Diablo® III

Remove NV from existance

eVEN WITH 5 nV ON INFERNO DROP RATES ARE HORRINDOUSLY BAD 5 NV DEFEATING DIABLO AND NOT A SINGLE YELLOW? AND THE BLUES THAT DROP ARE UTTER CRAP THAT YOU WOULD ONLY USE IN HELL MOD OR LOWER. This is not an isolated event in the least
Reply Quote
BoyBlue
Great idea to remove NV at Para100
i suppot this 100%
Reply Quote
To the op,

The solution to your *dislikes* is rather simple, ignore NV, play your game as if NV wasn't there, change stats as much as you like, live your dungeon life at full speed. In and out, On and Off as you please or at your own convenience.

PS. Theres no need to thank me. But if you insist you can send me a tortilla. :D *jk*
Edited by BrubakerUK#6145 on 1/11/2013 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nephalem Valor is a band-aid on the gaping wound in Character Development's head.

Paragon Levels is the makeup on Character Development's stiff, scarred, cold face.

I can't believe so many people can't see that character development / character building is completely dead in Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 is essentially an ACTION GAME -- not a roleplaying game.
Unless you consider changing equipment roleplaying.
In that case, Call of Duty is an RPG series.
The perks and equipment makes it exactly as much an RPG as Diablo.
Equipment: Primary weapon, secondary weapon, lethal and tactical
Skills: Perk 1, perk 2, perk 3
Passives: Killstreaks

Nephalem valor is nothing but a hollow distraction from the dead characters.
"See this? SHINY! SHIIIIINY! BLING!"

I can't believe so many of you lot go "Oooooh! Shiny!", and somehow protect the Shiny from anyone pointing out that it's merely a mirror, and that the actual SUN is outside your little cave where Diablo 3 is located at the moment.

You're acting like freaking Gollum, corrupted beings who protect your precious thing, inside a dark cave.
Edited by Frostraven#1952 on 1/11/2013 2:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can't believe so many of you lot go "Oooooh! Shiny!", and somehow protect the Shiny from anyone pointing out that it's merely a mirror, and that the actual SUN is outside your little cave where Diablo 3 is located at the moment.

You're acting like freaking Gollum, corrupted beings who protect your precious thing, inside a dark cave.

This is hilarious man, what a read :D

EDIT: I mean that in a good way, great post, and you are right.
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 1/11/2013 2:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
how about you guys with 10 elite kills get off of this forum and gain some play experience before making comments on how to improve this game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with NV. It has become an integral part of this game and many players have grown to love it. Editing NV is definitely not a priority in this game. Im sure you EXPERIENCED commentators can find something more important to address before this one... get your priorities straight punks.
Reply Quote
It rarely takes me more than 5 minutes to get a stack of 5 NV. I see NV as a bonus which is awarded faster as you get better at the game. Removing NV will only remove the reward from better players which is the same as rewarding average play.

This is just another thread promoting entitlement.
Reply Quote
Why do people always complain about all kinds of stuff? the NV idea is one of the few new things D3 came out with which is actually usefull!
Why fix something which ain't broken?

How come no one is complaining about the fact that there are no runes or the missing gear swapping option? Those would be really usefull if you ask me....
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Sting
How come no one is complaining about the fact that there are no runes or the missing gear swapping option? Those would be really usefull if you ask me....

Everything in due time, i will get there, one thread at a time.
Reply Quote
I am not sure where his judgement is coming from but look at how much of the gameplay is listed in his profile.
It could be that his issue is starting from being terribly behind.

Oh.. wait...
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 06:39 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
the NV idea is one of the few new things D3 came out with which is actually usefull!

I find it humorous that a requirement to kill five champs/elites (not to mention waste their drops) before you can even begin treasure hunting is "useful" to you.

A lot of you guys have a really odd definition of useful and fun. Maybe that's why you're one of the very few people still playing this broken game.

Surely you guys realize that in order to get a playerbase back that Blizzard is going to need to change up some stuff that you may find fun, because the vast majority of other players don't find that stuff fun....

I never said it was fun, I'm just saying it's usefull (cause it gives you a MF bonus), in my opinion. You don't have to agree with my point of view.
And in any case, I'm playing less than 1 hour/ day now, it's starting to get pretty boring farming act 3. I'm waiting for a new patch atm, don't think I'll ever reach lvl 100 paragon with the current game format.
Reply Quote
Ugh...please dont remove NV.

Its already hard enough to find a public match where everyone doesnt methodically race to the endboss, hoping to pick up 5 elites on the way. Take away NV and every damn run will be like it was prior to it, which is boss runs over and over and over...

Nothings more boring and less rewarding than 5min runs where you dont even really get to play. Thats what NV stopped.
Reply Quote
NV was and is a really cool impliment, and to hear that blizz is gonna make it so you can go through acts and keep ur stacks is perfect that is really the only major problem i see with it. make the game seamless. For there to be a "punishment" for changing skills is one of the many dynamics of the game. atleast u can gear swap w/o getting penalized.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
we like that NV helps balance these two concepts, and allows players to feel like there is some commitment to a skill build without

Have you played the game? For each class there is about ONE or two viable skill builds. And as for efficient time, we the chances of getting anything decent in that 5-10 minute interval is extremely low.

Its the fact that the community doesn't mind grinding bosses. Killing bosses should be something special. There is no reward in killing Diablo 3 bosses except for act clearance or some stupid achievement. The bosses in this game is a joke. Sure they drop a decent amount of rare gear, but 1/1000000000000000000000000000 of those rare gear MAY be decent. And the fact that they don't have their own unique drop bores me. There should be a goal in killing a boss over and over and a good motivation is to get its unique drop. Whether it is a low drop rate or not, HAVING IT EXIST MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Edited by Elessar#1142 on 1/11/2013 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh, come on !!

I'm playing a WD and over time I've used more than half the skills and half the runes.
Of course they don't all have the same in-game efficiency.
Most are quite playable though.
And lots of skills/runes are very nice when used in synergy with other classes.

I totally agree about the bosses though.
There should be something more when you kill em.
Not the D2 kind of special, which was boring, but at least something.
Maybe killing a boss could instantly gives 5NV stacks ?
Or could have a chance to trigger a special event ?
Or could have a chance to give a higher than flawless square gem ?
Now we struggle (or not) for 5/10/15 minutes and then what... not much.
Worst than the average Elite group with 5NV.

Also Blizzard please, please, recalibrate the XP balance over the acts and scenes !!!!
I'm so bored of always playing the same parts of act3 to XP up.
And Act4 design feels like it's only half finished.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]