Diablo® III

If you've played more than 10 hours...

Most games that you buy come complete and everything is in the storyline. D3 went out of it's way to be cookie cutter in a lot of ways. But in other areas where cookie cutter would be more than okay they did just the oppisite. They could have said this is how much time it will take you to get to end-game here are all the features you get if we give you more then it is because we want to give you more. But with this game you have to be online you have scammers and cheaters and the game is incomplete, it didn't say to be continued and not only that but you can always give them more money as you play but only a select few seem to be able to make money from the game. There are a bunch of things that don't work right in the game. Not only that but paying internet, having a computer that opperates properly, and a mouse that is gonna be worn out over time playing this game you can't just say that if you play a certain amount of hours on the game you got your money's worth and put the numer of hours low. When Blizzard was trying to get everyone to buy the game they didn't put all the details on the box and some of the ones they did put on the box are not quite accurate. My biggest gripe would have to be "rng" if the OP wants to say 10 hours is the amount of time you play and get your money's worth then all players should have BiS and end game within 10 hours of gameplay.
Reply Quote
SO many people talk about no rewards in this game but this precise reward setting is what keeps all playing on and on :-D

There is no point of playing T2 if you can collect a set in few hours of gaming..

At least I get to differentiate myself compared to my peers when gearing. Heck we don't even have the same face in game. There's puzzles in game to solves too.
Reply Quote
I would like to chime in, and both agree and disagree at the same time. Playing a game for a certain number of hours might make it worth the money spent on it, but spending a lot of time in a game shows a deeper investment. When a design decision that you don’t agree with is made, it would be easier to dismiss it if the game only had its monetary value for you. However, if you disagree with a change and it’s a game that you’ve sunk a lot of hours into then it can feel like worlds colliding.

Either way a complaint is feedback and it all counts. As long as people are addressing the issue and not the individuals surrounding it (i.e. players or developers) then we are happy to read it and pass it along.

This is under the assumption that staying quiet and just not buying any more expansions for said game is not an option. Which I believe is an amicable solution to the OP (ie the initial game was worth its value, but 'worlds colliding' changes make further iterations not worth it fiscally, ending in a silent exit).

In such a case I would guess you would rather urge players to voice their constructive complaints, as opposed to passively being open to criticisms.
Reply Quote
Personally if I only get 10 hours out of a game, I do not think it was worth the money or even the few hours I spent on it.

Unless it was an indiegame or a very cheap, older game I'd never consider a game that only gave me 10 hours.

However!

I do agree, that the demands and expectations even this long after release are hugely disproportional and unreasonable.

I am appalled at the common misconception that Blizzard are duty bound to be constantly fixed and improving a stand-alone RPG game.

I fully expect them to be devoting most of their resources in making an expansion for "the fastest selling game in history"

With some 700 hours spent on d3 and still with lots to do, that blizzard commit themselves in the way that they do, even now is something that I deeply appreciate.

That they haven't buckled under the pressure and made a game destroying mistake in an attempt to appease the community demonstrates a qualified, credible and respectable organization.

I for one intend to continue putting hours into Diablo 3 regardless of what they do, because I have a much larger invenstment into Diablo3 than money.
Reply Quote
There is no reason to complain

Most games today are over 50$ and offer about 10 hours of gameplay or less.

I've racked over 400 hours of gameplay. That's about 15 cents an hour of entertainment, you cannot find this anywhere else (ie: movies)

I got a free pack of cards when filling my car up.

Me and the guys at the office have played cards after lunch for 3 years now.

Every other source of entertainment is inferior.

Even if we don't really like playing cards & do it because there isn't much else to do.

Oh and Dave has been cheating every time we play, winning the game & usually getting some change out of our pockets, into his.

Heard he is being payed by this asian guy who has 300 people doing the same across companies globally :(

You're probably trying to sound smart here, but your argument falls flat.

You may have nothing else better to do except play cards in the office, but when talking about video games, please don't tell me you don't have other options (there are other games besides D3 you know).

If one chooses to pour hundreds of hours into D3 instead of playing another game (when so many other games are available, including free games that are soooo much fun according to some people on this thread), his claims that 'D3 sucks' loses a lot of credibility. That's what the OP was getting at, I believe, though his cut-off of 10 hours does seen a little low IMO.
Edited by Veldin#1214 on 1/10/2013 2:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 02:20 AMPosted by Veldin
You're probably trying to sound smart here, but your argument falls flat.

I agree, Amongst other mis-conceptions, standalone RPG's are not designed to be the type of game that you exclusively commit all your gaming time to.

If you only play Diablo 3, your doing it wrong. There is a gaming revolution going on in the world, you should stick your head up out of diablo's behind for a while and notice what else is going on out there.

Diablo will send you a text when he wants to play with you again.
Reply Quote
if you played less than 10 hours and complained, you'd get told that you didn't know what you were talking about and should play some more. some will even point out your elite kills/lack of progression and call you a noob.

then you play some more and go over the 10 hour mark and complain again... you'd then get told you got your moneys worth and you should be quiet.

no gray area.
Reply Quote
You really want to compare one hour that you spend in the cinema with a silver screen than is larger than your house with a computer game that is so bad like Dialbo 3?

Spending one hour in the AH isn't that exciting like watching a good movie.

My hours in Diablo 3 always have been "All right, I'm still in the boring part, but they told us that it should soon get exicting. I can't wait till the fun starts."

After 100 hours full of emptie promissies I gave up. Why can't Diablo III be a little like other games? E.g. Diablo 2, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2, Plants vs. Zombies, Dungeon Defenders, Binding of Issac (btw. thoes game combined cost the same as Dialbo III does cost alone)

No one in a right mind would say "Great, I just spend 10 hours at the AH, I surley go my money worth.
Reply Quote
I must have played it over 1000 hours, one of the best gaming investments I iever made.
It might not be perfect but somehow I keep on playing it :)
Reply Quote
I've racked over 400 hours of gameplay. That's about 15 cents an hour of entertainment, you cannot find this anywhere else (ie: movies)

I'm guessing you never heard of monster hunter.
Reply Quote

My hours in Diablo 3 always have been "All right, I'm still in the boring part, but they told us that it should soon get exicting. I can't wait till the fun starts."

At some point you will have to realize this is because of your gaming style not the game.

I've spent 700 hours, you can check out my profile if you like.. and I still feel like I have SO much to do. Ive not done any HC yet and still a lot of achievements to complete and tons of gear to get.

My gaming style is such that Diablo3 really hits my demon-hoarde slaying sweet spot, it suits me like an old friend. I dont play everyday, or even every week, but when I do I'm never washed with a feeling of boredom, it rarely feels mundane or dull like an mmo often does.

Its unfortunate that people dont share my gaming style or even have a desire to adapt their style to suit the game they are playing. But its important to try and recognize this isnt an issue with the product, its your gaming style not being compatible, your personal issue.

You can wait for more content, features or expansions but if your style isnt compatible, it will never matter, your always going to end up being bored sooner or later.
Edited by Sade#2920 on 1/10/2013 4:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okay maybe you could say if you played more than 10 hours you got your money's worth compared to other games. However I expect to get hundreds of hours out of a Blizzard game. I only play a handful of games regularly and I do get hundreds of hours out of them. Those are WoW, SC2, BF3, D3, and L4D2. Obviously only one of these is subscription based.

So on the other side of the spectrum is my friend. He buys like every single game that comes out that's halfway decent and some that are downright bad. He never becomes truely good at any of them and doesn't even finish most of them. Then he gets the kick in the balls when he trades them back in to Gamestop for a fraction of their cost. He probably bought close to 100 games last year. Lets also remember you can't resell a copy of D3 and its looking like soon most games will have some kind of non-transferrable protection on them.

I prefer to do it my way, buy few games but get incredible value out of them.
Reply Quote
There is no reason to complain

Most games today are over 50$ and offer about 10 hours of gameplay or less.

you see.. when people read blizzard,diablo,warcraft,starcraft, they don't expect your regular game that plays for average "10 hours that is more than the titles today" and this is exactly the reason why blizz used to be game defining company that blew other titles out the water before.

if people agree with this statement this is also agreeing that blizz is your typical game company that entertain you for 10 hours and then you forget about them. As much as i don't like D3 currently i still believe that there is hope.
Reply Quote
That's why you stick to free MMO... Which generally last too long. :)
How come free games are handing out more content?
Reply Quote
That's why you stick to free MMO... Which generally last too long. :)
How come free games are handing out more content?

Only League of Legends comes to mind atm... everything else is either pay to win,overwhelmed by bots/hackers or dying.
Edited by Sikkens#2951 on 1/10/2013 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hate diablo III its like a bad gambling aditiction.. you play in hopes to finally geting three bars.. that just never come.
Reply Quote
I would like to chime in, and both agree and disagree at the same time. Playing a game for a certain number of hours might make it worth the money spent on it, but spending a lot of time in a game shows a deeper investment. When a design decision that you don’t agree with is made, it would be easier to dismiss it if the game only had its monetary value for you. However, if you disagree with a change and it’s a game that you’ve sunk a lot of hours into then it can feel like worlds colliding.

Either way a complaint is feedback and it all counts. As long as people are addressing the issue and not the individuals surrounding it (i.e. players or developers) then we are happy to read it and pass it along.

Well said.

Many of us here have invested way more than the $60 we payed for it. Whether its money, time or the relationships that you given up just to play, it's all part of the costs that we invest into the game. It's probably why many players take such great offense when other overly opinionated players express contrary views to their own. It goes against the grain of their investment into something that they feel is very important.

These reasons are why it is important to keep the comments constructive and focused on trying to improve the game.
Edited by Makina#1524 on 1/10/2013 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
i've put in 1000's of hours into F2P games; what's your point?

i have 800 hours into D3; yes, it was worth the $60. if i could go back in time would i stop myself from buying it? yes.

i'm not a big blizzard fan. never got into WoW and when d1/d2 was released i played it for like a week because i was stuck on my psx...literally, and was only 12 when d2 came out.

that being said, d3 did not make me a blizz fan, which truly i am sad about. because at the end of the day, they didn't impress me. in the future when there is a discussion about diablo3, i don't feel the need to chime in--even though i put in 800 hours--which i think is why most people are complaining.

like many have said before me; it's good, not great. and being that it came from blizz people didn't expect it to be great, they expected it to be epic.

you see the problem there? :D
Edited by ghostblade#1122 on 1/10/2013 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]