Diablo® III

Remove NV from existance

2 solutions,

nv stack is persistant across all acts, which CM has hinted

and

when changing skills, it will deduct 1 nv stack and also initiate a NV cooldown on the icon of say... 2-3 minutes. The reason for this cooldown is simple, you don't want the system to keep deducting NV stacks when you change more than 1 skill!

After cooldown is complete, changing another skill again will deduct another nv stack, this is to ensure that you are satisfied with your new build and will cost you again if you wish to switch to another.
Edited by Hak#1935 on 1/10/2013 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Nocturnal
- Skills, punishment for changing them.

you realize it takes a few minutes to get back your stacks, right?
Reply Quote
FIX:

Lose 1 stack per skill changed
and per time the player respawns after death (getting rezzd by a team mate = do not lose 1 stack)
Reply Quote
I actually quite like the current NV system. It gives a specific short term goal in each playing session. I do feel, though, as though some minor improvements could be made. Perhaps, as others have suggested, loosing just 1 stack for changing your skill.
Reply Quote
"(Oh, and PS - I can't seem to find the post where this was asked, but since it's related, we are working to allow NV stacks to persist across Acts.)"

That rocks!! Having a shot at keys from each act will be much easier!! :D
Reply Quote
Honestly guys?
Do you realize the ****storm that occurred when Blizz first announced that skills could be changed on the fly? The outcry in beta was enormous.

Nephalem Valour is one of the most innovative, and successful implementations of a gameplay mechanic in D3. It was implemented to foster a degree of attachment to one's build (by adding an incentive to stick with it), to eliminate the need to run one quest or zone over, and over, and over again, and to encourage multi-zone farming instead.

It's amazing to see how even a decision that was received so enthusiastically is a problem in some's eyes. Really? You can't wait the 2-3 minutes it takes to get the 5 stacks? Really? You need to change your skills so often that it should only remove 1 stack?

I don't know what the heck is going on while you guys are playing, but if you feel the need to switch skills every 2 minutes, you might be in the wrong MP, or need better gear. First you complain about an over-simplified game, and then you want to simplify it further to suit your needs.

If you really hate D3 so much, go play D2 and try never changing your skills. See how that works out for you...
Edited by Rezrov#1730 on 1/10/2013 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Preventing quick farming sessions:

I agree with you on the points you made in this section. I often don't have a hour to play anymore like I did when I was in my 20's.

What is to gain from removing Nephalem Valor?

I don't think removing it is the answer. No matter what you do the majority will always seek out what is the best option and do that. Whether that is a skill setup, a particular piece of gear, a farming route, which monster to kill, makes no difference. That is how the majority will operate. By removing NV all you will succeed in doing is change what the majority does and in turn they will follow the "new" best method. I for one don't feel scared to change my skills. I make some changes and try it out and see if it work's or how I like it. This in turn is why we have the builds we have. Take barbs for example, people spent their time figuring out what worked best and now the majority do that. This is why for most they use a 2 hander or dual wield, this is why we have the WW builds and others. People want to be the best and so they follow what they believe is the best. Removing NV won't change that.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 1/10/2013 7:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
NV makes no sense at all in a game of this type. Any other 'timed' mechanics don't either, like cooldowns for example.

This is basically a single player game with MMO style mechanics awkwardly tied in. D3 is the first of the Diablo series that Blizzard basically says, this is the way WE feel you must play, so tough luck. And that's it.

Paragon levels fall into the same category. Another redundant time kill for nothing.

Blizzard, you need to concentrate on actual arpg additions to D3 and get to fixing what's there already.
Reply Quote
I actually really love the nv stacks. Its nice that the optimal gaming style is not to play 3 mins the best areas and then make a new game. Now regular run takes around 20-25 mins which is quite enough even for a shorter gaming session.
Reply Quote
NV is not the problem in D3.
Reply Quote
Here is what you can do:

Pretend NV does not exist and play as you like. It is really that simple.
Reply Quote
NV is just another stupid "feature" if you can call it that, just like Monster Power... I currently don't have the mental capacity to expand on that comment.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 06:40 AMPosted by FlyHigh
I agree take it out of game. It takes away fast runs and is forcing us to farm the way the blizz staff wants us to. I wanna farm how ever i want to. nv is just pointless. just leave it at good old magic find and call it a day please.

This makes no sense.

Say you have 200 MF before NV. You kill a bunch of scorpions with no NV. You are rewarded as if you had 200 MF.

Say they took NV out of the game. You have 200 MF. You kill a bunch of scorpions. You are rewarded as if you had 200 MF.

What do you gain from the removal of NV?
Reply Quote
Should be removed soley for the reason that no sets or legendarys drop from 1 to 60.

EDIT: On a different note. Some one posted there are bigger fish to fry. And I agree.

For instance. Rubber banding. It ruins all the hard work done on the maps and layout. Blip blip blip. And its infuriating.

Get rid of in game pop ups. Seriously. Everything that pops up that you have to direct your attention to to click off, can result in reduced enjoyment of the game. For instance, you try to run and instead hit azmodans popup box. You char does not move and gets croacked.
Get rid of the lousy popup system.

Inventory/skill bar lock. Seriously. Make it the "end" key in upper right hand of keyboard.

You have any idea how many times I go to sell items and blip blip my bow an quiver are in my inventory and other craps equipped? You have any idea how many people sell valuable items due to this.

Lastly. Public games. Are so cheesy. You get in a room now with more then one p50 and its a complete face roll. And the exp gained from it is ridiculous. Its not worth soloing at any mp level.

I say make public games in inferno close to mp5.

I also say. MP is stupid. MP10 in nightmare should not be easier then MP0 in inferno. The difficulties should overlap. And there are to many MP levels. Why 10? Why not 4, with greater spike in difficulties.

Why does MP0 an 1 grant so much exp? And gold. You wonder why golds at 15 cents a million. Its people face rolling mp 1, 0 and public games.

Reduce drops. Of gems, gold, everything to 1.03 levels again.

MP 0 an 1 an pub make inferno feel like normal.
Edited by Kush#1975 on 1/10/2013 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly guys?
Do you realize the ****storm that occurred when Blizz first announced that skills could be changed on the fly? The outcry in beta was enormous.

Nephalem Valour is one of the most innovative, and successful implementations of a gameplay mechanic in D3. It was implemented to foster a degree of attachment to one's build (by adding an incentive to stick with it), to eliminate the need to run one quest or zone over, and over, and over again, and to encourage multi-zone farming instead.

It's amazing to see how even a decision that was received so enthusiastically is a problem in some's eyes. Really? You can't wait the 2-3 minutes it takes to get the 5 stacks? Really? You need to change your skills so often that it should only remove 1 stack?

I don't know what the heck is going on while you guys are playing, but if you feel the need to switch skills every 2 minutes, you might be in the wrong MP, or need better gear. First you complain about an over-simplified game, and then you want to simplify it further to suit your needs.

If you really hate D3 so much, go play D2 and try never changing your skills. See how that works out for you...

Pretty much spot on..NV needs to stay.

If you need to test a build out, do it before you start farming and then if the build is working well on trash and playing around with a few elites, put it into use.

Blizzard should (and hopefully NEVER will) go back to the original design of Diablo 3 that allowed and encouraged players to run around with their skill window open changing skills on the fly with half a screen to see your character.

This is just silly..PLEASE keep NV in some form or another.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]