you a bonus, as it may end up making battle slightly harder especially, like you said, if you discover a change you'd like to make to your build mid-skirmish.

TLDR: The Nephalem Valor system is NOT NOT NOT trying to say to players "don't switch skills! look how much better it is NOT switching your skills." It's trying to say, "you're making the game harder for yourself by not switching your skills every eight steps, here's a bonus."

^ this right here.

boom. dead on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]