Diablo® III

Remove NV from existance

View profile
Honestly guys?
Do you realize the ****storm that occurred when Blizz first announced that skills could be changed on the fly? The outcry in beta was enormous.

Nephalem Valour is one of the most innovative, and successful implementations of a gameplay mechanic in D3. It was implemented to foster a degree of attachment to one's build (by adding an incentive to stick with it), to eliminate the need to run one quest or zone over, and over, and over again, and to encourage multi-zone farming instead.

It's amazing to see how even a decision that was received so enthusiastically is a problem in some's eyes. Really? You can't wait the 2-3 minutes it takes to get the 5 stacks? Really? You need to change your skills so often that it should only remove 1 stack?

I don't know what the heck is going on while you guys are playing, but if you feel the need to switch skills every 2 minutes, you might be in the wrong MP, or need better gear. First you complain about an over-simplified game, and then you want to simplify it further to suit your needs.

If you really hate D3 so much, go play D2 and try never changing your skills. See how that works out for you...

This is the most sense anyone has made for some time on these forums. Well said.

Are you finished? It's not good, that is your opinion.. just as mine is it's crap... and the game is shallow! Take a seat young man!
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 1/11/2013 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
stop crying
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Turtle3000
stop crying

What a joke... are you a liberal? You clearly have your head in your !@#...
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 06:42 PMPosted by TheOneRaven
stop crying

What a joke... are you a liberal? You clearly have your head in your !@#...

You're either off your medication or a brilliant troll, but either way, please continue, it's like watching a poorly dubbed kung fu flick. "HAHAHAHA! You clearly must have a seat young man! Your head is up your !@#! HAHAHAHA! We fight now!"

Well done.
Reply Quote
View profile
... no really, have a seat. This bull!@#$ diversion of "Stop Crying" etc is just old hat... it's tiring... there are people who clearly want this game to stay the same and that's wonderful, but there are also some of us who want it to be better... so if you don't have anything constructive to say, get the hell out of the way and let the creative people flourish eh? Sadly, most of you are in denial and it's quite sad. Well Blues, can we get some feedback on this constructive set of ideas? They are all quite good and to me, would be much more of a draw than what you have... I'm sorry, but it's the truth and this is coming from a die hard. So, what are we waiting for?
Reply Quote
I personally love the NV system in theory. It's genius. It fits my playstyle very well. My problem is I frequently get disconnect from bnet. I live out in the woods and my internet is not 100% stable. I have no options for another provider, as my current one is the only choice and has been the only broadband choice for 12 years. I have millisecond connection disruptions every so often.

Some games these disruptions have no effect, like in Team Fortress 2 I just get a red warning message in the top right corner of the screen that says my connection has been disrupted, there's a 30 second auto reconnect counter and it only goes for maybe 2 seconds and I'm back in the game without having left the server. Same thing in Ultima Online. These minor connection disruptions would disconnect me from Ventrilo but most of the time in game I would just run in place for a moment and be right back at it without having to log back in. It essentially plays out as a minor lag.

In both WoW and D3 these millisecond connection disruptions have been a nightmare for years. My very short connection disruptions send me back to the log in screen every single time, even if they're so short that mumble doesn't even have time to notice. They've wiped raid bosses, lost rated BGs, and now they kill my NV stacks just as I got to 5 and am ready to farm. NV stacking is not intuitive for long play sessions for people without perfect 100% uptime internet.

Countless times since this system has been implemented I've lost my NV stacks right when I wanted or needed them the most. This frustrates me so badly that I don't even bother to log back in for days to weeks. I really wish I could keep these stacks through connection disruptions, even if it's only one stack that can be saved per day and it has to be picked back up within 30 seconds. This would make the system minimally abusable but also not punish people just for having your product.
Reply Quote
View profile
I personally love the NV system in theory. It's genius. It fits my playstyle very well. My problem is I frequently get disconnect from bnet. I live out in the woods and my internet is not 100% stable. I have no options for another provider, as my current one is the only choice and has been the only broadband choice for 12 years. I have millisecond connection disruptions every so often.

Some games these disruptions have no effect, like in Team Fortress 2 I just get a red warning message in the top right corner of the screen that says my connection has been disrupted, there's a 30 second auto reconnect counter and it only goes for maybe 2 seconds and I'm back in the game without having left the server. Same thing in Ultima Online. These minor connection disruptions would disconnect me from Ventrilo but most of the time in game I would just run in place for a moment and be right back at it without having to log back in. It essentially plays out as a minor lag.

In both WoW and D3 these millisecond connection disruptions have been a nightmare for years. My very short connection disruptions send me back to the log in screen every single time, even if they're so short that mumble doesn't even have time to notice. They've wiped raid bosses, lost rated BGs, and now they kill my NV stacks just as I got to 5 and am ready to farm. NV stacking is not intuitive for long play sessions for people without perfect 100% uptime internet.

Countless times since this system has been implemented I've lost my NV stacks right when I wanted or needed them the most. This frustrates me so badly that I don't even bother to log back in for days to weeks. I really wish I could keep these stacks through connection disruptions, even if it's only one stack that can be saved per day and it has to be picked back up within 30 seconds. This would make the system minimally abusable but also not punish people just for having your product.
7 hours ago

Well, the 24 hour NV stacks with diminishing stacks each hour would certainly solve this... at the very least you might lose 2 stacks while you are down... food for thought my friend!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Ender
Take your own advice and "stop crying."

Try reading posts instead of skimming them and you might understand why this is out of context completely. A solid debate for the betterment of this game has nothing to do with crying or whining. It's about positive change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
isn't NV without any resets called a PARAGON level? correct me if im wrong.
Reply Quote
how to fix NV.

1) click off the buff whenever you receive it.
2) change your skills every elite/event kill to remove it.
3) stop caring and reach 100 paragon

honestly. the point of NV is to get you to adapt a play style that works for you and focus on playing rather than swapping skills. even if NV didn't exist, from a practical standpoint you should be striving for this anyhow. If you spend your day constantly swapping skills without completing any content how much fun can this game really be for you?
Reply Quote
View profile
I would rather have some permanent choices to make... perhaps a way to change them IF you are willing to pay the price... or, if you beat a new level... say (mp0-10) you are allowed a new change... this is if you BEAT the entire game again. So, you have permanence and a sense of scope and scale that changing your skill "tree" or "buffed runes" will set you back some time if you get them wrong... But, there is still hope for those that really need to change. Also, if you feel that your skills are bad, you could have this be account wide. By this, you could build up "skill tree wipes" and each time you beat the game you get one and can then respec and expend one point on the character select screen. This would allow at least 4 changes per full play through and potentially give one for each 25 levels of paragon... for a grand total of 8 per character. Just ideas... thoughts?

Edit - These 8 could be used for ANY character in your profile. Hardcore and Softcore being exclusive to themselves however... Then, allow the building of runes... by this I mean, you get to pick which rune you want and beef up (5 point max) OR select different effects ( 5 point max) or a combo of the 2.... so for this you'd make it to where every 10 levels and every 25 paragon you get 1 "skill-up" which allows you to select 1 move to have MORE than 1 rune. So, you might have 1 skill with all runes maxed and it literally does everything when you spec this way. Runes with opposite effects such as pushes and pulls could become blacked out if you select one or the other. Such as with Barbs and their leap. If you select knockback as your second rune-up choice, you are no longer allowed to pick the pull rune which brings all enemies to you, but the damage of the rune could still be applied (if selection was possible). ... kinda neat!
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 1/12/2013 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
nv system is better than no nv system

so ... no
Reply Quote
People were given the "casual" option. If you have too much life to grind a game based off grinding for hours (and pvp ofc) you can just p2w. Of course some scrub will complain that its still not casual enough because he can't enjoy all the bonuses of the game in his 5 minute sessions in between browsing twitter or w/e scrubs do today.

The next step would be blizz renting you bots so you can farm the best items while you're busying lifing it up. Offical bot rental in '13. watch for it, wouldnt be surprised if the expansion is based around it.

:O i'd be PISSED
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 06:29 AMPosted by fathom
NV is the best improvement by far, your ideas are all bad.

Agree 100%
I suppose the people wanting NV removed want 45 second runs like d2, now thats BORING
Reply Quote
Raven your thread sucks its not even a good troll.

Try harder, tryhard
Reply Quote
View profile
It's not a troll dip!@#$... good try though.
Reply Quote
I want to do 3 min Azamadon runs without having NV, but I know it sucked. Any choice for me?
Reply Quote
View profile
No Charlie, sadly these morons think you should be locked in runs for the rest of your life. Personally a run for me is 5 stacks and a boss... and then I'm done... I can't do anymore or I'll puke... the game just isn't fun. In the off chance I do find something I do another run to test it and see how good it is for my "kit"... so you see more items dropping is better, but will we ever get a good drop rate WITHOUT NV AND PARAGON ADDED IN??? I think not... and that is why "you" fail @ Blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]