Diablo® III

If you've played more than 10 hours...

+1
Reply Quote
There is no reason to complain

Most games today are over 50$ and offer about 10 hours of gameplay or less.

I've racked over 400 hours of gameplay. That's about 15 cents an hour of entertainment, you cannot find this anywhere else (ie: movies)

Why people always take movie for example? Go buy movie DVD and watch it 100 times, voila thre is your entertainment for less than 10cents per hour. Same thing as playing diablo act 3 over and over again
Reply Quote
Honestly when I reached Inferno already the game was worth its money. I had so much fun. The atmosphere gave me goose flesh in the start quite often. And adventuring through the difficult mobs on public games in nightmare and hell, even dying, was fun :D
-I just wondered why it got so damn more difficult in public games in nightmare (because I played normal alone...), that was the only frustrating point before inferno. It's fixed today.

Anything else was just a bonus, However all we know what the bonus was then.. it was damn difficult. However anyone who cried about inferno was a troll imo, because inferno was declared as damn-difficult before the release! Just give normal .. serious ..feedback that's ok of course!
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 1/10/2013 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Even if you feel you didn't get your money worth, !@#$%ing about it on the games forums changes nothing. I don't know why this is even up for debate. You either feel you got your moneys worth or you don't. Quit being an whine ^-* and get on with your life. Or feedback with actual substance would be nice.
Reply Quote
for me its nothing about value for money..... its about return replayability value ..

D2 has it.. SC2 has it ... as did all blizzards previous games.... thats what i have always expected from blizzard... i would pay $200 plus for this if required ( a pledge that much on crowd funding projects i believe in )

i buy blizzard games to be something to always come back to and enjoy as thats what they have been since the first warcraft ( though WC2 was big improvement )

D3, is a throwaway game... is super boring and has zero return value ... which is a shame... up until now diabo was my absolute favourie franchise of computer games ( for return value - would come back after a month and reroll new character ) but sadly not any more..
Edited by MGH#1860 on 1/10/2013 5:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
You do realize that, while you only spent $60 on the game, your time playing the game also needs to be accounted for? Have you ever heard the expression "time is money"?

Well if you work at McDonald's and make $8/hr then you need to judge whether spending an hour in Diablo is worth $8 of your time especially when the game is more work than it is fun.

You have a valid point that many people have gotten "their money's worth" out of the purchase of the game. But have people that have invested hundreds of hours gotten their money's worth? That, OP, is debatable.
Reply Quote
This game gives you no value for your time. You play and gain nothing from it, unless you like mindless grinding for zero reward or spending your money on meaningless gear in a game with no PvP and no real competition.

If I took the 100 bucks I had wasted on this game and put it towards a Steam sale, I'd have more games than I'd know what to do with and they'd all be a better value.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This is Blizzard though. Their games last 10+ years. So if a game, that Blizzard makes, does not last 10+ years.... it is a fail. Blizzard is known for epic games. Plain and simple. Epic year lasting games. You cannot be known for epic year lasting games, and fail to deliver that.
Edited by Banksownus#1123 on 1/10/2013 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is no reason to complain

Most games today are over 50$ and offer about 10 hours of gameplay or less.

I've racked over 400 hours of gameplay. That's about 15 cents an hour of entertainment, you cannot find this anywhere else (ie: movies)

OP is a troll and an idiot, not necessarily in that order.

I've got over 1300 hours in the game

Skyrim
D2
Tl1
Left 4 Dead

ALL took up more of my time than this game has.

Bioshock took up more of my time than OP has spent in D3..... With only 400 hours in game you have'nt even earned the right to post in the forum yet.
Reply Quote
Is it worth 60? yes.

Is it worth playing over 10 hours? No.
Reply Quote
From what I gather, most people that are unhappy are playing in hopes of becoming happy through either a great upgrade, secret event, great farming area, etc....chasing a dream so to speak.

I would like to think that a good deal of gamers do not give up right away, and strive through a boring aspect to get to that end-game...how they define that end-game is whether or not they feel their time spent was well worth it. Some do not feel like rushing to the AH after farming the same act with non-skippable dialogue over and over again is well worth it.

Me, personally, I do not feel as my time invested has been horrible...at times, frustrating, yes...but I have different goals to shoot for. To say they spent their time and they have no right to complain, for a DIABLO game of all titles, is truly ignorant of what Diablo was, and for some, still may be...

Diablo means something different, something a good deal more than other titles...to blatantly throw it on the table as "just another ARPG", "not an MMO", etc. after waiting so many years for it....

...just wow.
Edited by Schadow#1616 on 1/10/2013 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is it worth 60? yes.

Is it worth playing over 10 hours? No.

AI........ AI doesn't always mean Artificial Intelligence. Sometimes it just means ANOTHER IDIOT.
Reply Quote
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Value for money is subjective hence why the OP's argument is weak.
Reply Quote
60$ + 10++ hours invested = input
enjoyment, happiness, excitement etc. = output

We complained because the output is less than the input.

OP is trolling because he's comparing "expenditure with expenditure", the book will never be balance.

I ordered a pie, and waited for 2 hours before it was served,
the waitress dropped the pie when I'm going to pay for it.
Should I pay the $10 since I've invested 2 hours in waiting?

@OP : Nice doing business with you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I love all the young gamers in here crying like little girls about 10-20 hours of game play for $50.

You clearly never played console games back in the early 90s when a game would cost $80 and at max you would get 5-7 hours of play time with 0 replay value.

Just shows how spoiled people are now.
Reply Quote
10 hours for a game of this genre nowdays is entry level

And to be honest, its not like its 10 hours of DIVERSE content, its the same 4 acts, done over again, 4 times through.

You could argue once you have finished normal mode, you've seen the whole game. How long did that take you? 2 hours? 3 hours?
Reply Quote
I love all the young gamers in here crying like little girls about 10-20 hours of game play for $50.

You clearly never played console games back in the early 90s when a game would cost $80 and at max you would get 5-7 hours of play time with 0 replay value.

Yeah we should go back to decreasing value because it used to be like that, good idea.
Reply Quote

I supposed you never gotten any pay raise before right? How spoiled you are in getting more money than in the past.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Herppderpp
This is Blizzard though. Their games last 10+ years. So if a game, that Blizzard makes, does not last 10+ years.... it is a fail. Blizzard is known for epic games. Plain and simple. Epic year lasting games. You cannot be known for epic year lasting games, and fail to deliver that.

Since we're not even a year into the game and servers are still up, and people are still playing, and patches are still coming out, lets hold off on damning the game because it's actually lasting at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]