Diablo® III

Remove NV from existance

NV needs to go. It absolutely kills the addictiveness of this game.

I concur.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
NV is NOT a bonus, but a REQUIREMENT.

And thereby a hassle.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
NV is NOT a bonus, but a REQUIREMENT.

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means...
Edited by Mallakaii#1258 on 1/9/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Mallakaii
You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means...

1. a prolonged argument; wrangle
2. a great deal of trouble; difficulty; nuisance
vb
1. (intr) to quarrel or wrangle
2. (tr) to cause annoyance or trouble to (someone); harass

Pretty much bro.
Reply Quote
What I miss from D2 is the ability to allocate skill points into what whatever skill tree I wish. The way blizzard is doing the skill system is not fun in mu eyes and it is weak. I do not hate D3 but I feel they could have transitioned some options from D2 to D3 and it would make the game more lively. I see there are some real players here that is so deep that you would need a book to understand what they are saying. I think we should give Blizzard some time though to see where they are going with D3.
Reply Quote
NV is a fix to something that wasn't a problem for the game that was by far the most loved of the franchise. Interesting how it became one IMO.
Reply Quote
I don't look at it as a punishment at all but rather a reward for killing many elites.

I'm a big fan of NV - one of the best improvements over D2 IMO. They should definitely keep it as-is.

I know this is a bit late to ask, but if you see it, would you let me know what you were missing if you had no NV (except mf, keys, and bonus rare, which can easily be transferred to the standard drop system).

What besides that is it you like about NV, and what would you miss greatly if it was removed?
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 1/9/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
THANK YOU i switch and the end of my runs! GAME SET MATCH it takes my 15mins a run so switching at the end is never a problem. i've got A TON of legendaries without 5 stacks of NV.
Reply Quote
When I was leveling in hc, I feel much enjoyable spamming Warrior's nest without a single NV stack.... So, I don't think having or without NV really matter. Just ignore it. Do whatever you want. The chances of getting godly item is not 0% without NV anyway.
Reply Quote
Stop complaining and enjoy the damn game!
Reply Quote
[quote[i]="75916476476"]There are 2 main "problems" that NV addresses as i see it.- Skills, punishment for changing them.- To prevent players from playing quick sessions[/quote]These aren't "problems". You must be a glass half-empty kind of guy.

NV has issues, but not these. You are REWARDED for keeping a build. The issue is the reward. It's essentially flooded the game with rares, relegating them to junk status. That's the issue with NV. It also means that low-end Legendaries are also "junk" because players compare them to the top .01% of rares (since they are so common).

The designers should have predicted this. Rather than grant a gauranteed item-based reward, NV should have just granted gold/xp/mf. But hey, then players would just be complaining that they can't find any rares. As it stands, they complain that they can't find any Legendaries.

It all depends on where you see the gear curve. In my opinion, the curve is slanted far too much towards Legendaries.
Reply Quote
imho NV was the best addition to this game it does precisely what it was designed to do and is far less limiting than any of the other options that were on the table.

pleaese keep nephalem valor the way it is.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:47 PMPosted by shagg
What I miss from D2 is the ability to allocate skill points into what whatever skill tree I wish. The way blizzard is doing the skill system is not fun in mu eyes and it is weak.
Skill trees in D2 were weak. Really, go back and play it. This is how you allocated skills:
1. Pick a skill you like.
2. Invest 1 point in the tree to obtain that skill.
3. Max that skill.
4. Max synergy skills.

It's actually pretty shallow. The skill trees aren't fleshed out in D2, and the synergy system merely attempts to cover it up. Most "skills" in D2 don't start really functioning well until you break 10-15 points in them, and some not even until you go over 20. You have to rely on +skill equipment (don't deny it). Don't even get me started on many of the "useless" skills.
Reply Quote
NV is one of the best things to happen to D3. Without NV you'd just be running the same area over and over for maximum XP and legendaries... instead of the variety of places you can go through in different sequences.

I'm surprised anyone is against it.
Reply Quote
NV is one of the best things to happen to D3. Without NV you'd just be running the same area over and over for maximum XP and legendaries... instead of the variety of places you can go through in different sequences.

I think I've been doing the same thing regardless of having nv or not. Most of my legs are found when I only had 2-3 NV stacks.... and only had a game created within the first 3 mins.
Reply Quote

I think I've been doing the same thing regardless of having nv or not. Most of my legs are found when I only had 2-3 NV stacks.... and only had a game created within the first 3 mins.

More power to you then. NV offers many options in the way you want to optimize your run.
Reply Quote
+1 ,remove NV so we can have option to farm only bosses !
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Nocturnal
No more deciding what the player thinks is most fun.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...

WHOA.

What!?
Reply Quote
There are 2 main "problems" that NV addresses as i see it.

- Skills, punishment for changing them.
- To prevent players from playing quick sessions

I want to address both here.

Skills:

Honestly, who cares if someone pulls a 30 sec cooldown skill change, or a tp to town to change a skill (consider you have to avoid hits for this). I already think this is sufficient punishment, and why not use the skill system of D3 in a dynamic way?

Do you really think someone who changes skills rapidly can farm like that for eternities? that they can outfarm the reward of making a strong all around build so you dont have to change skills and can keep going, perpetual mode?

If someone can keep doing that all day, then let them! They are clearly enjoying that play style if they do not get tired and outfarmed by one who just keeps going with the same build.
You have to be thoroughly deranged / hardcore to play like that, and if you are, why not be rewarded in the game for it, reach out to those players?

Have you ever actually considered how little real difference it actually makes versus how limiting a game feature it is?

Preventing quick farming sessions:

From a player perspective, i do not see the greater issue with this, and given the past, i think many diablo players found great joy in farming the same in at a quick rate. The only real argument i could see was your servers running too many games, and i doubt that is why.

You have already made sure bosses are worth skipping, and that monsters themselves are what you are hunting. NV in this sense, only serves to shorten games to the point that you can abuse areas that are much greater than others.

Just remove NV and properly balance your areas. This does not mean that all your areas have to give you even average rewards, so that no one are great. It could mean for example that good areas are found deep in other areas, far from a waypoint, and that you cannot get saved to spawn in those areas upon entering the game (Assasins vault for example).

What is to gain from removing Nephalem Valor?
Players are encouraged to use the dynamic skill system of Diablo 3, and they are no longer punished for playing around with any builds or alteration of skills they think of while farming. Right now, i think many players are almost scared of changing a skill to break their efficiency, and because of that they will keep playing the cookie cutter over and over again.

You can now make quick farming games if this is what you prefer. No more deciding what the player thinks is most fun.

Gain in quality playing time. Each stacking of NV feels like wasted time, and it feels like the farming begins after it. It makes the playing experience worse in my opinion, and we would be better off without it.

The list goes on, more for example here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004017081

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nocturnal's Master Thread of Ideas
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200302965

NO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]